Pathing in Miller's Ranch - sticking abounds

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
grande

Re: Pathing in Miller's Ranch - sticking abounds

#21 Post by grande » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:40 pm

slow and steady wins the race? I think perhaps keeping the runspeed at the normal speed may be advantageous.

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:25 am

grande wrote:slow and steady wins the race? I think perhaps keeping the runspeed at the normal speed may be advantageous.
Actually that's a good point. The success distance now uses your speed. So at normal speed, it conciders a waypoint reached if within 30 of the waypoint. At double speed that increases to 60. So it becomes less accurate.

Hm... interesting. I haven't tested it at double speed for awhile and to tell you the truth I'm scared to on this server. Just keep this in mind when setting the speed.

To tell you the truth, if you are going to use a hack, might as well use teleport. If worried about getting caught botting, don't use either.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

bobdole

#23 Post by bobdole » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:14 am

I have made a model file that removes everything in the farm and it did not help reduce CPU use. It may even hurt the bots as even with all the models removed you still can not walk trough them and the bots get stuck even more often. As far as the speed goes, I have tested very slow and very fast and it does appear to be an issue. Are people still using the teleport function (I am)?

bobdole

#24 Post by bobdole » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 am

Another thing I want to point out which I made mention to in the other Miller's Ranch thread is I was having big problems with just walking from the entrance NPC to the farming area, so I manualy added about 8 waypoints and that has helped a great deal with getting to that area. I have always wondered if the script could work better in a lag environment with additional waypoints?

lisa

#25 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:35 am

I am back playing around in millers, purely to test models and such.

Lately I have completely removed every model, every motion and every texture in game (not just millers)

client.exe mem usage is 50-100mb, was 770mb.
client.exe cpu usage dropped less than half it was previously.

Testing it on an old machine to get a better picture of difference.

It is set to use both speed and teleport.
Ran it flawlessly with 3 accounts botting same PC for about 8 hours, no stuck hens or eggs.
Averaged golden/hour 3.1, 2.8 and 5.2

PC Specs
WinXP service pack3
1gig ram
Intel Core2 2.05GHz
ATI Radeon HD 3450

It is around 5 or 6 years old.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:38 am

bobdole wrote:so I manualy added about 8 waypoints and that has helped a great deal with getting to that area
I can't understand why but it does seem there is a slight difference in coords between some people. Not sure if it server related or not.

It might be a good idea for people to go into millers themselves and use rom/getpos to get the coords which would work better for themselves and just edit Rock's miller WP?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

bobdole

#27 Post by bobdole » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 am

I am currently running a lot more then 3 so I expect the lag spikes, what I have found is my re-logging script starts problems for the bots as re-logging appears to spike the CPU/MEM and causes the other bots to go off course and get stuck. I wonder if I can remove all the loading screens and reduce the resources used during the re-logging period?

lisa

#28 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 am

bobdole wrote:what I have found is my re-logging script starts problems for the bots as re-logging appears to spike the CPU/MEM
Yes it sure does, mem usage for every client ALWAYS starts more then 500mb regardless of whether you have removed models or motions or anything else, after it sits there or you use a programme to clean memory then it drops.

So relogging regularly will deffinately cause spikes in your PC resources and this will affect every other client you have running. Not sure there is a solution to your problem if you want to keep relogging, well except use less clients lol

--=== coords ===--

On the coords subject if people want to test it out then just use

Code: Select all

rom/bot path:commandline
and then copy/paste this code while you are near jenna miller(chicken quest NPC)

Code: Select all

npcname = RoMScript("TEXT('Sys114930_name')")
jenna = player:findNearestNameOrId(npcname)
if jenna then print("X="..jenna.X.." Z="..jenna.Z) end
It should print her exact location to your MM window.

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 am

lisa wrote:So relogging regularly will deffinately cause spikes in your PC resources and this will affect every other client you have running. Not sure there is a solution to your problem if you want to keep relogging, well except use less clients lol
Which is why I never added a relogging feature.
lisa wrote:I can't understand why but it does seem there is a slight difference in coords between some people. Not sure if it server related or not.
I find this hard to believe. I wouldn't be surprised if the problem turns out to be something else, such as maybe using a WAYPOINT_DEVIATION other than 0 for example.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

bobdole

#30 Post by bobdole » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:32 am

lisa wrote:Lately I have completely removed every model, every motion and every texture in game (not just millers)
Did you create a batch file to zero file all the files and parent folders? I would love to get a copy of that please.

bobdole

#31 Post by bobdole » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 am

NM, I got it.

bobdole

#32 Post by bobdole » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:05 pm

How are you extracting the textures? I get an error.

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:52 pm

bobdole wrote:How are you extracting the textures? I get an error.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2582

Edit: Oops I think I know what you mean. Some files can just be renamed so they dont get loaded. Thats what I do for bottting. What I do is I have 2 folders. One for botting and one for normal play. And I use scripts to rename them as well as the other fdbs.

Here are my 2 scripts.

What you do is set up a model folder for normal play and another for botting and call it modelbot.
Attachments
Start Client scripts.zip
(842 Bytes) Downloaded 102 times

bobdole

#34 Post by bobdole » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:04 am

The fdb extractor I use wont work on the textures.

ezio97

#35 Post by ezio97 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 am

This used to happen to me a lot, even when I only had 2 clients running. It would teleport to the henhouse and try to get the eggs, basically say all eggs are stuck (even when there was still 1 empty spot) and teleport to the waypoint a little bit in front of the henhouse and sleep there. Then I would manually continue the script, and it would teleport in front of the henhouse, say all eggs are stuck, teleport back to the waypoint a bit in front of the henhouse, then sleep there. I did try running it while I slept for 7 hours last night, and from what I can see, it did not get stuck at all (I had 50 golden eggs in my inventory, only 1 golden egg stuck in 1 slot in the henhouse). I was running only 1 client.