Fallowed by <Unknown>

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
BBot

Fallowed by <Unknown>

#1 Post by BBot » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:40 pm

today i updated to rev745 didnt sow it earlier lol:) and i started to get that while i was doing KS ( from the res point to the hill when u jump) i think its kinda strange do u think its a GM? ^^ its not my pet coz i didnt got it while in ini and didnt really tested it with the previous rev

PS i got it also from players its okey its just that UNKNOWN that worries me

rock5

Re: Fallowed by <Unknown>

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:39 pm

UNKNOWN just means the bot couldn't get the name of the object or maybe it was reset. This might be a bug. I think something Lisa reported might be similar. If anyone else has something similar, let me know.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#3 Post by botje » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 am

happens to me sometimes too, think its a bug, because it also happens when there is no one nearby, and seeying there are no GM's on my server... :P

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 am

I see, you are saying you are getting the message "Fallowed by <UNKNOWN>". That sounds like a userfunction. I'm not sure which that is. It probably just expects the target info to be completely updated but 745 avoids updating things it doesn't need to. The userfunction probably just needs an update somewhere.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:50 am

it is part of GM detect now.

Code: Select all

for k,v in pairs(playertable) do
								if v.Name == obj.Name and (os.time() - v.ptime >= ignoreplayertime) and 3 >= v.alarmsounded then -- someone is following us
									if logg then
										logInfo(player.Name,"Followed by "..obj.Name.." Class IDs: "..pawn.Class1.."/"..pawn.Class2,true,"GM")
									end
									print("Followed by "..obj.Name)
it is using the object.lua to get the info, first glance it should be working fine but I will need to spend some time going over the new code to make sure it doesn't actually need an update in there or not.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 am

At first glance it looks ok.

local objectList = CObjectList();
	objectList:update();
That should create a list full of updated object that include names. I wonder if using "pawn.Name" instead would make a difference.

It either just a faulty memory read or a faulty object that might have just disappeared. It would probably help to print more info on the obj.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:01 am

been testing this and it works fine.

Followed by char1
Alarm has been sounded
Followed by char2
Alarm has been sounded
I added lots of prints into object.lua and they were all fine aswell.

printf("Obj Address: 0x%x, Name Address: 0x%X , Name: ",self.Address,namePtr)
print(self.Name)

Obj Address: 0x3185d200, Name Address: 0x30CF5540 , Name: Burnable Corpse
Obj Address: 0x3185e600, Name Address: 0x30CF6600 , Name: Captain Gessart
Obj Address: 0x3185f000, Name Address: 0x312CC5E0 , Name:
Obj Address: 0x33685000, Name Address: 0x32FC7B38 , Name:
Obj Address: 0x33685a00, Name Address: 0x339E8B40 , Name: Alliance Warrior
Obj Address: 0x3368a500, Name Address: 0x300EE1A0 , Name: Kulech Blooddrinker
Obj Address: 0x3368d700, Name Address: 0x335E0850 , Name: Omega Invader
name might be "" sometimes but it isn't "UNKNOWN", very different things.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 am

Yeah I can't explain it expect it is a failed to read memory issue.

objectlist checks for the address before making it a CObject

if( addr ) then
			self.Objects[i] = CObject(addr);
		end
No other code actually makes something a CObject, so address can't be nil.

In object.lua

if( self.Address ~= 0 and self.Address ~= nil ) then self:update(); end
So if address is 0 then it won't do an update and name will remain as "<UNKNOWN>".

Otherwise it goes to the CObject:update() and updates the info via memory.

local namePtr = memoryReadUInt(proc, self.Address + addresses.pawnName_offset);
	printf("Obj Address: 0x%x, Name Address: 0x%X , Name: ",self.Address,namePtr)
--	self.Name = debugAssert(memoryReadString(proc, namePtr), memerrmsg);
	if( namePtr == nil or namePtr == 0 ) then
		tmp = nil;
	else
		tmp = memoryReadString(proc, namePtr);
	end
	if( tmp == nil ) then
		self.Name = "<UNKNOWN>";
--	elseif(self.Type == PT_PLAYER ) then
--		self.Name = tmp;
	else
So if the mem read fails which makes tmp to be nil then and pretty much only then will a CObject actually have name as "<UNKNOWN>"

pawn.lua uses a readrepeat for that address, maybe do the same for object.lua

local namePtr = memoryReadRepeat("uint", getProc(), self.Address + addresses.pawnName_offset);

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 am

Actually pawn has a better address check too. objectlist shouldn't really be adding an object it can't update. Maybe the addr is returning 0 so it passes the check and then doesn't update it. Maybe this would help.

if( addr and addr > 0) then
         self.Objects[i] = CObject(addr);
      end
In pawn it also does a better limit check for the id. So maybe in object:update we could change

if( self.Id == 0 or self.Type == -1 ) then -- invalid object
to

if( self.Id < 1 or self.Id > 999999 or self.Type == -1 ) then -- invalid object

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:07 am

sounds good, add in the readrepeat and I'm sold.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:12 am

commited 746, I wanted to add in my code"" in party.lua anyway.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 am

Cool. Saves me the trouble. Of course we don't know if it fixes the problem yet. So, guys, let us know if rev 746 fixes the "Followed by <UNKNOWN>" messages.

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 am

yeah I didn't have the issue myself and I suspect people only get it after a few hours of botting.
The changes should make it more "foolproof" as such and they didn't affect it in any bad way for the tests I did.

BBot

#14 Post by BBot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:13 am

no lisa i got it just after starting :) was like midnight or so thats why i got suspected thanks for the release i will test it asap

edit:

it still happens Image

i also got it while i was at the res point and ppls were comming there also it happen sometimes with chars that had strange letters like òè and such but after the first beep it readed it i think it could be that

and mostly it happens after pencer when u exit there are few npcs moving meybe them?

Edit again XD

it happen again just now with noone around and when i pulled a shaman yeda

BBot

#15 Post by BBot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 am

bah idk really what to say this time i got it while exiting from town ( after pencer again) and there were no guys and/or mobs and still got it :|

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am

Have you updated to rev 746?

BBot

#17 Post by BBot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am

rock5 wrote:Have you updated to rev 746?
yep

im on macantacht if someone alse can confirm this would be good (and its not really a famous server for having gms :P so idk really..)

im pretty much sure that it happens when it pulls mob (80%) and the rest 20% when i cant really explain it

i just did a new update removed all and in again did 3 runs and was all fine got just a few when pulled mobs but will do more

BBot

#18 Post by BBot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 pm

im starting to think its 745+ update or the micromacro beta ( if its possible coz those are the things i changed yesterday) with the beta 4 and 744 i've been botting for 30m or so and no unknows just names with 745+ i still get it no matters which one is the beta version i think ;)

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 pm

I think we need to know more information about the object to see what's happening. Can you add this print message to gmmonitor after about line 109.

Line 109 is

After that add

table.print(obj)
Let us know what it prints. With 746, obviously.

BBot

#20 Post by BBot » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 am

rock5 wrote:I think we need to know more information about the object to see what's happening. Can you add this print message to gmmonitor after about line 109.

Line 109 is

After that add

table.print(obj)
Let us know what it prints. With 746, obviously.
okey this is what i got from the few tests i made this is on beta4 Image
there were some guys near pancer but still i got names + unknown

this is on beta4 again while exiting from the camp with absolutely no mobs or ppls around Image

and the final one its on beta6 (it didnt aggro any mobs or so but it happen after the hill/jump with again none around

Ps teach me how to post smaller screenshots hehe XD and btw is there any tool for checking the ID what it is? i tried ItemPreview but didnt got anything