Time counter in minigame

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kircinek

Time counter in minigame

#1 Post by kircinek » Sun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

today i make in bot minigames in 3 acounts and i get error in one bot

I cant restart bot i no see counter time minigame (survival)

i manual end minigame but my times end is very long but sucsesfull get Phirus ( i thing make it 20 or more minuts)

that i thing timer in minigeme is local side not in server side

meeybe need chceck memory game for timer minigame and freeze it

sorry my lang :P

rock5

Re: Time counter in minigame

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:41 am

kircinek wrote:today i make in bot minigames in 3 acounts and i get error in one bot
What error?
kircinek wrote:I cant restart bot
Why can't you restart the bot?
kircinek wrote: i no see counter time minigame (survival)

i manual end minigame but my times end is very long but sucsesfull get Phirus ( i thing make it 20 or more minuts)
Sounds like it just bugged. I can't do much about that.
kircinek wrote:that i thing timer in minigeme is local side not in server side

meeybe need chceck memory game for timer minigame and freeze it
Interresting idea. There is not any real need for it as the bot should be able to easily finish the game on time with a properly leveled and geared character but it might be worth looking into. Should be easy enough to test.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:15 am

Well the survival script gets the timer value by getting "TimeKeeperFrame.startTime". I added to that value and the countdown timer did change but it still ended at the correct time. I don't really want to put more effort into this as it's not really important.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kircinek

#4 Post by kircinek » Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 am

What error?
i not read only know stop script
Why can't you restart the bot?
Bot kill all enemy and i cant restart it. character go to entrance room and stop (i try 3 times)
Sounds like it just bugged. I can't do much about that.
Yes meybe server overloaded and it was a one-time

but i end this game after end time and get rewards

jduartedj

#5 Post by jduartedj » Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 am

Maybe the timer hack is not important for the SURVIVAL game , but what about the the treasure hunt?? and the goblin run?? and any other timer based instance?? I think it's work while to look into, major hacks might be obtained by this.
A little off topic but This makes me think that maybe there are a lot 'Local' resources that could be explored for instances and such that we might not be aware. Maybe make a map of what the 'local' memory is or just try/fail to change some specific ones... just a thought.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 am

The reason I say "it's not really important" is because the minigames (well the ones I do anyway, AT, cot and survival) are easily finished in the time alloted. So there's not any need to extend the time. Maybe it would be useful with goblins but I don't do that.

So, if someone does goblins and wants to extend the time, they can look into it. I'm not convinced it's possible though.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Tue May 22, 2012 5:29 am

You can probably change what you see client side, just like HP but the end result will be the same, the sever holds the real info and when time is up it will just boot you out.

I used to bot goblins and always had plenty of time left, I don't see a need to freeze the timer even if it was possible.
You can fly over doors or you can change model so you can just walk through them, some have even talked about going up through the roof and back down inside the final "room".
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

jduartedj

#8 Post by jduartedj » Tue May 22, 2012 5:41 am

Ok then I resign on the timers issue, but I still think all other local hacks may be useful.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Tue May 22, 2012 5:51 am

There are userfunctions for fly and speed hacks, what else would you like?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:31 am

I nearly made use of the wall hack once. There is a daily I do where 2 node are up a hill. It would get the first one but abort just after starting to collect the second one. I thought it was because it slipped a bit and you know how it fails to collect if it slips just before you harvest. I hoped that the wall hack would stop it from slipping so fix the problem. Didn't work. I ended up fixing it another way.

I'm not for using the wall hack to get to places you couldn't normally get but it might be useful in waypoints where you might slip down a hill. In fact I have just a waypoint where it slips down a hill sometimes and fails to get back up. I think I'll try it. Of course I'll have to re-find the wall hack address. :(

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Tue May 22, 2012 6:41 am

This might help.
wallhack 4.jpg
Actually this will help more, current version lol
Took me literally 15 seconds to find it ;)
wall22512.png
Ok little egg on face, not current version as I haven't even updated RoM in about a month.
Hope it helps anyway.
Search for command

Code: Select all

COMISS XMM0,XMM2
wall22512.jpg
K patched RoM now, looks like this

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:50 am

Cool, saves me the trouble. Thanks. I'm a bit busy with the item class at the moment so who knows how long it would have been before I looked it up. :)