Kanta's Pet Feeding System

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
kanta

Kanta's Pet Feeding System

#1 Post by kanta » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:05 am

Ok, I'm finished with my feeding menu for now. If there are changes people would like or problems that are found drop a note in here.
Once you load the waypoint file, it's pretty self explanatory. Choose which pet slot you want to work with then choose an option to feed golden eggs, trade eggs for enhancement or awakening potions and miller's cakes. At each type you can either have your pet eat every item of that type or you can enter how many you want to use. I tried to add a little info with each type to maybe help you out with quantities. Enjoy.

Revision Notes:
Version 1.1 - Added current aptitude value and potions needed to Awakening potion menu

***FILES REMOVED UNTIL PROBLEM FIXED***
Last edited by kanta on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

Re: Kanta's Pet Feeding System

#2 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:38 am

had a quick glance through the code, looks like you put a lot of work into it, grats

Interesting idea to make it into a WP and have user input each step of the way to decide what to do.

I think I have a stack of eggs on an alt somewhere, I might give it a test run later =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kanta

#3 Post by kanta » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:41 am

Ya, while automation can be nice in certain situations, I like to have a certain amount of control at times. Let's face it, with the egg farming, people aren't limited to one pet any more. You can have several pets of different types for different farming or play styles and level them all. With a system like I made, you can do exactly what you want with each pet, know what you need for each one in certain situations. I put some basic info at certain menus but the information people can put in there is limitless (well, within the boundaries of the base bot coding) if they decide they want more. In fact, as I'm writing this, I believe I just remembered something I wanted to put in there and forgot. I'll jump in, add it and update the file and add revision notes in the first post.
I think a menu driven system like this can be adapted to many other uses, people can use mine as a starting point. I'm thinking I may even adapt this system myself to make a new waypoint choice menu system with categories for different script types. Such as a section for instance farming, daily farming, character leveling, etc. as the current menu for waypoints is getting quite cluttered. Grrr... now I have ideas for that floating through my head.... Pretty soon I'm gonna spend more time coding and less playing :roll:

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:20 pm

lol I rarely actually play anymore, I do seige most nights but a bit of pvp is always fun.
Spend most of my time fixing other peoples issues or trying to improve on some functions I have been working on =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:19 pm

I was meaning to make a suggestion. The script checks whether you are in millers and doesn't run if you are not. But some of the functions don't require you to be in millers, eg. feeding your pet. Could you change it so it only checks if you are in Millers when you try to use an option that actually needs it?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kanta

#6 Post by kanta » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:58 pm

I'll see what I can do. I'm still pretty new at this so I have the functions running at a waypoint in front of the npc in miller's.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:11 pm

You would probably need to put everything in the onload section for it to be usable anywhere.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 am

tried 1.1 but it had issues with using golden eggs and buying awakening potions.

so I used eggs first to get up trainging, then used it to buy awakening potions, I said buy 1, it bought 2 and tried to feed the pet both even though it didn't have the training for 2. and continued trying to feed the pet the 2nd pot until I stopped the script.

Code: Select all

Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Feeding Egg Pet...
Paused. (Delete) to continue, (CTRL+L) exit to shell, (CTRL+C) quit
Stopping execution.

kanta

#9 Post by kanta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:50 am

I'll get some more eggs and test it out again. I'll start up a new egg as the pet I was testing on already had 100 aptitude. I thought the code from enhancement potions would work properly for awakening potions also.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:13 am

Ahh ok, well you need 500 training for 1 and 1000 training for the other, so will need a diff calculation for that. I haven't had a chance to look through the code yet.

kanta

#11 Post by kanta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

I'm gonna remove the links till I figure this problem out.... It worked properly the night I finished it, I don't know why it's having problems now. It may be a lag issue between trading for a potion and it detecting that the potion was recieved.

kanta

#12 Post by kanta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:24 am

Well, it's time to start up a few egg farmers... I ran out of eggs before I could solve the issue.

Jellenser

#13 Post by Jellenser » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:33 pm

hello!

is there any way to get the WP file?or it just dont work ony more? .. i search for a "easy" way to feed my pets with cake and eggs.

thanks in advance.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:53 am

I usually just use

rom/bot path:commandline
then

CEggPet(x):feed("Miller's Special Cake","all")
Where 'x' is the egg number that you want to feed. If you don't want to feed all the cakes to the pet you can change "all" to a number.

kuripot

#15 Post by kuripot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

how about feeding cake when nourishment is go down then stop feeding when pet is full

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:23 am

It already does this automatically as long as you have set your eggpet options.