Pet crafting issue at max level

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Alkaiser

Pet crafting issue at max level

#1 Post by Alkaiser » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:43 pm

When pet crafting reaches max level the default material is set to the lowest. In my case, Ash Wood. I tried setting the craft level manually in my profile, but it still produced Ash.

rock5

Re: Pet crafting issue at max level

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:19 am

Alkaiser wrote:When pet crafting reaches max level the default material is set to the lowest. In my case, Ash Wood. I tried setting the craft level manually in my profile, but it still produced Ash.
Fixed in rev 556.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Alkaiser

#3 Post by Alkaiser » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:26 am

Great! Thanks!

svh1

#4 Post by svh1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Wow you have it maxed.
I'm currently at lvl 40, till 38 was a pain but now it goes a bit faster again.
It takes lots of days to max it if bot is running 24/7 from then?

svh1

#5 Post by svh1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 pm

wrong post :o delete pls

svh1

#6 Post by svh1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Thats an idea yeah.
Maybe you gotta filter the special, more expensive ones... so you can cover the costs with them, selling at AH.

Edit: is there something wrong with the forum? I posted this one as last.. but it get's in middle of thread :o

Alkaiser

#7 Post by Alkaiser » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 pm

svh1 wrote:Wow you have it maxed.
I'm currently at lvl 40, till 38 was a pain but now it goes a bit faster again.
It takes lots of days to max it if bot is running 24/7 from then?
Haha! A couple weeks at least, or in my case months. But I wasn't crafting 24/7.
I was using my own pet crafting script for quite a while until rock5 finished his.

The worst part is processing all of the materials to help cover tool cost. It's getting harder to find buyers though since so many people are now using their pets for their own needs.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Alkaiser wrote:The worst part is processing all of the materials to help cover tool cost. It's getting harder to find buyers though since so many people are now using their pets for their own needs.
I know what you mean but I just created a guild so maybe I'll contribute my materials to upgrade the guild instead.

Seeing as the guild menu is with you all the time, maybe it would be a good idea to have a function that can automatically move materials to the guild resources. That way they wont fill up tour inventory while botting?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 am

lol where's my guild invite ;)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

jduartedj

#10 Post by jduartedj » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:04 pm

rock5 wrote:
Alkaiser wrote:The worst part is processing all of the materials to help cover tool cost. It's getting harder to find buyers though since so many people are now using their pets for their own needs.
I know what you mean but I just created a guild so maybe I'll contribute my materials to upgrade the guild instead.

Seeing as the guild menu is with you all the time, maybe it would be a good idea to have a function that can automatically move materials to the guild resources. That way they wont fill up tour inventory while botting?
I was thinking the same thing! I almost always send mats to guild! Think it's to hard todo?
And about the cost of the tools, the mysterious items sold at NPC cover that cost at 107g ea, since ea tool is 10g you only need to sell 10 myst. items per bundle.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:17 pm

they cost me 100 gold when I buy them, so the mysterious item only covers the cost of the item used in making the mysterious item.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

jduartedj

#12 Post by jduartedj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:03 am

oops oh true it's 100g ea. I must have made some confusion with the 10k per stack.
Then assuming you get 45 myst. items you will get the cost covered for 48 pet craft items. you then need to get 5200g which tbh is not much, try lowering the price of the mats, processing the mats if you can and even supply them in the format of Elite Skills bundles (3xTimber, etc). if you farm you can use the money from drops to easily pay for those. anyway I don't think it's so hard to come by 5k gold.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:37 am

jduartedj wrote: Think it's to hard todo?
I didn't have much luck with my initial search for functions to control the resources menu. Maybe I'll try again sometime. The problem is, I read somewhere that the most efficient way to contribute is to process the materials to green materials. If so you wouldn't want to stick them in automatically anyway.

jduartedj

#14 Post by jduartedj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:42 am

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote: Think it's to hard todo?
I didn't have much luck with my initial search for functions to control the resources menu. Maybe I'll try again sometime. The problem is, I read somewhere that the most efficient way to contribute is to process the materials to green materials. If so you wouldn't want to stick them in automatically anyway.
hmmm true if you process to green you get the most out of the mats... But it would be good to have a function to contribute say guild runes! and later can use the function to contribute mats after processing. Another good thing to consider is processing with the bot! Including using crafting queue.

