interrupting heals

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ZZZZZ

Re: interrupting heals

#21 Post by ZZZZZ » Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 pm

What does "hot" do differently to "heal"?

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:12 pm

"hot" means heal over time, like the Priest skill Regenerate.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:21 pm

The difference is, "heal" keeps casting until you reach the desired hp level ignoring the heal buff and "hot" only casts when the heal buff has gone.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

ZZZZZ

#24 Post by ZZZZZ » Tue May 13, 2014 10:54 pm

I don't like that idea. Recover is the main heal for druid, with the hot it gives as an added bonus to keep players topped up while not casting Recover on them.

Making it wait for the "hot" to expire would be counter productive.

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Ok, I'll leave it as "heal". Like you said, it is the only heal they have so may as well treat it as a heal instead of hot.

ZZZZZ

#26 Post by ZZZZZ » Tue May 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Well its not the 'only' heal, they do have DRUID_RESTORE_LIFE but Recover with it's hot is superior. And it's also a general skill, meaning that characters with druid as secondary can depend on it to keep them up.

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Hm... wouldn't it make sense to cast Recover as a hot when you loose a bit of health and not cast it multiple times while the buff is still running so you don't waste the hot part, then if you're heal goes even lower use Restore Life for it's faster health boost?

But there is the point that with Druid as secondary it would be your only heal. So, yeah, should still be "heal".

ZZZZZ

#28 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed May 14, 2014 2:39 am

rock5 wrote:Hm... wouldn't it make sense to cast Recover as a hot when you loose a bit of health and not cast it multiple times while the buff is still running so you don't waste the hot part, then if you're heal goes even lower use Restore Life for it's faster health boost?
Restore Life is still the same cast speed of 2 seconds. It is slightly stronger yes, but it doesn't have the hot to back it up. As a druid healing end-game raids you generally only use Restore Life for the 1 point of natures power that it gives upon casting it, otherwise you only use Recover. d/s in particular has no need to ever cast Restore Life thanks to its Cam Flower giving Natures Power points.

And you're not really 'wasting' the hot part. Refreshing the buff is never a bad thing, meaning that it will take even longer till it needs another heal.

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:59 am

You're probably right but it seems to me if you caste, lets say, Recover twice in a row the benefit you get from recover, in my case anyway, is 520 HP and an extra 2 seconds of hot which is about 570. So about 1090 in total. If I cast a Recover Life instead I get 1246Hp. Ok, if I do the math like that, you are right, the benefit is very small. And that's only if they immediately follow one another. I concede then. :D

lisa

#30 Post by lisa » Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 am

rock5 wrote:A small thing, as I'm going through my changes, I am changing DRUID_RECOVER to "hot". Does anyone have a problem with that?
Leave it as a heal, it is a druids main heal and the hot part is just a little bonus.
rock5 wrote:Lisa I'm getting ready for a commit. Do you want me to include your changes or would you like to commit them yourself?
Go for it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:13 am

lisa wrote:
rock5 wrote:
Lisa I'm getting ready for a commit. Do you want me to include your changes or would you like to commit them yourself?

Go for it.
So basically your changes are:
  • - Added party profile option MONITOR_WHISPERS.
    - Added "party" skill type for skills.xml database.
Was there anything else?

BTW, I hope you are feeling better.

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Wed May 14, 2014 3:33 am

sounds good.

Chemist gave me some "stronger" pills, the type you need to hand over your drivers licence to be able to get as it is recorded so you can't get to many of them. They seem to be doing better than the normal pills, hopefully be back at full health in a couple of days.
Worst case of a "cold" I have ever had, doctors are all morons.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:10 am

Well look after yourself, keep warm, get plenty of rest. Hopefully your family is doting on your every need. :)

lisa

#34 Post by lisa » Wed May 14, 2014 5:49 am

rock5 wrote:Well look after yourself, keep warm, get plenty of rest. Hopefully your family is doting on your every need. :)
Unfortunately reality is that if I don't work then we all starve, so yeah still working 4-6 hours a day.

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:11 am

That's right, you work for yourself. So no sick leave? That's rough.

Rickster

#36 Post by Rickster » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi there,

I run into the same * aborted * problem.

I am haunting for some mobs and when lp drop below a certain level, regenerate should be casted to save my priest, but always aborts. It also has to different messages for not casting regeneration: "cast failure" and "abortet", which usually are mixed, but the cast is never finished.

I updated everything to revision 778.

Code: Select all

Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>   Kuhkäfer (413/532)
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>   Kuhkäfer (269/532)
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_REGENERATE    =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>   Kuhkäfer (128/532)
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_REGENERATE   =>   * abgebrochen *
Kampf beendet. 1 Kuhkäfer getötet. (Kampf #1 / Laufzeit 0 Minuten)
Same happens for PRIEST_WAVE_ARMOR and PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL
For me it seems that it does not target itself before casting, all skills need to target the char first.

Greeting
Ric

rock5

#37 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:40 pm

You're not using an old version of the bot are you? Or is this a new issue with the current bot?

Rickster

#38 Post by Rickster » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:31 am

To me it seems to be a new issue.

I hope my last SVN Update of the bot was correct and its at rev. 778 now. I did not use the bot for a while, so this came up to me just now.

rock5

#39 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:40 am

Did you get any conflicts when you did the SVN update? That can happen some times when it's been awhile since you updated the bot. If so, you will have some files in your rom folder that have yellow icons. In that case do an svn revert on the rom folder to revert the bot files (right click the rom folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert").

Rickster

#40 Post by Rickster » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:27 am

There are no conflicts. Only adresses.lua is red ... but I think the bot creates this file on its own.