Bot errors

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
masstic1es

Bot errors

#1 Post by masstic1es » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:42 am

I recently did an svn update to most recent bot commit (bot 329 revision 772) , and since then it seems I've been crashing and erroring out on the bot more often.

is there error in my scripts? or am I just that lucky? Seems to happen on all of my daily quest scripts (big and small chars, different quest locations)

Also not sure if this is connected, but my clients have been crashing more often than not as well
Attachments
mm_3.png
mm_2.png
mm_1.png

lisa

Re: Bot errors

#2 Post by lisa » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:10 am

In your other topic I asked about what version of game your server uses.

Really not sure what to say.

Second pic is saying that RoMScript("GetNumQuest(3)") is returning something other than a number, this is in the completequestbyname function. Even if you have no quests it still returns 0 as a number, so for it to not return a number is beyond weird.

Code: Select all

Command> print(RoMScript("GetNumQuest(3)"))
Command> print(type(RoMScript("GetNumQuest(3)")))
number
So yeah again I'll ask if you are playing on a server that has the latest game or if the server uses an older game version.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

masstic1es

#3 Post by masstic1es » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:01 pm

lisa wrote:In your other topic I asked about what version of game your server uses.
I think you may have me confused with someone else? :?
lisa wrote:So yeah again I'll ask if you are playing on a server that has the latest game or if the server uses an older game version.
I play on one of the "official" servers. version 6.0.6.2689

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Yeah I was thinking of another person.

Only thing that really comes to mind is the last game patch has corrupted your game itself.
Have you got another PC with the game on it or maybe 2 lots of the game on 1 PC which could rule out that as an issue?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

masstic1es

#5 Post by masstic1es » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 pm

for the errors or the crashing? Or both? and yeah, I can test on multiple machines.

Lamkefyned

#6 Post by Lamkefyned » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:09 pm

My script also gives lower error. Ambolia´s Graffu farm

-------------------------------------------------------------

and I could not communicate because it burns before the pc
If you think something is right just because everyone else believes,you're not thinking.

Ego95

#7 Post by Ego95 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:35 pm

I am nearly unable to do anything with the bot since the last revision too. Every script crashes with different errors. Scripts, which didn't crash before. The lower error while leveling weapon, different errors when completing quests. Loginnextchar userfunction errors sometimes when relogging, which it never did. The ingamefunction addon is not installed or, the test macro didn't work (both errors). I should start writing down all errors, or just use the old revision :D

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Ego95 wrote:I am nearly unable to do anything with the bot since the last revision too.
So was it definitely since the last bot revision? Not since the last client update?
Ego95 wrote:or just use the old revision
Actually that's not a bad idea. If it resolves your issues then that would definitely confirm there is a problem with the changes made and not something else.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Ego95

#9 Post by Ego95 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:27 am

rock5 wrote:
Ego95 wrote:I am nearly unable to do anything with the bot since the last revision too.
So was it definitely since the last bot revision? Not since the last client update?
Ego95 wrote:or just use the old revision
Actually that's not a bad idea. If it resolves your issues then that would definitely confirm there is a problem with the changes made and not something else.
Yeah it's always hard to say, because for some people it works fine, but I am reading some other posts where people get errors. My bot also runs, but not as reliable as it did earlier, which is because I get many errors. For some reason I am not able to revert to an older version, because it doesn't show me an older version :/

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 am

go
TorsiouseSVN --> Update to Revision
then
Tick Revision and to the right in white box put in the number, 771

Ego95

#11 Post by Ego95 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:21 am

Yes that did it :) Tested it the last days and it doesn't crash anymore .

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Ok then I'll look over the changes from 771 to 772 and see if I can find something. I don't hold much hope though. There are a lot of changes. What do you do that causes the most errors? Maybe I could reproduce the error. If I can, it will be that much easier for me to find the problem.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Ego95

#13 Post by Ego95 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:51 pm

It's hard to say, because mostly, when there is an error I read it, try to find anything about it and if I don't find anything I'll just think it was a problem of rom itself.
Additionally it is totally random when it errores :/

Maybe you can try following things:

1.At first I noticed the crashes when doing that daily on elven island where you have to run to the waterfall to collect something. I did this which 3 accounts.
If I remember correctly on the first account the bot crashed right after starting when accepting the quest. I believe they all crashed when accepting or completing a quest but on the other accounts it happened at the 4th or 5th alt. Maybe if you can, just run two or three accounts through that daily.

2. The next thing, where I noticed crashes was when leveling up the weapon ability. A script, which normally worked for up to 24 hours (didn't test it longer) always crashes with the new revision.
I used this script: http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 098#p52098

Sometimes is crashed after 10 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours. I think I got the error mentioned in the first post. (http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/download/ ... &mode=view)

3. In generall I noticed crashes when using your LoginNextChar userfunction right after logging in. I got the message, that the communication with the game did not work (http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/download/ ... &mode=view) or I got the message that the ingamefunctions addon is not installed.

Sorry, that I cannot give you any further information right now. Like I said above it's really hard to find out because the errors happen randomly.

Ego95

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:58 pm

The first thing I'll try is the elf dailies. They are easy enough yo do. To be sure it's not something wrong with the way you do things, could you send me your version and I'll use that.

BTW in another post with a similar issue, it was fixed by reverting to version 771. You might want to try that. Just use "Update to revision".

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 am

It was just brought to my attention that I never officially updated the login and loginnextchar userfunctions to the version I'm using. I've updated them now so see if they help with you relog errors.

Ego95

#16 Post by Ego95 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:04 pm

Okay, I did update the userfunctions :) Didn't test them with the new revision yet.

I will add the elf daily script which I've downloaded as it is here on solarstrike. There should be nothing wrong in itm because it worked for about one year. Maybe there are a few things to improve. You just have to use your account number and your secondary password :)

Ego95
ElfDaily.xml
(4.14 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:53 pm

I also changed the itemshop guid. Updated gmmonitor because I don't usually use it. Which brings me to the question, what gmmmonitor options do you use as in profile options? It could be relevant because gmmonitor can be the cause of issues because it uses a timed event. I've never used searchGMList. I'm assuming you are using gmmonitor 7.7a? Have you changed any of the default settings at the top of the file?

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:43 pm

If you think a timer event is the issue during a yrest then use rest instead as it doesn't yield and the timer event code isn't done during the rest.

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:55 am

I know. That's why I previously said it shouldn't cause a problem because waitForLoadingScreen and related functions don't yield. But we don't know what the problem is so I'm just trying to cover all bases, just in case.

Ego95

#20 Post by Ego95 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:00 am

rock5 wrote:I also changed the itemshop guid. Updated gmmonitor because I don't usually use it. Which brings me to the question, what gmmmonitor options do you use as in profile options? It could be relevant because gmmonitor can be the cause of issues because it uses a timed event. I've never used searchGMList. I'm assuming you are using gmmonitor 7.7a? Have you changed any of the default settings at the top of the file?

I am using v7.8c. Because I am playing on an official server I just turned up the gmMinLevel value to 86
userfunction_gmmonitor.lua
v7.8c by BlubBlab
(19.43 KiB) Downloaded 104 times