request EoJ Farming Timer

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Uniden65

request EoJ Farming Timer

#1 Post by Uniden65 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:42 pm

We all know by know that you can farm energy of justice coins ....tokens what ever but can some make a script to read the time and keep total track of it .......so lets say your in Rageman Ruins ....standing there ....have it read the timer when it restarts run out kill 1 mob ragemane Warrior ( 1 ) point to score :) run back to a safe spot wait for time to end and then do a 18 min count again for next event .....i have tryed many times but never get it down right and iam not a programmer eather so reading the timer would be the KEY idea....

silinky

Re: request EoJ Farming Timer

#2 Post by silinky » Sun May 06, 2012 5:32 pm

wrong section, please read the forum rules:))))

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sun May 06, 2012 8:27 pm

--=== moved ===--
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Uniden65

#4 Post by Uniden65 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 pm

ok moved sorry about that ....

i understand the bot cant determined timers for events but could it monitor text ? for lets say

this userfunctions
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2068

or something like it to read the start and finish of EoJ starts ......starting and stoping the bot ? Lisa and Rock5 i know you both are very good ...but do u see what iam getting at ?

Start Text : Regional event now restarting!

Stop Text : Regional event ended successfully!

let me know any ideas?

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:16 pm

That userfunction is for writing messages, not reading them. What you need to use is the event monitor which is part of the bot. Here is the romwiki page regarding event monitors. See what you can make of it. Get back to me if it's too complex.
http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... _Functions
Basically what you need to do is start the monitor, do a loop where you check the messages, then continue when you get the message.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Uniden65

#6 Post by Uniden65 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks rock5 but yeah no clue with just that as a example ?

looks to me i can monitor it but not sure how i would start and stop it ....since i dont know the event name iam calling for in game text to start it ?

but i ll do my best ....Since its mighty vague for us none programers. it would be nice to see it in a example to get maybe a idea?

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<onLoad> 
  startGMDetect()
EventMonitorStart(ejfarm, event [,Regional event now restarting!])

</onLoad>
i understand what it does but not seeing it in a example not sure how to implement it into a path file?

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Figuring out what event it is might be a bit tricky. I'm not familiar with it so can't help. What does it look like? Just a chat message? An on screen warning message? Yellow or orange?

Because you want to just stand and wait for the message it should be simple to set up. Something like this.

EventMonitorStart("eojmessages", event? ) -- Which event?
local EventStarted = false
repeat
    yrest(10000) -- check every 10 seconds
    repeat
        local time, moreToCome, msg = EventMonitorCheck("eojmessages", "1")
        if msg and string.find(msg,"Regional event now restarting!") then
            EventStarted = true
            break
        end
    until moreToCome == false
    if EventStarted then break end
until false
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Uniden65

#8 Post by Uniden65 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:32 pm

the event text is yellow .....not sure of the name eather ill try and get it ? "Turmoil in Tergothen Bay" i think

what i want it to do is start at a spot lets say spot 1 ...run when event starts kill 4 mobs stop when enevt stops but move back to a safe spot

DID not work 
looks like its working still testing ..
Last edited by Uniden65 on Sat May 12, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uniden65

#9 Post by Uniden65 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 am

did not work ....event started but the bot never does ....hmmmm crashes client with bad argument to #1 memory readbyte

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:40 am

Good try. :)

By "Which event?" I meant in game event such as "CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM" or "SYSTEM_MESSAGE". There is a list of event names here,
http://www.theromwiki.com/List_of_Events

If the message appears in the middle of the screen and is yellow then I suspect you should be monitoring the "SYSTEM_MESSAGE" event. So,

EventMonitorStart("eojmessages", "SYSTEM_MESSAGE") 
Also I think you want to start monitoring for the message when you start waiting so I would put the code in the appropriate waypoint or create function in the onload and call it at the appropriate waypoint.

Checking for when the event stops is a bit trickier. To kill those 4 mobs do you travel a loop or do you stand in one place and wait for it to spawn or what? If you travel in a loop can you finish traveling the loop when you get the event ended message or do you want to be able to head back immediately?

Uniden65

#11 Post by Uniden65 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 am

just see the event start ...start the bot on the way points kill the 4 mobs then stop and wait for event to end .....then repeat ...in Runes you get eojs for killing some mobs u get 1 point to there system turn in ...this is all you need when the event ends with 6000 points from others doing quest and turn ins ....if the event does not reach 6000 points you get nothing ...so i want to just farm the 4 mobs when evert starts get credit of 4 in the event and if it fininishes get my rewards of EoJs ....

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:35 pm

I went and had a look-see with one of my characters. Try this file.
eojs.xml
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
When the event starts, it goes and kills 4 mobs then returns to the waiting area until it starts again.

You can start it somewhere near Snoop.

Uniden65

#13 Post by Uniden65 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:55 pm

thanks Rock5 your the best man ....works great ....... I changed the waypoints and still works like a charm .....THANK YOU

i thought about the timer thing and it changes depending on how fast the event gets over if its over fast the time is 20 min if its slower it can be as low as 12 min .....so this is the way to go on this event ..... I had a few minor bugs char profile related but this script is one of the best ...

Guest1234

#14 Post by Guest1234 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi guys, I just tried this and it isn't working for me.

I have an addon that removes the scrolling banner text thing and sends it to the general tab of the chat window.

Is there any way for me to set this to monitor that channel?
Or do I have to disable my addon?

Addon : ntAlertCleaner
no longer available on curse, but kinda like http://www.curse.com/addons/war/alertfilter

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 am

You can usually still find old abandonded addons on curseforge even though they don't show up on their search. You can do 1 of 2 things.
1. Type the address directly into the address bar
  • rom.curseforge.com/addons/addonnamehere
or
2. Do a google search using the site
  • site:rom.curseforge.com addonnamehere
Probably if you just did a search for ntalertcleaner in google you would have found a direct link to it.

As to your question, my file doesn't monitor the system messages alert bar, it monitors system messages in chat (CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM). So unless it's blocking system messages in chat, it should work.

Do the messages still appear in chat? The message it monitors for is "Regional event now restarting!".

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 am

I just tested the addon and the waypoint file still worked. Maybe you made some changes to it or it's configuration?

dx876234

#17 Post by dx876234 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 am

U could also monitor the events PE_ACTIVE_PHASE_CHANGE and PE_OBJECTIVE_VALUE_CHANGE. These will give u more detailed information about the event cycles.

regards
DX

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 am

dx876234 wrote:U could also monitor the events PE_ACTIVE_PHASE_CHANGE and PE_OBJECTIVE_VALUE_CHANGE. These will give u more detailed information about the event cycles.
Good pickup considering those events don't even appear in the rom wiki.

They lead me to the publicencounterframe.lua file. Lot's of interesting functions and variables in there. If the waypoint file wasn't working fine the way it is, I'd definately look into it further.

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 am

Ok here's a version that uses an in game function to get info instead of monitoring an event. It also has a variable you can change at the top to say how many mobs you want to kill in each event.

YourTargetScore = 4
eojs.xml
Version 2
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Edit: I especially like this version because you can start it in the middle of the event and it should start right away. And because it actually checks the status of the event, if the event ends it will move back to the home base regardless of how many mobs it has killed or needs to kill.

Guest1234

#20 Post by Guest1234 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:14 am

I already have that ntAlertCleaner thing installed.

it Isn't deleting the alert messages, but rather sending them to the General tab in the chat box.

So yes, the alert is still appearing in the chat box.
Also, the text is exactly as it shows in the wp file.

I will try your newer upload tonight and see if that helps.

Thx guys, you're awesome.