rom4u private server

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
Alleexx

Re: rom4u private server

#121 Post by Alleexx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Ok I just started playing on rom4u and as it's not possible to bot golden eggs I'm not really sure how to get any gold/dias.
Tiering isn't possible either as I have no char that can buy excellent belts.

lisa

#122 Post by lisa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm

take advantage of the 10 times XP, it literally takes 15 minutes to get to 16/11

you can do 1/0 - 40/20 in about a hour.
So a few hours of playing can get you to 50/20 without any hassle, do some butterfly dailies and your 53/20, bit more questing and your 55/20. Head to thunderhoof and get the free lvl 55 package which is very nice, can kill anything your lvl with it.

So within a day you can get 55/20, doing minigames and can ride to limo to buy belts if needed.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Alleexx

#123 Post by Alleexx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:19 am

It really is that fast?
Will try it then. Thanks

lisa

#124 Post by lisa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 am

Alleexx wrote:It really is that fast?
lisa wrote:Did some tweaking, I can do new char to 40/40 in 40-45 minutes
pretty sure I can then do 40/40 to 54/40 in about 30-35 mins.

so new char even if only char on account can do new to 54/40 in 70-80 mins.
That is with power leveling, I can get a new char to 54/40 in less than 2 hours very easily.

I posted a WP, i think it's on first post, will do new to 16/0 in about 10-12 mins. Elf only at this stage.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Alleexx

#125 Post by Alleexx » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 am

Where do I get this free lvl 55 package?

rock5

#126 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:58 am

Alleexx wrote:Where do I get this free lvl 55 package?
https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthre ... ost3816148
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Rebyc

#127 Post by Rebyc » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:24 am

anyone still playing on this server ?

@lisa,
you use quests to lvl to 50 ? or just killing mobs from area to area ?

rock5

#128 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:00 am

I'm still playing it. I don't think Lisa plays much of Runes of Magic anymore.

All my characters are 73 now, even my alts. Thats 33 level 73 characters.

I mainly do mini games, dailies and KS runs.

Killing mobs wont get you to 50. You will need to quest or at least do dailies. I leveled my alts with just dailies and it didn't take that long seeing as I did quests up to 10 levels higher than my characters levels using one of my main characters.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Rebyc

#129 Post by Rebyc » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:28 am

Doing mini games is the way to go here if you wanne get rich (selling the shell stats)

How do you do daily quests that are 10 lvl's higher than you ? (easy if your primary is 10 lvl's above you but else ? )

Btw are there any good English speaking guilds on the server which runs instance daily ?

rock5

#130 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:39 am

Rebyc wrote:How do you do daily quests that are 10 lvl's higher than you ? (easy if your primary is 10 lvl's above you but else ? )
Hm... Maybe I didn't remember right. Maybe it was just a couple of levels higher. Anyway the quest I chose was too hard for my poorly geared alts. All they had to do though was stand near the npc and accept and complete the quest while a high level main (in a party of course) did the killing for them. Took ages to set up but in the end I only did it a few days before moving onto higher level quests.

Alleexx

#131 Post by Alleexx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:28 pm

I haven't played on rom4u for a while because I got whispered by gm's several times when botting the elven island daily.

I was going to bot ks/minis/dailies too but I'm so tired of leveling up new alts. But if you can really level up lots of alts by only doing dailies then it's worth a try. If it's not too much to ask of you rock, I wonder if you could share that script you used to level up your alts or give me a hunch of how to do it.

Also I wonder if you need to buy extra gear to be able to farm ks when the alts are lvl 73? And what class combo? I think mage/priest sounds like a very good option.

lisa

#132 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm

With the 10 levels higher that was more than likely on secondary class. You can accept quests that are 2 levels higher and hand in quests 10 levels higher. So you accept quest on main then switch to secondary and hand in quests.
Alleexx wrote: And what class combo? I think mage/priest sounds like a very good option.
I played both M/P and M/D and both worked very well in KS, if you skip bosses.
Alleexx wrote:But if you can really level up lots of alts by only doing dailies then it's worth a try
I posted a WP or 2 on first post which did 1-19ish in about 10 mins, I personally would just port the alts to KS and honor party level them, if I remember correctly I was doing 1-40/40 in about 45 mins and then just head to xaviera to do a few quests to hit 48, then daily butterflies.

If you don't have a char that can run through KS then you will just need to quest your way to 48, can still be done in a day easily, just need to get weapons as you level. I would suguest the power leveling in KS though.

rock5

#133 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 am

Alleexx wrote:I was going to bot ks/minis/dailies too but I'm so tired of leveling up new alts. But if you can really level up lots of alts by only doing dailies then it's worth a try. If it's not too much to ask of you rock, I wonder if you could share that script you used to level up your alts or give me a hunch of how to do it.
I don't usually share waypoint files for public areas. The hard bit is finding the right daily to bot. I spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect daily, never did find it. Leveling up characters with just dailies is really easy if it's just 1 or 2 but if you're trying to do them enmass it's harder. You need a daily that not many people do, can be done in parties so multiple accounts don't interfer with each other but instead help each other, it has to be as fast as possible and it needs to be as high a level as possible to get the most xp. Ideally it shouldn't be a kill quest but in the end that's what I used for my first one.

So after you've found the daily you want to use create a simple waypoint file that takes your alts from where they are to the daily npc and changes character. Then run all your alts through it.

