Ban

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Mika-

Ban

#1 Post by Mika- » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 am

Hi All,

yesterday i got banned due of bot using.

I was botting with one of my account and it get caught. I was very surprised that all my 3 accounts got banned even i have ever used bot with them. I sent mail to CC and I told I have never used bot and matter of fact idont even know how to use bot :twisted: They told me i got ban because I use same access as the botter used. Idont know what he meaned with the same access. So I wonder did they give IP ban for all or does the client have some specific number. Because my friend used also the bot char but he didnt got banned for all his character. So will they bann all form same ip or all from same client?

Because when i get off from the punishment i will use 3G network via from laptop and other character i use from my PC via ADSL connect. Will that help that idont get all character bann. if the character from laptop get caught?

lisa

Re: Ban

#2 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:55 am

Many topics about this sort of thing already, have a search and do some reading.

1 point to make though is that if you send things from a bot character to another there is a chance they will bann the other character anyway because it received something from the bott.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Mika-

#3 Post by Mika- » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:58 am

Sorry my mistake. Ill do search.

BTW i have newer send anything from my main char to bot char, but i have sent from my bot char to my friend who also have access to my bot char. And he didnt got bann. So thats why I wonder how to heck they know who is the real owner..

Germangold

#4 Post by Germangold » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:00 am

they just know......
its magic

silinky

#5 Post by silinky » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:48 am

if you CREATE the characters from the same ip, and worse, in a short timespan, you are screwed.
when i get banned, they ban all my chars CREATED together. and they don't ban the chars i bot on a same ip, but created from another pc.
maybe this info helps.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 am

I'm just going to do a review on all the changes now then commit. I think writing up the changes is ging to take ages. lol
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MinMax

#7 Post by MinMax » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 pm

I see there´s a new bann tread ^^ i will also tell my story
I play since the open beta. Never had a contact with the support.

four main accounts (each account has a lvl 70/70 char ),
four farming accounts (with each 8 chars lvl 20-40),
activated in several lacations, my company, my parents, my sister, and several friends ...
all banned since 2 weeks for a month.

Support wrote me, i have no permission to play or create a new account , because the bann is personally !!
IP Bann ?? Mac Bann ?? It can´t be.
A storage account, which i used every day has no bann ?!? It´s funny to see the storage chars running on my old, bumpy files from the stone age of rombot)
Normally i should get a permanet bann when they are clearing my accounts. Let´s look (I have no problem with a permanet bann, i will only miss the rombot board, not the game )

MinMax

Mika-

#8 Post by Mika- » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:02 am

silinky wrote:if you CREATE the characters from the same ip, and worse, in a short timespan, you are screwed.
when i get banned, they ban all my chars CREATED together. and they don't ban the chars i bot on a same ip, but created from another pc.
maybe this info helps.

My main char has been created from my laptop via company network. But all character has been first time in game from my home pc. So i bet the client have some kind "cd-key" which will be implemented for every account when they log first time.