Needing a starting point for creating a script

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
AngelDrago

Needing a starting point for creating a script

#1 Post by AngelDrago » Sun May 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I spend a lot of time to learn how to get rom to work and now i would like to create a script that alowes me to wonder around and kill and loot everything so i can level up some more faster as i have been killed now several times by other players :oops: so i would like to return the favor :twisted:

I have tried the wander but it only alowes me to run around but not kill anything and RBAssist is asking me for a triggerKEY that i have not placed i don't even now where to start to be earnest. So if you have some time and could give a very very novices some advice that would be great.

Thank you

Questionmark

Re: Needing a starting point for creating a script

#2 Post by Questionmark » Sun May 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Somewhere in your profile file, you'll find this piece of code.

Code: Select all

<hotkeys>
    	<!-- to communicate with the RoM API / define ingame dummy macro at place 1 -->
		<hotkey name="MACRO"        modifier="" key="VK_0" />
	</hotkeys>
VK_0 means that the RBAssist is placed in that slot. Just keep that slot open and when using rombot, you'll see that the RBAssist macro is being added to that slot. You can change the "0" if you want the macro into another slot.

The keys for making a waypoint are shown when running "rom/createpath.lua". You'll see that the bot is using the numers on your numpad. 1 is for adding a waypoint, 2 for a harvestpint, etc. Just play around and you'll figure it out. Also look at waypointfiles from others, you can learn from that.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Questionmark wrote:VK_0 means that the RBAssist is placed in that slot. Just keep that slot open and when using rombot, you'll see that the RBAssist macro is being added to that slot. You can change the "0" if you want the macro into another slot.
RBAssist.xml has nothing to do with the bots command macro which is what you are talking about. RBAssist.xml is a waypoint file you run that auto attacks and loots monsters when you manually target them and keeps you healed and buffed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun May 08, 2011 8:23 pm

AngelDrago wrote:I spend a lot of time to learn how to get rom to work and now i would like to create a script that alowes me to wonder around and kill and loot everything so i can level up some more faster as i have been killed now several times by other players :oops: so i would like to return the favor :twisted:

I have tried the wander but it only alowes me to run around but not kill anything and RBAssist is asking me for a triggerKEY that i have not placed i don't even now where to start to be earnest. So if you have some time and could give a very very novices some advice that would be great.

Thank you
I believe shift is the trigger key, try using rbassist and pressing shift.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

By default RBAssist is in auto attack mode and the 'Shift' key turns it on and off but it starts 'on'. So all you need to do is start RBAssist and then target something and away it goes.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

AngelDrago

#6 Post by AngelDrago » Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm

THank you everyone this help a lot i really appriciated the help