ks farming strats

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
Espy

Re: ks farming strats

#281 Post by Espy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:22 am

No speed hacks, simple using a brown/white horse, no guild buff for speed no nothing, walking towards KS entrance, get pulled back (for example) to point 139 and my character is trying to climb a back up the cliff he just fell down.
My question is, is there a way to disable that mechanism? Even if its safer to do that, can I just disable it for a while, test it to see what happens without it and judge where it is better with or without it?

rock5

#282 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:08 am

in bot.lua, about line 1022, you will find

Code: Select all

if reason == WF_PULLBACK and #__WPL.Waypoints > 2 then
					__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findPulledBeforeWaypoint())
				end
That middle line is what it does if it detects a pullback. Replace it with whatever you want it to do when there is a pullback. For instance if you want it to find the nearest waypoint you could use

Code: Select all

player:updateXYZ()
					__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:getNearestWaypoint(player.X, player.Z, player.Y))
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#283 Post by lisa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:24 pm

Espy wrote:No speed hacks, simple using a brown/white horse, no guild buff for speed no nothing, walking towards KS entrance, get pulled back (for example) to point 139 and my character is trying to climb a back up the cliff he just fell down.
My question is, is there a way to disable that mechanism? Even if its safer to do that, can I just disable it for a while, test it to see what happens without it and judge where it is better with or without it?
Does the actual character get pulled back though, if it did then obviously it would need to walk down cliff again, if it didn't then that is another issue. Maybe that is how you managed to die on that cliff, went down cliff and HP dropped and got pulled back and went down cliff again so you died?

Does it seem it only gets pulled back when attacked by mobs and you ignore them and keep running? If that is the case then it might be best if you just use a different way to get back to the KS entrance.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual