error in functions.lua

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jduartedj

error in functions.lua

#1 Post by jduartedj » Fri May 25, 2012 3:57 am

(...)scripts/rom/functions.lua:385: attempt to call global 'atError' (a nil value)
I got an error at line 385, this was there:

Code: Select all

atError(errorCallback);

if I comented it out I get stuck on ingamefunctions (but I have it installed) :S

--EDIT--
BTW: this is not my usual PC, its a new install but used one of my old copies of the bot and updated it with tortoise. I get no conflicts or anything updating.

I also get an error message that DOESNT crash the client saying I don't have minimum GPU.

--EDIT--
NEW CLUE:
If the rom/bot is stuck on 'ingamefunctions' loading and I try to open chat It closes automatically (probably the bot does). My coding is a bit off ...
Can anyone tell what code could I run on the client to test for IGF to be installed properly?
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

Re: error in functions.lua

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:57 am

First, if it's an old bot check the version of micromacro. Mine says 1.02 beta 1.
You can download the latest version here
http://www.solarstrike.net/projects
Doing an svn update on the micromacro folder does not update the micromacro executable.

If it gets stuck where it says "if it gets stuck here" message then your igf functions folder is probably not installed properly. Try copying it over again. Don't forget that you need to restart the game for the addon to start working.

Something you probably missed and caused a lot of issues is a game addon called "ExtraActionBars". If you are using this addon, remove it. The bot doesn't work with this installed.

The bot does close chat automatically, otherwise how would the bots keypresses work? To type something in chat you have to pause the script first by pressing END.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#3 Post by jduartedj » Fri May 25, 2012 5:06 am

rock5 wrote:First, if it's an old bot check the version of micromacro. Mine says 1.02 beta 1.
You can download the latest version here
http://www.solarstrike.net/projects
Doing an svn update on the micromacro folder does not update the micromacro executable.
Havent tried to update micromacro yet...I have version 1.01 I think.
rock5 wrote:Something you probably missed and caused a lot of issues is a game addon called "ExtraActionBars". If you are using this addon, remove it. The bot doesn't work with this installed.
No other addons at all(fresh install).
rock5 wrote:The bot does close chat automatically, otherwise how would the bots keypresses work? To type something in chat you have to pause the script first by pressing END.
My point here was that IF the bot is closing chat then *SOMETHING* is working and maybe its related to IGF?
rock5 wrote:If it gets stuck where it says "if it gets stuck here" message then your igf functions folder is probably not installed properly. Try copying it over again. Don't forget that you need to restart the game for the addon to start working.
How can I mess this up? I copied one folder and made sure the new folders were properly named "interface/addons". (EDIT: Not the first time I do this either...)

will post after update MM.

--EDIT

updating MM didn't work, neither reinstalling the IGF. I'm now inclinied into thinking it's IGF that isn't working... I tried printing the IGF variable on client's script/chat and nothing happened... I'm tryying again now

jduartedj

#4 Post by jduartedj » Fri May 25, 2012 5:50 am

O.O

It worked now...

I'm guessing that when I restarted my client the first 2 times the Client.exe hadn't completely shutdown before I started it again and thus not updating the IGF.

Can't think of anything else...

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:17 am

Strange. I would have expected even a ReloadUI() would have worked.

Anyway, good to hear you're up and running.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro