Crash Report

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
Hetrix

Crash Report

#1 Post by Hetrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Hey all.

Those crashes I'm getting ingame seems to be when Im playing for more than 4-5 hours. Then the games crashes and I need to restart it. Same issue is when Im botting mobs, the game crashes and it kills my character if I dont press, "Send or Cancel" which I dont because I'm AFK under the botting period. So I'm wondering if there is a script or code that can catch this crash report and automatically press "Cancel" when it occurs so it dont kill my character?

Thanks! / Hx

rock5

Re: Crash Report

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:48 pm

I wish this too. I think htere was a bit of a discussion about this but nothing became of it. I think the administrator said something along the lines of 'she couldn't identify the application that caused the error box'.

Maybe we can revisit this Administrator?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 am

Actually I think we were able to kill off the game if it had an error, but the problem was having it automatically restart the client and login. I should still have the code around here to restart the client, but, having it login and select character are still a problem.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:54 am

But the first propblem is when it crashes, if the game doesn't close, then the server thinks your still online and your character dies. So first priority is to kill the client process as soon as a crash occurs.

A solution to auto logging in would be great but it's another issue entirely.

So can you implement auto terminating of the process when it crashes?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:56 am

rock5 wrote:But the first propblem is when it crashes, if the game doesn't close, then the server thinks your still online and your character dies. So first priority is to kill the client process as soon as a crash occurs.

A solution to auto logging in would be great but it's another issue entirely.

So can you implement auto terminating of the process when it crashes?
Perhaps I can look into it if I get a chance.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:11 am

BTW. What's the purpose of this folder "ROM general" as apposed to the regular "Runes of Magic" folder?

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 am

Nearly everything in the RoM forum is specific to botting. This is for pretty much anything to do with the game, including information on quests, dungeons, general information, whatever.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 am

So topics related to rom but not Botting? Maybe a more descriptive name? Like "RoM - Non botting related topics"?

Administrator
Site Admin

#9 Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 am

rock5 wrote:So topics related to rom but not Botting? Maybe a more descriptive name? Like "RoM - Non botting related topics"?
The subtitle says:
Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
Does this show under whichever theme you have selected?

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:01 am

Ah.. Didn't notice that.

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:06 am

rock5 wrote:Ah.. Didn't notice that.
Don't feel too bad. I have a feeling that 99% of the other visitors to this site don't, either.

Hetrix

#12 Post by Hetrix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:22 am

I'm glad that I'm not alone about this. Well I hope we/you can find a solution.
Last night I tested to change the graphics and audio etc to the minimal resoultion. I also pressed Ctrl + Z to hide the actionbar etc for less lagg. Didnt have a crash under those 7 hours of mob farming. Will do some more tests when I get home.

If we can get the client to close while the Crash occur its pretty enough for me, I dont need the autologging and restarting client. But it would be a bonus if you can make that work :)

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 am

If admin can find the start client code mentioned I should be able to come up with something.
Have a few ideas already forming =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Hetrix

#14 Post by Hetrix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:40 am

lisa wrote:If admin can find the start client code mentioned I should be able to come up with something.
Have a few ideas already forming =)
Thats great =)

Administrator
Site Admin

#15 Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:25 pm

You know, this is actually possibly easier than we might have thought. All you need to do is detect the crash window (findWindow("Crash Report"), getWindowClassName("#32770")) and then just kill the task (classes/player.lua:2843).

Seems to work.

Hetrix

#16 Post by Hetrix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Thats great, will you publish the code in short or do you have some testings left? =)
And could you learn me where I need to put this code or it comes in a separate file that need to go under a specific folder?

/ Hx

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Administrator wrote:You know, this is actually possibly easier than we might have thought. All you need to do is detect the crash window (findWindow("Crash Report"), getWindowClassName("#32770")) and then just kill the task (classes/player.lua:2843).

Seems to work.
If you multiclient though how would you know which client crashed?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Administrator
Site Admin

#18 Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 pm

You kill the crash report process, which would take the client with it.

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:50 pm

I guess what I meant to ask was

If you multi client and multibot.
If 1 of the clients crashed all of the bots would detect the window pop up, so need to decide which bot is still running fine with a client and which actually crashed and only the one that crashed kill the crash report.

I guess easiest way would be to add any code into the
function error

I can't seem to find it though, is it part of micromacro.exe ?

Administrator
Site Admin

#20 Post by Administrator » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:06 am

If you kill the Crash Report window, it closes the paired game client automatically. There is no need to figure out which client it came from.

error() is a Lua function. But, there is a callback. I think in functions.lua, there's something like function onErrorCallback().