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 am

For people who don't 'play' 24/7 upgrading to green deffinately does give more for your farmed items. It does however take time to upgrade the resources to green and for people in our situation we can farm more matts in the time it takes to upgrade the resources. I would personally be happy with a donate function and leave it at that.
Basically if you have 10 worth of a matt, after upgrading it is worth 15 to the guild.

Resources also take up bag space, so if you farmed for a few hours it would take up several spaces per resource type, if you donated resources it would take up 1 space each resource type until you donate it.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 am

Ok I think I found most of the functions. I'll do some more work on it tomorrow.

So we want functions to contribute gold, rubies, materials and guild runes.

guildContribute(GOLD, amount)
guildContribute(RUBIES, amount)
guildContribute(GUILDRUNES, number)

What options do we want for sending materials? Do we want a 'send all' option? Do we want a 'send by color' option just in case we want to keep whites for further processing? Is there a need for sending by type (wood, herb or ore)? etc.

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 am

these 3

Code: Select all

Guild Stone: 202917
Ruby Stone: 203450
Guild Rune: 202916
Maybe instead of making it so you put code in WP to donate, have a profile option with timer, check for donations after XXXXX.

As for the resources, hard to say, me personally I'd just donate them all but I do have my own guild that I am the only player in.
I can see though some people would want to keep certain resources for crafting on their mains. Like if you use your pet to craft items and then the bot just sells them on you. Maybe an option to set not donated if contains XXX.

I notice all "wood" has wood in the name? or atleast most, so if people wanted to keep wood then they can add wood into the don't donate option.

<option name="DONATE_ENABLE" value="true" <!-- true/false to donate resources to guild -->
<option name="DONATE_TIMER" value="600" <!-- interval time between donations in seconds -->
<option name="DONATE_IGNORE" value="wood,rune" <!-- Items containing this won't be donated. -->
<option name="DONATE_QUALITY" value="white,green" <!-- Resource quality that will be donated. -->
I think that would cover all angles.

White = ore, wood, (herb names vary)
Green = sand, timber, bundle
blue = nugget, lumber, sap
purple= Ingot , plank, extract

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:18 am

lisa wrote:Maybe instead of making it so you put code in WP to donate, have a profile option with timer, check for donations after XXXXX.
I not so sure about a timer and I was going to make it an addon. That way people that need to use the guild functions would install it. Which raises another question, are there any other guild function that would be useful? Maybe I could collect information about the resource levels?
lisa wrote:As for the resources, hard to say, me personally I'd just donate them all but I do have my own guild that I am the only player in.
I recently started a guild for myself only as well. What have you found you can do by yourself? You can't do siege wars by yourself right? And there is no way to make Honor Points right? What buildings did you build?
lisa wrote:I notice all "wood" has wood in the name? or atleast most, so if people wanted to keep wood then they can add wood into the don't donate option.
You make me realize, we should have better item types to better identify items in our inventory. I'm going to work on that first. That way I can use the item type in this addon.
lisa wrote:

<option name="DONATE_ENABLE" value="true" <!-- true/false to donate resources to guild -->
<option name="DONATE_TIMER" value="600" <!-- interval time between donations in seconds -->
<option name="DONATE_IGNORE" value="wood,rune" <!-- Items containing this won't be donated. -->
<option name="DONATE_QUALITY" value="white,green" <!-- Resource quality that will be donated. -->
I think that would cover all angles.

White = ore, wood, (herb names vary)
Green = sand, timber, bundle
blue = nugget, lumber, sap
purple= Ingot , plank, extract
Even though I'll be making an addon instead, you are right, we need to be able to send by 'type', quality and maybe level(if I can get that info).

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 am

Seige doesn't really work with just 1 person.
Much later you can get guild quest boards but you need lvl 10 to get them.

I made mine to lvl 5, built castle
Buildings = acadamy and 2 resource gathering things.

I intended to just keep building it up for the fun of it to the point I have 6 towers, then utilise them in my botting. Basically I am set up enough on my server to not really need anything, so all resources get donated, I didn't really lvl any crafting skills, might after castle is built up.

I put all that on hold though when I started my 1-10/10 project, so it's been that way for last few weeks.

If your interested in quest boards, you can do 1 quest a day per board. reward is a rando phirius item and some rubies u can doante to guild, it's been a while since I did any guild quests though I might be wrong ont he phirius item.

Another thing you can build is a drill, you can enter a game type area and get rewards depending how well you play the game, it's basically like hitting the hedgehog with hammer game.

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:10 am

I've already build most of the building including drill. Something I noticed though is there is not enough room to build all buildings so I don't think you'll be able to raise all buff towers.