Pathing in Miller's Ranch - sticking abounds

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

Pathing in Miller's Ranch - sticking abounds

#1 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:18 pm

I've noticed that my bots in Miller's Ranch are getting stuck in areas that they would not previously & they they seemingly don't attempt to unstick themselves anymore either. One of them in particular of larger stature (if that makes a difference) keeps getting stuck on its way to the hen house on the pole out front. I've seen it just stay there, running in place trying to push through it (typical warrior), until I manual move the bot aside. Other times it runs back & forth between there & the main reset waypoint by Jenna. Either way, I don't see the red "attempting to unstick character" (or something to that affect) announcement in RoM Bot anymore.

Anyone know what's going on? I use the latest WP_Optimized file and am all up to date with SVN Update.

The hens & eggs are sticking quite often lately as well ("Currently busy. Please try again later."). Could it just be week end lag causing loss of communication? It's just odd that it seems to be affecting one bot more than the others. This issue is what is causing my poor farming performance on that bot as of late.

Thanks
:D :D Golden Eggs 4 My Pet :D :D

rock5

Re: Pathing in Miller's Ranch - sticking abounds

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I always thought sticking eggs and hens had something to do with performance, as in, the more clients you run at one time, the more likely you are to get stuck eggs and hens. There's no real way to be sure though.

If one character is behaving differently to other characters then you have to ask "what's different about this character than the other characters?". Maybe different in-game-options or setup? Maybe different profile settings? You should consider anything that is unique to that character.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

#3 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Rock5,

I checked their set ups. The one in question does have it's view distance set at 30% (of bar) & the others set to 0% (all the way to the left or "near"). Otherwise they are set the same. I changed it to match the others (minimum view distance). Let's see what happens.

It could just be my crappy wireless acting up again & that character just takes the blunt of it. I don't pretend to know much about internet data transfer, but maybe that characters packet transfer is somehow lowest on the priority list. Does it use the FIFO system; 1st established is 1st transfered and gets priority?

Thanks.

rubenr

#4 Post by rubenr » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet wrote: It could just be my crappy wireless.
This.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:52 pm

It's strange that one client has a viewing distance different to the others. I'm pretty sure the setting is shared between clients. i.e the last one you log off, whatever the display settings are, they will be used for all clients when loading them up again. For it to be 30%, you would have had to change it, I think.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

#6 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm

You are correct. I had changed it on an alt in order to travel w/o getting lost in the fog created at minumum settings & didn't switch it back until you mentioned looking for differences in settings.

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

#7 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:26 am

Latest numbers. I'm finding it too peculiar to be just bad wireless, unless like I said before that the first client started gets priority & each additional just gets whatever bandwidth is left over. I woke to find one of three clients crashed (the one I usually have stuck egg issues with) and another with these RoM stats: (I'm sure the extra system resources required to display the egg sparkles [see attached pic] doesn't help) either). The remaining bot had no stuck eggs, but two stuck hens. Go figure. /shrug

Per 100 fresh eggs.
To Collect To Deliver Golden Eggs Dropped
73m 54s 12
63m 54s 2
71m 55s 3
78m 55s 6
81m 55s 9
81m 55s 4
82m 55s 4
80m 55s 6
Fresh Eggs average drop rate: 78.38 per hour
Golden Eggs average drop rate: 4.5 per hour

Ignore lists:
Total stuck hens = 1

Ignored eggs Seconds
6c00a00 260
18419600 251
6c04100 238
2e41e00 230
1841f000 124
6c03700 112
2293a000 99
2293d700 90
Total stuck eggs = 600
Attachments
600 Stuck Eggs.jpg

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 am

have you turned down video performance to minimum?
If so then you probably could use with using a model file to reduce the strain on Video resources.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Golden Eggs 4 my Pet

#9 Post by Golden Eggs 4 my Pet » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:17 am

Lisa,

Ya, funny you mention that. I do have them all turned down to minimums, yet the video quality doesn't seem to change much (if at all) & whenever I use my Scout's "Ignite" elite skill, I almost completely lag out (much like Siege War). All the spell effects still display & nearly wash out the entire area when spamming that insta-cast AoE spell. It's killed me several times when I corral more than seven at a time & my 1 gig video card can't handle it.

Any advice on how to remedy that would be much appreciated. However, I am afraid I haven't a clue as to what you mean about using a "model file". It's probably simple enough, I just haven't any experience with it. I'd have to be walked through that. Sorry.

I know I can do it once told how (as evidenced by my being able to follow all your instuctions the forums on getting a bot to farm Miller's), I just don't have the background on how to do much you suggest w/o explicit instruction.

Thanks.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:30 am

Have you tried with fewer clients running?

kuripot

#11 Post by kuripot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:03 pm

lisa wrote:have you turned down video performance to minimum?
If so then you probably could use with using a model file to reduce the strain on Video resources.

where i can get model file you said??? model.lua inside micromacro file?? i will put in rom client??

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:11 pm

I did a forum search for model and got this..
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... ilit=model
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

volkovy

#13 Post by volkovy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 pm

same here, sometimes 1-2 client gets stuck (12 running)

it wont "loot" the eggs, just standing in front of them. annoying, but i think its not performance related. cpu usage is 60-70%

barbarossa

#14 Post by barbarossa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:30 pm

i can confirme this sticky eggs
got 3 clients running

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 pm

volkovy wrote:same here, sometimes 1-2 client gets stuck (12 running)

it wont "loot" the eggs, just standing in front of them. annoying, but i think its not performance related. cpu usage is 60-70%
Eggs getting stuck is a long standing issue. In general the script handles them alright by ignoring them. If it's "just standing in front of them" probably means they are all stuck which is very unlikely to happen.

I think it is performance related. Have you tried running only one client? Have you tried running 10 clients?

kuripot

#16 Post by kuripot » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:52 am

im running 6 client...

using lisa's model...

video resolution in low setting....

no egg stuck no hen stuck ...

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 am

I'm curious, what effect does lisas models have at Miller's Ranch?

kuripot

#18 Post by kuripot » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:31 pm

oopss ... nothing hehehe... same running 6 client smoothly even without lisa's model

volkovy

#19 Post by volkovy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:26 pm

it cant be performance related. 8 threads, each running on 4.2 ghz, cpu usage is around 40%.

eggs just.. stuck.

seriously dont know why. in the past, i used someone else's script for millers ranch, it was 100% perfect. still searching for that again :)

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 pm

volkovy wrote:it cant be performance related. 8 threads, each running on 4.2 ghz, cpu usage is around 40%.
CPU isn't everything though, whats FPS like, is the strain to much for your video card.
Whats memory usage like
volkovy wrote:seriously dont know why. in the past, i used someone else's script for millers ranch, it was 100% perfect. still searching for that again
If that was a few game patches ago then it is possible the change is because the game has changed, I know I can't run as many clients anymore because for some reason it is more strain on the video card and I get less FPS now.