Learning how to ride this bike again

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Wundervice

Learning how to ride this bike again

#1 Post by Wundervice » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:13 am

As in, it's been a very long time since I came around here and used MM. So I could use some help with these foreign errors I keep getting :/

- First off, I am on a PRIVATE server and on a 64-bit system. I feel like that's important to know.
- Got the directories set up properly, but I am currently stuck on this error: pawn.lua:235: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Address' ( a nil value)
- Lastly, that comes after i fix the above problem X]

Line 235? ---> tmp = memoryReadRepeat("byte", proc, self.Address + addresses.charAlive_offset);

lisa

Re: Learning how to ride this bike again

#2 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:50 am

Wundervice wrote:First off, I am on a PRIVATE server
very very very important information, every version of the client has the addresses in different places.

You are going to need to find out what version of the game the server uses.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Wundervice

#3 Post by Wundervice » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:05 am

[Current Version]
Version=4.0.6.2483.en
UpdateFile=2.0.0.400.zip

[Pren Version]
Version=4.0.2.2436.en
[Begin Version]
Version=4.0.2.2436.en

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:47 am

In that case just follow directions in my signature and it will probably be ok, I can't say if the private server has a different client.exe to public servers though.

Add another step though after it.

Code: Select all

rom/update

even if the addresses are different update.lua might pick them up, can't say for sure.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Wundervice

#5 Post by Wundervice » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:54 am

The changes don't seem to stick. I'll re-download the whole damn thing and see if that doesn't get it working. I'll be very very downtrodden if this doesn't work XD

EDIT: Well it's working up to the ingamefunctions hang-up. I did update RoM's folder with the devtools so not sure what else to do from here... I don't remember this problem ever coming up before when I had to manually add the macro.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:56 am

Did you restart the game after copying the ingamefunctions folder?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Wundervice

#7 Post by Wundervice » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:57 am

Nope >_> Doing so now lol. Btw how ya been the past 1.5 years rock?

EDIT: All systems go. Thank you Rock for reminding me about Ockham's razor and Lisa for the clarification!

Tamyra

#8 Post by Tamyra » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Okay I did everything this thread said to do, followed all the steps in Lisa's sig and still got stuck at the ingamefunctions test.
Attachments
update.JPG

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 pm

It didn't get stuck at ingamefunctions. It continued after it. Actually I don't see any error messages there at all. Is that the point at which it gets stuck? If it gets stuck, why do you keep pausing?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Tamyra

#10 Post by Tamyra » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 am

It got stuck there, as in the character did nothing, didn't move around didn't do anything. Got stuck on the test, so I was trying to jump start it by stopping the test then re-start it.... which on a side note shows how little I know or remember about the functions of this program. Also I want to add that I tried to do an SVN update then a revert on everything and now get a:

Error: Can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\micromacro\micromacro\rom\.svn\lock':

Should I just backup waypoints and profiles and do a whole new install of rombot, micromacro and SVN? If so is there a way in AVG and zone alarm to make the lua51.dll not show up as a trojan when I download/re-install?

Also, I have been able in the past to run micromacro from a flash/thumb drive. So that I can make it portable to any computer with an installation of RoM. I'd need to make lua51.dll McAffee/Norton friendly too.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:42 am

If you have an svn file issue it may be because you copied it from a computer that has a different version of svn. Probably the best solution is to start from scratch. Back up your profiles, waypoints and userfunctions folder then delete the rom folder, recreate it. Then follow the svn instructions to reinstall it here
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... structions
Then copy your files back over. Make sure you don't overwrite the hidden "svn" folders. Just copy the files, not the folders.

I have no experience running from a flash drive but none of the files require installation so just copying the micromacro folder over should work. Keeping it up to date though would require a computer with TortoiseSVN installed.

Tamyra

#12 Post by Tamyra » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Okay so I did a whole new download of SVN, rombot and micromacro and as suspected the lua51.dll was deleted by McAfee. Found it in the quarantine tho and was able to choose to restore it. However, I tried to run a "Script> rom/update.lua" and this is what I got. As you can see, the paths for the folders are correct, and lit up with pretty green check marks due to my SVN update/revert. The game is also open in the background...but....yeah I have no idea. Did I forget something?

Before you ask, yes the ingamefunctions folder is inside the interface/addons folder. Put it there after the update/revert.
Attachments
Noidea.JPG

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:47 pm

There has just been a patch. Have you updated your game and rombot?

Game version is 4.0.7.2482
Rombot revision is 692.

Tamyra

#14 Post by Tamyra » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Yes and Yes. Both are updated.

Tamyra

#15 Post by Tamyra » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Sorry for replying to my own post, but I'm almost positive I forgot something somewhere so I am going to start over from scratch and just add one profile and one waypoint after it's all set up and working to test with before adding more profiles and waypoints. Only problem is the only way I was able to do this last time I got the bot up and working was with the step by step(noob guide) instructions on which folders to put where and in what order etc.... Cannot find the guide anymore, if someone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Edit:
Attachments
error.JPG

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm

I've never seen that error before.

The instructions are in the main "ROM bot" thread at the top of the "Runes of Magic" board.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=21&t=163