login next char and profile

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

login next char and profile

#1 Post by lisa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:46 pm

I use login next char quite a lot and I've noticed that the range check gets messed up.

If you go from melee char to ranged char it still has range as 50, it doesn't change higher.

---
if you go from ranged to melee then it does reduce down to 50 but

For some reason it also stops before it gets to the 50

Code: Select all

Moving in | Suggested range: 50 | Distance: 129
Moving in | Suggested range: 50 | Distance: 69
I have this 60-69 for every mob.

---
Warriors seem to need the normal attack skill added to profile skill, they don't seem to attack unless they have the rage for an attack.
---

Probably some more issues I will remember and add later.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

Re: login next char and profile

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:10 am

lisa wrote:1.
If you go from melee char to ranged char it still has range as 50, it doesn't change higher.

---
if you go from ranged to melee then it does reduce down to 50 but
I figured this one out. When you first load the profile and you have COMBAT_TYPE set to "" it changes it to suite the class. When you change class, it sees that COMBAT_TYPE has a value and assumes that's your setting from the profile so doesn't change it. So from from ranged to melee it changes the range because your skills are melee but from melee to ranged it stays melee because it doesn't change the COMBAT_TYPE. I think what we need to do is save the original value when first loading the profile. Easy enough to do I think.

Also, note that the changes I did for changing class may not work when changing player. If you change class it detects the change in class and reloads the skills and sets up the macros and checks the skills ranges. If you change character with the same class it wont notice, for instance the macro being in the wrong place. So you should go through the reinitalization and loading the profile when changing characters. Or maybe we just need to run settings.loadSkillSet(class). Hm... Maybe that should be added to cot_tele.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Mushroomstamp

#3 Post by Mushroomstamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:37 pm

lisa wrote:3.
Warriors seem to need the normal attack skill added to profile skill, they don't seem to attack unless they have the rage for an attack.
I've always thought it was something to do with the minimum distance requirement of surprise attack when combat is set to ranged, or ranged pull is true.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Mushroomstamp wrote:
lisa wrote:3.
I've always thought it was something to do with the minimum distance requirement of surprise attack when combat is set to ranged, or ranged pull is true.
It could be an issue from 2.
So when we fix the COMBAT_TYPE rock mentioned it may also fix this too. I dont have surprise attack in my warr skills.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Using this in WP onload and it solved all those issues. Obviously just a tempt thing though.

Code: Select all

if player.Class1 == 1 or player.Class1 == 3 or player.Class1 == 6 or player.Class1 == 7 then
		settings.profile.options.COMBAT_TYPE = "melee"
		settings.profile.options.COMBAT_DISTANCE = 50
		settings.profile.options.COMBAT_RANGED_PULL = "false"
	else
		settings.profile.options.COMBAT_TYPE = "ranged"
		settings.profile.options.COMBAT_DISTANCE = 120
		settings.profile.options.COMBAT_RANGED_PULL = "true"
	end
I don't think the COMBAT_RANGED_PULL = "true" after the else does anything but I just added it anyway lol

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 am

So what your basically saying with that is all your problems stem from the class type being wrong, just like I said. :) I'll try a fix and get back to you.

See if this works.
settings.lua
(45.87 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
All 3 values change so I had to "remember" all 3 but now it should set them as if loading the profile for the first time.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 am

Cool i'll give it a go tomorrow, hmm I should prob update to latest revision then lol

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:06 pm

run through maybe 5 character changes and it's worked each time so far.
i'll keep testing it but it looks pretty good atm =)

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Changes applied to rev 641. Slightly differently as it broke createpath, getpos and getid. Hopefully it still works properly.