RoM Language Converter

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

RoM Language Converter

#1 Post by rock5 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:22 am

Here is my version of the language file converter we have posted here. I decided to create a new post so as not to crowd that post and because this is my own creation. :D
Rom Language Viewer.JPG
What it does;
  • It allows you to open/convert/view/search the language files found in the games "fdb/data.fdb" folder that have been extracted using an fdb extractor.
Improvements over original language converter;
  • - It converts the raw .db much much faster!
    - When searching for a string it a lot faster because it doesn't refresh the results after every character change but waits for you to stop typing.
    - It displays the multilingual characters correctly.
    - It supports McBens version of fdb extractor which outputs already converted db files.
    - It fixes the characters of existing xml files from the older language converter version and re-saves then with fixed characters.
    - Shows the currently open file in the title bar.
Instructions;
  • - I recommend using McBens FDB Extractor 2 available here because it doesn't trigger virus alerts, is maintained, and extracts the db files already converted at a blinding speed. And lastly, because then you will only have .db files in your extracted folder with no need of xml files, so less clutter.
    - Use the FDB Extractor to extract a "string_##.db" files from the games "fdb/data.fdb" file where ## is a 2 to 4 character language code.
    - Then open the db file with my language converter and search for your strings.
Note: When opening a db file with my version, if it needs to be converted then it will save an xml file. If the db file is a McBen type db file then it wont save an xml file because the file will already be converted. When opening an xml file, if it needs to fix the characters then it will re-save the xml file with the fixes.
Attachments
RoM Language Viewer 2.0.1.1.7z
(9.54 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

sauhard

Re: RoM Language Converter

#2 Post by sauhard » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Can i use this to remove somethings from game??
Like i made a model for removing castle walls during sw :P

Can i also make a model for modifying mount speed or player movement speed??
Satisfaction is the end of desire!!

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:09 pm

No. This just shows the game strings and allows you to search them. You can use the extractor I linked to in the instructions (https://bitbucket.org/TellTod/fdb_extractor2/downloads) to extract files from the fdbs but what you can do with them is up to you.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

sauhard

#4 Post by sauhard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:30 am

ehm getting some weird errors while running it:
first i got a dll error, then i manually installed dll file
then i get anther error while the second version of ectractor
Attachments
Untitled.png
Satisfaction is the end of desire!!

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:54 am

Dunno, works fine for me. Maybe it needs some sort of runtime installed. I believe it's written in C++. Do you have the latest C++ runtime installed?

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:35 am

Updated to version 2.0.1.0
  • - Fixed errors when special characers are used in search strings eg. ' [ * %.
    - Added "Starts with" and "Ends with" check boxes to help narrow down your searches.
    - Added tooltips to the load file buttons.
[/list]

Bill D Cat

#7 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:52 am

Just downloaded and tried this. You're right, it is fast. But it has a graphics bug that's annoying. When it first opens, the "Starts with" and "Ends with" check boxes are in the bottom border where the "Search Name" and "Search Text" input boxes are located. Resize the window to full screen, and they end up in the middle of the window on top of the database information.
GraphicsBug.png

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:07 am

I never change the window size so didn't notice that. I'll look into it.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:25 am

Ok, I've updated it.