*** PATCH 4.0.5 ****

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: *** PATCH 4.0.5 ****

#101 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:06 pm

The reason I asked for the actual error message is because you spelt words wrong so I'm not sure which error message it actually is and there are no line numbers like you get with the actual errors.

I take it you don't know how to copy and paste from micro macro.

Do this to set up for easy copy and pasting.
  • 1. Start micromacro.
    2. right-click the micromacro window title bar and select 'Default'.
    3. Select the 'Options' tab and make sure 'QuickEdit Mode' and 'Insert Mode' are ticked, then click 'OK'.
    4. right-click the micromacro window title bar and select 'Properties.
    5. Repeat step 3.
Micromacro is now set up for easy copy and pasting. This is how it works.

If you select some text with the mouse then right-click in the micromacro window, the text will be copied to the clipboard. You can then paste it somewhere, such as this forum.

If there is nothing selected in the micromacro window then right-clicking will paste whatever is in the clipboard into micro macro.

To do a quick test, select a couple of words in micromacro with the mouse then right click twice. It will copy on the first right click then paste with the second right click.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

vale46

#102 Post by vale46 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:11 am

@rock5

thank you again for your help, I will try this today after work and I hope it will work.
I give you a feedback in few hours!

Greetz from Germany
Vale46

vale46

#103 Post by vale46 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:30 am

Here is my error message:

Welcome to rom bot! press END to
RoM Bot Version 3.29, Revision <UNKNOWN>
The macro is currently not running. Press the start key (ENTF) to begin.
You may use (ENDE) key to stop/pause the script.
Resumed.
!! Notice: !!
The game may have been updated or altered.
It is recommended that you run rom/update.lua

Did not find any crashed game clients.
5:28pm - Error while reading memory address for 'playerAddress'. Game seems to b
e changed!!! Please run 'rom/bot.lua update' AND install the new RoM Bot version!

Please enter the script name to run.
Type in 'exit' (without quotes) to exit.
Script>

rock5

#104 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Strange that it doesn't show any line numbers at all.

Do you have any conflicted files? Have you tried doing a "TortoiseSVN/Revert" on the 'rom' folder?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

vale46

#105 Post by vale46 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm

I havent conflicted files, in the rom folder is everything ok.
but if I make TortoiseSVN/Revert , and then click on "delete unversioned items" there are 3 files !

waypoints/ei.xml
userfunctions/userfunction_teleport(1).lua
profiles/Fange.xml

these file are non - versioned , maybe this caused my error ?

rock5

#106 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 am

Unversioned files just means its not one of the original files of the bot. Your own created profiles will be unversioned. Any waypoint files you create will be unversioned. Any userfunctions you add will be unversioned.

I don't know. You seem to have done everything correctly but it is as if the version of the bot and the version of the game don't match.

I noticed you wrote
rom client 4.0.1 / patch 4.05
Which is it? What does it say in the botton right corner of the launcher?
version.jpg

vale46

#107 Post by vale46 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:18 am

Jap, you are right, Any file I created seems like be a fake and not original. hmm..
My launcher is 4.0.5.2467.en the same you post !

What else I can do, maybe uninstall / install the game ?

lisa

#108 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:33 am

follow instructions in my signature.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

vale46

#109 Post by vale46 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:42 am

Hey lisa,
have follow your instractions on my second pc and the bot runs corretly. thanks for that!
But on my main pc its not working.

rock5

#110 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:43 am

vale46 wrote:Jap, you are right, Any file I created seems like be a fake and not original. hmm..
My launcher is 4.0.5.2467.en the same you post !

What else I can do, maybe uninstall / install the game ?
They are not fake. They are just not part of the rombot SVN repository. If someone downloads rombot, they don't get "Fange.xml" in their profile folder. That's your file, not one of the bot files. Hope that's clearer.

Reinstalling the game seems a bit extream but if you think you didn't install it properly or messed something up then, yes, try reinstalling it.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. If you have game version 4.0.5.2467 and have done a SVN Update on the 'rom' folder. And all your rombot files have green icons next to them (or blue for unversioned files) and no red or yellow icons and your micromacro is version 1.02, it should work.

micromacro can go through minor updates. Maybe you could try redownloading micromancro.

aalberto

#111 Post by aalberto » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:17 am

i have the same problem, but i think the problem is that SVN cant upgrade the file "address" in the folder micomacro/script/rom what can ii do to fix it? i have fixed it upgrading with SVN many times and upgrading with upgrade.lua several times

rock5

#112 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 am

aalberto wrote:i have the same problem, but i think the problem is that SVN cant upgrade the file "address" in the folder micomacro/script/rom what can ii do to fix it? i have fixed it upgrading with SVN many times and upgrading with upgrade.lua several times
I'm assuming that you posted here because you are trying to get the bot working with an older version of the game. First of all, what version of the game are you using exactly?

Let me see if I can explain how it works. TortoiseSVN updates the bot but it doesn't just overwrite the files, it merges the changes to the current files. If the files are exactly the same as the currently installed bot then they will have green icons next to them. If you change a file the icon becomes red. This shouldn't be a problem as long as you didn't make any mistakes when editing the file. When Tortoise SVN updates an edited file, as long as the changes you made don't conflict with the changes TortoiseSVN is trying to make, you will have no conflicts and the icon will remain red (because your edits are still there). If TortoiseSVN tries to merge changes on lines you edited you will get a conflict (yellow icon) which you have to resolve. The easiest way is to note the changes you made and 'revert' the file and then reapply your changes. So if you haven't edited any files yourself and some of the files have red or yellow icons, right click the 'rom' folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert" and revert the files to their original state. That will turn all thier icons green.

Now 'update.lua' doesn't update the bot, it just updates the addresses in "addresses.lua" using patterns to find the addresses in memory. The idea is if a patch changes the addresses a little, update.lua might be able to find all the correct addresses for the new patch without the need for us to update the bot via SVN. Quite often, though, update.lua doesn't work and needs to be updated. Of course if update.lua changes any of the addresses in addresses.lua then the icon will become red.

So to get the bot working with your version of the game you need to get the version of the bot where the addresses in addresses.lua matches the game or update.lua work with that version and is able to get the addresses from memory.

So if you tell us exactly what version of the game you are using we should be able to tell you which version of the bot to use.

Sorry for the long winded reply, I do that sometimes.

wsciekly

#113 Post by wsciekly » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:01 am

2015-12-19 10:58:50 - The 'ingamefunctions' folder, in the games 'interface/addo
ns' folder, is out of date. Current version is 11, you have 5. To update, right-
click the 'interface/addons/ingamefunctions' folder and select 'SVN Update' or c
opy the 'ingamefunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the games 'interface/add
ons' folder. Then restart the game.

What shoould i do??

BlubBlab

#114 Post by BlubBlab » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:32 am

Update your rombot and do exactly like it says
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

wsciekly

#115 Post by wsciekly » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:52 am

meaby u have some .zip with updated rombot??