Coordinates

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Drake430

Coordinates

#1 Post by Drake430 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:39 am

So just went through making a waypoint file, got all of my coordinates and then ran it...and found out they were the wrong coordinates due to me using the ones below the mini map...Where do i get the coordinates that I need to use?

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Coordinates

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:44 am

Why are you not using rom/createpath.lua to create your waypoints?

Drake430

#3 Post by Drake430 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:26 pm

I was, but when i viewed the file there were no coordinates shown so I thought I needed to use my own. Are they already there or something?

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:34 pm

The coordinates are added by createpath.lua automatically.

Drake430

#5 Post by Drake430 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Oh well that makes it alot easier then lol. Thank you.

Germangold

#6 Post by Germangold » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:09 pm

hi admin :)
is there a possibility to create an external addon to overlay those waypoint files over a graphical map of the corresponding area?

jduartedj

#7 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Germangold wrote:hi admin :)
is there a possibility to create an external addon to overlay those waypoint files over a graphical map of the corresponding area?
If you can create a function that gets the area map from RoM folder and place the dots in the right place.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

Douky

#8 Post by Douky » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:59 pm

how can i convert rom coordinates into rombot coordinates. I'm writing an programm to draw my waypoints on a map. i need to know where the 0 x 0 z cords for the rombot on the map are.
Merry Xmas!

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Douky wrote:how can i convert rom coordinates into rombot coordinates. I'm writing an programm to draw my waypoints on a map. i need to know where the 0 x 0 z cords for the rombot on the map are.
I created a function awhile back. I did a search, here it is,
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 897#p10897
It converts rombot coords to rom world coords. Does that help?

I think, though, the new and old continent have overlapping coordinates. This function was for the old map. i don't think it works for the new continent. Which means you would need to know which continent you want to convert for and use different values.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#10 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Are YGather coordinates the same as the minimap coordinates??

I wonder if it would be plausible to do a function (a .xml WP) that takes YGather information and just goes around the ygather points gathering.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 pm

ygather coords look like this

Code: Select all

[1] = {
			[3001] = {
				[1] = {
					[1] = 531.39,
					[2] = 492.23,
					[3] = 266575.65625,
				[2] = {
					[1] = 457.63,
					[2] = 710.51,
					[3] = 266980.875,
out of that is which map, exact resource type and coords.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

deveyus

#12 Post by deveyus » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Follow that with TSP/ACO with clustering equal to the radius, and a moderate granularity blacklisting system for collision avoidance and you have everything you need to turn yGather data into working profiles.
Here is the edit that has the data regarding such.

This WoW addon represents doing the calculations for TSP/ACO with clustering in Lua. It also demonstrates Taboo regions which would be important for helping us set up areas we don't want the bot to venture into.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... outes.html

For a blacklisting system, we change the current 'unstick' procedure to take the current point the bot is at and create a square bounding box representing the area 5 or so units ahead of itself. (Ideally this will be inside of the object we got stuck on.) The when the bot goes to go to the next waypoint it uses the following link to check if it intersects any of the edges of the blacklist bounding box, if so, it dynamically creates a waypoint at the nearest safe spot to the point of intersection in an attempt to path around it. These new values should most likely be hashed to a table to prevent having to recalculate them each time.

For finding if the line segment between where you are and where you are going intersects with a blacklisted zone:
http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/53254.html

It may also be a good idea to be able to output a new version of the file after the bot had completed a full circuit representing the blacklisted areas being corrected for.

jduartedj

#13 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:23 am

WOW this seems a big project to take on after all but at least There is a lot of info / work done on it.

deveyus

#14 Post by deveyus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:05 am

jduartedj wrote:WOW this seems a big project to take on after all but at least There is a lot of info / work done on it.
Somewhat, yes, but I basically gave a blueprint with all the conceptual information needed, it should be adaptable by those who know the bot. I'm not there yet,I'm still studying .. there's a lot of code making up our precious little bot.