Each dailies requirements are different but basically you need to create a waypoint file that does the dailies itself or joins the party and leeches off a main character doing the work. Then it changes character when finished. When you want to switch to a higher level daily, make sure all your alts are high enough level and repeat the above steps.

Also, as I level up and need better gear, I create simple waypoint files to go pick up the free equipment packages.
https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthre ... ost3816148
They are available in the item shop for 10 dia each but I find them easy enough to go get.
Alleexx wrote:Also I wonder if you need to buy extra gear to be able to farm ks when the alts are lvl 73?
When I reach level 65 I just buy the 10 dias level 65 package and if needed buy a better weapon for faster killing (for KS a better weapon is recommended). That should be more than enough for most pve content and I think enough for ks but it will depend if you can stay away from frogs with your skill rotation. With the 65 package you can at least safely go in and try it out. If it's still too hard, start buying and upgrading a few pieces of equipment.
Alleexx wrote:And what class combo? I think mage/priest sounds like a very good option.
I think the best skill to farm KS is Thunderstorm so a mage is best. I also run my scout through it but I had to add a 3rd class and make him a scout/mage so I can use Ignite, a similar click-to-cast aoe to Thunderstorm. But your gear has to be a lot higher to 1 hit with it because it does less damage than Thunderstorm. What I like about the scout is it has 2 weapons to put Loot runes in so 240% luck right there. So I added scout as secondary to my mage so I could equip a bow and put a Loot rune in it.

Turns out it was a better choice than I thought. 'Shot' as a M/S (with magic adding elites buffs 'Fire Arrow' or 'Power of the Wind') is an awsome spamable instant skill that can do more damage than Fireball. So I just use Thunderstorm for AOE and Shot for 1 on 1 kills. The beauty of the elites is they work right away. You can leave them at level 0 and, with a super cheap bow, the magic damage alone rivals fireball (leveling the elites doesn't increase damage). And if you invest in a good bow and just a little physical attack the physical damage can contribute significantly. As a example, the magic part does about 40k damage, about the same as my Fireball. With my scouts old 1100 dps Toxic Bow it also does about 14k physical damage. My staff has Physical Attack though so in total I have about 6000 Physical Attack. I probably wouldn't get that much Physical damage with less Physical Attack. Still, I might get a better bow one day and just a little more Physical Attack to really up the physical damage.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant about my new favourite Mage combo. :D
lisa wrote:With the 10 levels higher that was more than likely on secondary class.
Nah, I only have one class on my alts. That's why I said I must have misremembered.
lisa wrote:I personally would just port the alts to KS and honor party level them
Yeah but you would have to do them 1 at a time. :(

Rebyc

#134 Post by Rebyc » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:25 am

how much hp and matt/patt does the lvl 65 package give you ?

There are some easy quests in CoO that just need some talking or travelling to complete. It should get you to 40 pretty easy (start with lisa's 1-16 script)
after that you just need a few quest in xaviera and you're 4=ready for the butterfly quest

rock5

#135 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:25 am

Well it would depend on which package you get. I'll check my alts.

Mage wearing Cloth package and using a Staff
MAtt 7652
HP 11144
Def 8116

Scout wearing Leather package and using Crossbow and 1-H Sword
PAtt 7924
HP 13074
Def 10046

Warrior wearing Chain and using 2-H Sword
PAtt 8028
HP 13809
Def 12217

All characters are level 73 wearing nothing but package items. Note: the 65 package only includes 1 ring and 1 earring so you would have to keep some from a previous set to fill the 2 emtpy slots. I rememoved them to arrive at the figures above.

lisa

#136 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:57 am

lvl packages 55+ are 10 times better than any quest rewards you get in CoOp.

It is just a matter of getting to the NPC and talking to them to get the package, I just set up a WP to do it and let the bot do all the walking.

Rebyc

#137 Post by Rebyc » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:29 am

That's a long walk the first time :) varanas to AV to get to thunderhoof hills or is there a shorter route ? You have to unlock it in AV first right ? after that you can use the OS transporter. (you can skip ravenfell and WC by going through Hos)

20 june they are patching to Chapter 5 i heard you can't teleport to heffner anymore unless the character you're playing is 20/20 :( (before you just needed one character that was 20/20)

lisa

#138 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:45 am

Rebyc wrote:That's a long walk the first time varanas to AV to get to thunderhoof hills or is there a shorter route ? You have to unlock it in AV first right ? after that you can use the OS transporter. (you can skip ravenfell and WC by going through Hos)
Actually there is an even shorter route, just go to OS and tell the bot to talk to the NPC, what they did was have the NPC there constantly but you only "see" the NPC if you have done the quest but since the NPC is always there you can tell the bot to click them just as you normally would.

You can also set up a macro which can force the NPC to appear, can't remember where I posted that macro, probably in the Rom4u forum.

I'll attach my WP (to first post) which goes from varanas to the lvl 55 package in thunderhoof, regardless of if you have done the quest, it walks the entire way though so if you have got any of the snoops opened up then use them first lol

Alleexx

#139 Post by Alleexx » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks a lot rock and lisa for the advices!

I'll try it right away :D

Rebyc

#140 Post by Rebyc » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:02 am

Thx alot for the WP lisa, runs perfectly :)

Did they remove the free mem NPC btw ? I can only get a free puri once a day.