FDB Extractor and ROM .db LanguageFile Converter/Viewer

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

FDB Extractor and ROM .db LanguageFile Converter/Viewer

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:50 am

I've created my own version of the language converter with many benefits. http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 097#p57097. I recommend using this along with McBens version of the FBD Extractor which it supports.

FDB Extractor 1.1 by Seipheroth
(Thanks to MiesterMan for sharing this version.)
With this program you can extract the individual files in an fdb, possibly with the intention of replacing the files the game uses, similar to what we do with the AutoLogin addon.
FDB Extractor 1.1.zip
(140.34 KiB) Downloaded 2903 times
Note: A few anti virus programs report this as infected.

FDB Extractor 0.0.8.0 by Seipheroth
This is an older version I found on my computer that does not get reported as having a virus.
FDB Extractor 0.0.8.0.7z
(104.67 KiB) Downloaded 1108 times
Doesn't seem to work very well when extracting multiple files.

ROM .db LanguageFile Converter/Viewer
Within the data.fdb file, found in the "Runes of Magic/fdb" folder, are the .db language files prefixed by "string_". If you extract one of these with FDB Extractor then you can use this program to convert and view the language strings.

To use it, start the language converter and click on "Convert .db" then browse to the extracted .db file. Once it's been converted it will automatically create an .xml file in the same folder. From now on you can open the xml file, using "LoadXML", instead of converting it again. Then you can search for strings.
ROM_db_LanguageConvView.zip
(378 KiB) Downloaded 1244 times
If anyone has newer versions of these files, please let me know.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

Re: FDB Extractor and ROM .db LanguageFile Converter/Viewer

#2 Post by MiesterMan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:10 am

Do you have a file comparison tool that will do whole directories? I was thinking I could use SVN to do something like that but I don't know how.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 am

To do file comparisons I use Kdiff3 that comes with GIT Extensions. It can do directory comparisons too. I don't know if TortoiseSVN has something similar. If I double click a file in TortoiseSVN it opens kdiff3 because I have it associated. I think kdiff can be downloaded separately.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

MiesterMan

#4 Post by MiesterMan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 am

I got all excited when you mentioned those db's, not the ones I was looking at in memory unfortunately.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:45 am

I had a version which wasn't working for me, was 0.8
I never saw you had a 1.1 version, it works well =)

Spoke to soon, looks all messed up to me.
lang1.png
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:39 am

I use those files all the time for string files so I know they work. I extract "string_xx.db" files from the data.fdb and convert them to xmls in the language converter. Are you sure you were extracting the right type of files? Note: the language converter can't display utf8 characters properly.

Bill D Cat

#7 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:59 pm

For some reason I never could get this 1.1 version to run when I had Windows 7. Now that I'm using Windows 8.1 it works and extracts the files properly.

One other thing to note, if you NEED to have UTF-8 support, Open Office Calc (and probably Microsoft Excel) will import the .db file and you can select UTF-8 as the character set, and then pick the default language as well.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:59 pm

For that matter you can also use NotePad++ or whatever your editor of choice is. Most will display the utf8 properly. Although, I would open the ini file, not the xml.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:35 am

I've added an older version of FDB Extractor to the first post. 1.1 is reported as being infected by some virus scanners according to VirusTotal. So I've added 0.0.8.0 which is reported as clean.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 am

I've created my own version of the language converter. Check it out! http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 097#p57097

Desmond

#11 Post by Desmond » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am

When I take files from game then the program spoils enrages!
Look at the image
Attachments
Безымянный.png

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't think there is anything that can be done about that. Not all files are usable when extracted.

Desmond

#13 Post by Desmond » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:18 pm

rock5 wrote:I don't think there is anything that can be done about that. Not all files are usable when extracted.
Well then there is other program "FDB Extractor" when it you take the folder it is empty

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Yes I know. Nothing I can do about it. Maybe you could ask the creator of the FDB Extractor 2, McBen, about it.

Thetiber

#15 Post by Thetiber » Tue May 05, 2015 6:21 am

hey,

is there any chance that i can open the original documents? cause excel is only opening a copy from the temp folder

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Are you talking about FDB Extractor? It has to extract a file before it can display it. It's the same with compressed archives. If you open a zip file with something like 7Zip and try to view a file, it will extract it before showing it to you.