More noob questions

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
laughmaster

More noob questions

#1 Post by laughmaster » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Just me again with noob questions. I would ask some of my questions on the ROM forums, but I have only been able to log into their forums a few times because I always seem to have problems doing it.

#1 I say on this website I think a stickie explaining how to harvest with a bot. Why would someone do this when it is easier to just create an alt, buy any old pet egg and then use pet autocraft? I have 2 accounts that are logged in nearly 24/7 doing this and they just sit in their houses all the time. The only time they come out is to mail combined products (they each have the tools in thier house) or buy pet tools or plant tools. Just want to make sure I am not missing out on something.

#2 I have just recently hid mid 50's and I am trying to learn about the mini games and stuff that are worth doing to win stuff I can use or sell. The tear drop rubys sell for like 2mil a piece so that is nice for me. My question is there is one in varanas that you get from a clown. You have to shoot the tortoises, rabbits and beetles. Sorry I do not know the name of the game, I can not log into the game right now to find out. There are 10 waves and I never get further then wave 5 and can not see how anyone could get to 10. But I am just standing up on the ledge and shooting them with the alt skill it gives you. Am I doing something wrong, am I able to go down to them and use my own skills or something? Also if anyone knows the top prize you can get for getting to a high wave then I would love to know about it. I would look it up but I can not remember the name of the game.

#3 phirius shells. Since I have just started doing mini games I have just started getting phirius shells. I know you trade them in for equipment. But I think the lowest equipment item I saw at the people I was looking at were for like lvl 77. Is there stuff for mid 50's? I mean it is just a byproduct prize of games I ma playing and I guess if there is nothing to buy for myself then I will just save them up until I am in my 70's. If that happens then at least I will have a ton saved up.

#4 I can not remember if I asked this in another post or not. But here it is. Honor points. I just learned that you can go to the drill grounds or whatever in your guild castle to play games for honor points. However again when I went to the merchants in Obsidian I think it was I saw gear for lvl 70's or whatever. Am I looking at the wrong people. I think someone said something about mats too. I guess that could work out since I am nearly maxed in alchemy and cooking.

#5 Arcane transmuter charges.
I need a ton of these to combine some runes. However I do not currently have any diamonds. I would buy them with daily tokens but could only buy 10 per day. Anywhere else I can buy them or easily win them in a game or something. Looking for some way to be able to farm them the best I can.

#6 Diamonds
I hate that I did not know about the person in Varanas that you could buy diamonds from until about a month before they removed him. I often just do not have the money to buy diamonds, especially since I would need to buy them for myself and my wife. I know that a while ago you could do some surveys and stuff to get diamonds and I was wondering if that is still around. I can not remember where I found the info before. Oh and I know you can buy them in the AH again. But they have more then doubled in price the past few months. Plus I am cheap, so I would be more then happy to do anything else online to earn diamonds then to buy them from ROM or AH.

I think there was at least 1 more but I can not remember it and I am getting way too tired. So feel free to answer all the questions or just a few.

Thank you and happy hunting.

rock5

Re: More noob questions

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 am

I don't play anymore but I'll tell you what I know.

1. Your probably right. There may still be a few posts about it but I don't think many people do it anymore.

2. Note: recently they made a few changes to the rewards you get, for instance I don't think you used to get rubies for mini games, so older online info might be wrong. You can probably check the patch notes to see what they changed. I think it was really recent, like patch 6.0.1. Probably prices for rubies will go down now that they can be farmed in mini games. Note also that different games give different rewards. The game you are describing is Andor's Training. I don't have much experience with it but there are a few topics about it.

3. What you use the equipment for is the stats, what were they called, Scarlet stats? You can easily add three of them with a matching set of Fusion Stones you get from the mini games to a clean piece of gear or you can get Purified Fusion Stones, which are relatively expensive and add 6 of the stats to higher level clean gear, usually purples. Or you can sell the mana stones with the one Scarlet stat on the auction house. I usually make a few low and middle level pieces of unbound gear such as belts and boot with 3 general purpose Scarlet stats, that I pass around to any new character I might want to play manually. Makes life a lot easier.

4. I guess the same is true, you could use the stats. I'm not as familiar with these ones though. I'm also not familiar with using the mats for production but when exploiting a drill grounds bug a while ago we would buy and sell the mats to convert the Honor Points to gold. I believe the one that made the most money per Honor point was Frost Crystal Sand Material Package.

5. You get some charges from some of the mini games. You can also buy them with Phirius coins. As far as I under stand it, it's a massive drain to make high level runes. Some servers occasionally sell high level runes in the Item Shop. You can also buy runes in the AH. It's probably cheaper.

6. I think it was a big mistake to remove the npc. He's not a big source of diamonds but I think the most important thing about him is he helped regulate diamond prices in the AH. The prices would still fluctuate but the npc helps it from getting out of hand. The best way for a stingy person like myself to get diamonds is to farm gold at KS and buy diamonds from AH. I never did those survey things. I found them annoying.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BlubBlab

#3 Post by BlubBlab » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:32 pm

I will give my opinions too ^^
#0 Yeah the forum is at least in the German version awful because the high vs low thing that running their, which plays in the hand of the provider and did make it possible to swap from mirco-payment to big whales payment for them.

#1 The problem with PAC is at the first time it wasn't declared legal since it is declared legal it stopped through the fact that the pet at Level 61 is at maximum so it doesn't help you anymore at some point.

#2 For my characters/characters I use so called crap stats If they need some (scarlet= crap?), fo my main I use better stats, and yes a sold them too, but not too much, it depend how many chars/characters/characters in the level 50 you have.

That mini-game sounds like Andors Training Ground I think their is wp/script for it.(on the top 100 List I see how many bot are on my server WTF 10k +1 impossible for a human)

#3 Mid level 50 => 55 => That are the ID inis, "Hall of Survivers" is the first one their are 2 more, you can walk through Hos then the next map after this their are the other 2 inis (the map with nagas). Run for it became rare

#4 For honor point exist very good equip but unfortunately drill ground is closed since the last update

#5 Same as rock you can get charges nearly from any mini-game with muliple characters you can get enough I think. In the early days they leveled characters from 0-10 Level an get the first free charges.

6# Rocks said everything to it the only thing you can do others is sell gold instated buy diamonds
Last edited by BlubBlab on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 am

BlubBlab wrote:#5... In the early days they leveled characters from 0-10 Level an get the first free charges.
I forgot about that one.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 am

It depends on what you like to do.

Some will make 50 accounts and just do the elf daily until they hit lvl 10, by then you have a few thousand tokens and head straight to Varanas and get transmuter, buy a pile of charges with your tokens.

Other people will just do mini games

Other people will just use the billions of gold they get from KS farming and just buy the item they want.

Plenty of ways to make gold in the game, find one that suits you and do it, simple as that.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual