Faster Cast on Ice Blades?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
CrazyGuy

Faster Cast on Ice Blades?

#1 Post by CrazyGuy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 am

Is there anything i can do to make Ice Blades cast faster? It has the potential to be a spam skill yet there is still a delay between casting it.

silinky

Re: Faster Cast on Ice Blades?

#2 Post by silinky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm

fortunately you cannot. it is an instant cast, so it is affected by cooldown.

zeljomir

#3 Post by zeljomir » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 pm

i hera its gona get cd soon... 4sec cd in iceblade.. soo loking for this one

Budzer

#4 Post by Budzer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Well it should have GCD, but sometimes DK why it is not affected. Some time ago I've read that GCD was implemented on client side - have no idea if it's true, but if so than it is possible...... After all using DIYCE I was able to cast ice blade up to 3-4 times every sec quiet often. I can't reproduce it every time, but still.... Probably reproducing this would made P/S best PvE DPS additionaly with healing ability.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Ice blade used to be awesome but then they introduced the global cooldown on it, if you are spamming the attack key non stop it might seem like you get in more attacks than you should but unless the mob is dieing faster than it should then in reality you are still getting that 1 attack per second.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kuripot

#6 Post by kuripot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 pm

CrazyGuy wrote:Is there anything i can do to make Ice Blades cast faster? It has the potential to be a spam skill yet there is still a delay between casting it.

try this.. it will cast as soon it possible

Code: Select all

<onSkillCast><![CDATA[
		if( arg1.Name == "PRIEST_ICE_BLADE" ) then
			player:cast("PRIEST_ICE_BLADE");
			player:update()
			end
			end
			end
			end
			end
			end
	]]></onSkillCast>

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Improving the speed of casting is an ongoing process. I've made some improvements in the big update I'm doing but it hasn't changed that much. I intend to do more in the future with actual spamming of buttons so you can look forward to that.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Budzer

#8 Post by Budzer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:25 am

Well actually P/S can use IB more often than 1/s. As mentioned in my post before. I can see it both in time of killing mob (or rather bosses mobs are usually 1 hit) and scrutinizer, so I have miss-feeling about it and my addon works wrong or it is the fact.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 am

the skill itself is instant cast with no cooldown, they did implement a "global cooldown" though which is 1 second, so no matter what any skill has a cooldown of atleast 1 second.
I used to thoroughly enjoy spamming it in siege and absolutely destroying the enemy, but those days are gone now it has a cooldown (GCD).
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 am

Global cooldown can be undercut. But it's possible it's not sustainable. Maybe on average, it comes to about 1 per second. I haven't tested it though. It does seem though that I can cast it faster than the bot.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Budzer

#11 Post by Budzer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Well you can easily cast fare more often than once per second. A friend of mine is casting IB avg close to 2/s... 3-4 hits each one s after another, and then boom 3-5hits in 0,1s?

So yes they have implemented GCD, but it is bugged and if what I've heard is true clientside, so probably could be somehow bypassed.