Official home of Madman Addon

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Official home of Madman Addon

#21 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 am

I just wanted to bring up a point as I'm recognizing a lot of the usernames here. If you are using the beta version of the bot it is possible that is what is changing the behavior of the character from what Lisa expects. You would have to test it with the regular bot to know for sure.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#22 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 am

rock5 wrote:I just wanted to bring up a point as I'm recognizing a lot of the usernames here. If you are using the beta version of the bot it is possible that is what is changing the behavior of the character from what Lisa expects. You would have to test it with the regular bot to know for sure.

thanks =)

I have noticed something though in player:fight() which is causing what people are experiencing, I haven't come up with any solutions as yet that don't involve adding specific code just for the madman boss, which like 10% of users would actually need, like the "Tatus" code that was added in.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

nightclaw

#23 Post by nightclaw » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 am

ito lisa yes i am using melee class champion at this time i going be using a warden/scout later 1s i get more mememtos to get gear for it to even fight the 1st bos on easy ...also ya i think telport would work bit better but have no clue how do ...also it does not do it all time i say about every 3rd run and most time its on 2nd jump of the fight some times 1st it varys

to rock yes i use both beta and non beta i have same issue on both but i would not post a issue on a beta do thats what it is beta i just trying get my current working so i know it works so i can test it fully ..

and 1 last thing to both thax for baring with this i know i suck but at lest i trying :/ thax again code gods :)

lisa

#24 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:37 am

basically in player:fight() if you have a target it does stuff, when you don't have a target it assumes you killed the mob. I personally think that is a bad way to do things but I think that code has been there for a couple of years.

So we can either rewrite the code to actually check if the mob died or not, probably best solution.

Or just add in a little bit of code purely for madman because we do lose him as a target.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 am

I've already edited it quite a bit to avoid mistakenly thinking it has killed a mob when it hasn't. I have a check at the end of the main loop to see if you have lost the target. But it looks like I put it just before the onskillcast check. If it is placed after the onskillcast check that would probably help but I think your idea of seeing if the mob still alive is a better idea as the "target" object should still exist even if you don't have it targeted anymore. So, if player doesn't have anything targeted and target still exists and is alive then mark break_target = true and break from the loop. Would that be sufficient for the madman addon to work properly?

Edit: I already removed the 'Tatus' check because the reason it was needed was because it's hp didn't drop (I think). I've added checks for actual damage done to replace hp lost so it should work. I've tested it with Mendoza whos hp keeps reseting to 100% and it works fine. I'm assuming it will work with Tatus too although I could be wrong. If someone could give me a better description of what happens with Tatus then I could make sure it will work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:08 am

cool, sounds good =)

The object doesn't dissappear instantly so yeah we should be able to check the same address to see if it's alive.

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:49 am

So the mob disappears? If the onleaveskill code causes it to run while it is jumping doesn't that mean that the mob will be gone before the code gives control back to the bot? That would mean that when it finally gets to the end of the fight loop, after running, the mob will be gone. Which means the bot will think that it killed it. Or do you intend to change the onskillcast code? Is the mob attackable until it disappears or does it change state?

BTW how does it reengage the mob after it lands? Does its address change?

lisa

#28 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 am

umm missunderstanding I think, I mean mobs in general after they are dead don't dissappear instantly.

As for madman and memory, not sure, I never tested it.

After he lands again the bot just decides to attack him again, I guess.

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:00 am

Ok. Looking at some vids it looks like you don't normally loose the mob as a target so I guess that means it remains in memory with the same address. How long does it take to reengage the mob after a jump? If it takes any amount of time, a faster way to reengage might be to retarget him after running. As in,

Code: Select all

remember target
clear target
run
stop running 
retarget target
If you do that in the onskillcast code it should, in theory, just continue where it left off. What do you think?

lisa

#30 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:38 am

I think the main issue for melee is this.

if( settings.profile.options.COMBAT_TYPE == "melee" ) then
					timedAttack();
				end
because of the timed attack it will use the attack skill which will move the player back to the 50 distance to boss which = death.

Could just unregister the timer I guess in the onpreskillcast code for the addon, that would help.

meant this bit.

registerTimer("timedAttack", secondsToTimer(2), timedAttack);

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:57 am

That's a good point. It would do the timed attack during the yrest. If you've cleared the target it shouldn't attack but I guess the game would cause you to auto retarget it. You can also simply not yield during the pause when running instead of turning off the timer by using "rest" instead of "yrest".

nightclaw

#32 Post by nightclaw » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:50 am

when he jumps u lose target and it disappears right off the jump and u run foward if madman works right u run foward and just stand there mad man comes down then after few secs more u can target him there a delay in leting u target him then he runs to you and fight starts again repeat tell dead

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 pm

I've seen videos where madman is continuously targeted during the whole fight so it must be possible to retarget him after he lands. I'm assuming there is a period of time where you can't attack him though? While it is standing there waiting is that part of the 4s yrest in the onskillcast code?

lisa

#34 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:05 pm

my memory is a little foggy but I seem to remember losing target on him even when playing manually, when he lands you can retarget him.
The bot however seems to keep him as target which is evident by the bots turning and run to his spot with autoattack even when the boss is in the air.

The addon is set to run for 5 seconds, the 4 second yrest is so you actually do run for the full time and not turn before hand.
Works great for ranged chars, melee have the issue because of the timedattack.

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:03 am

Maybe you do loose target but the vids show that the mob remains in the target frame. I'm not sure what that means. When he lands and becomes targetable again do you have to manually target him or does he just become targeted again?

nightclaw

#36 Post by nightclaw » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:42 am

u cant target him for serton time after he lands i think its when he starts moving again do he pauses for 2 to 3 secs and do i melee class it retargets him soon as he hits me but when i do it on own NO BOT i just wait target him 1s my mouse icon turns back....

also yes there is a huge diffs in melee and ranged useing mad man addon i turns all my spells that just do ranged and set profile to ranged works great but i only have 2 skills that are ranged so i cant kill him do i get owned after some time he gets me in on steps and kills me there do i cant get away but there a diffs now just get it work with melee :(

lisa

#37 Post by lisa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:11 am

For melee try this in your profile

<onPreSkillCast><![CDATA[
   if getZoneId() == 127 or getZoneId() == 128 then
      target = player:getTarget();
      if target.Id == 103857 or target.Id == 103169  then
        if RoMScript("madman.Time") >= 1 then 
unregisterTimer("timedAttack");
          player:clearTarget();
          printf("Running\n")
          yrest(4000)
        end
      end
   end
   ]]></onPreSkillCast>

noobbotter

#38 Post by noobbotter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Well, I'm not sure what to do at this point. I even went so far as to figure out that I can make my bot detect an "onLeaveCombat" when Okander jumps, but it's also not reliable enough. Sometimes I dies, and sometimes not. (and I managed to do that with the madman addon removed.

With the addon, My character still sometimes runs back toward where Okander is going to land and I can't figure out why. My character is a priest/mage and the profile is set as non-melee.

lisa

#39 Post by lisa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:11 pm

noobbotter wrote:With the addon, My character still sometimes runs back toward where Okander is going to land and I can't figure out why. My character is a priest/mage and the profile is set as non-melee.
lisa wrote:I notice it didn't print "running" at all in there which tells me the onpreskillcast didn't work, if you still have it. I suspect there may be an issue with what is being done in the WP code but I don't really have the time to go through it.

Simple test, go just before the boss and use the wander script.

rom/bot path:wander
It should see the boss and start to attack it, if it has the same issues as you have seen before then it isn't the WP. If it does everything without issue then the WP is probably the route of all evil ;)
did you try this?

rock5

#40 Post by rock5 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:09 am

The problem seems fairly clear cut.

If you use

player:cleartarget()
yrest(4000)
in your onskillcast or onpreskillcast while the addon makes you run then the only thing that can make you attack from the bots point of view is a timed event such as the timedAttack function. If you also used

unregisterTimer("timedAttack")
Then the timedAttack can't be the cause of the problem. That leaves another timed event as the culprit which is unlikely. But to be sure, if you use rest(4000) instead of yrest(4000) then no timed events will run and you will be 100% sure the bot is not making it attack. So I suggest changing yrest to rest and see if that helps.

Now if it still runs back within the 4 seconds then the problem has to be addon related as we have ruled out the bot. It is either a problem with the madman addon which is unlikely as I'm assuming all it does is press a direction key, or another addon.