ChoiceOptionByName("some choice") being skipped or not seen

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
beanybabe

ChoiceOptionByName("some choice") being skipped or not seen

#1 Post by beanybabe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 am

having trouble trying to use this to complete a quest

it opens a chat "some choice"
then it open chat "some choice" again

both have same name. the problem is some times of day it works fine. some times it has like a 7 second delay till the chat shows up.

and other times it will see the first one but not the second.

i have tried putting delays in and some loops but none i try worked. repeat
yrest(500)
until player:target_NPC("xyz");
yrest(500) -- there can be up to a 7 second delay till the next line shows up
ChoiceOptionByName("some choice") -- first window
yrest(5000) -- tested lots of different delays 0-7000 but it just does not complete next line
ChoiceOptionByName("some choice") --second window
yrest(500) -- this delay does not seem needed.
Some times of day it works ok with just a 100 delay. i dont know why it closes the second window so it cannot see it when doing the ChoiceOoptionbyName

Anyone have any idea how to work this.

noobbotter

Re: ChoiceOptionByName("some choice") being skipped or not s

#2 Post by noobbotter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:48 pm

It sounds like you click an NPC and a selection window opens. When you select an option, then another window opens? Is there any kind of action or event after the first selection is made before the second selection window opens or is it supposed to open automatically right away? I don't know if there is some way to monitor for the selection window to appear or not. I imagine there is a way but I don't know it myself.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:30 pm

beanybabe wrote:yrest(5000) -- tested lots of different delays 0-7000 but it just does not complete next line
ChoiceOptionByName("some choice") --second window
Sounds like you are saying that the second window appears but, it doesn't matter how long a delay you put, it doesn't choose the next option.

Maybe what's happening here is the first ChoiceOptionByName gets done a little early so it doesn't work. Then 5s latter it does the second one on the first window. Then when the second window appears there is no more ChoiceOptionByNames left.

Try increasing the pause immediately after opening the dialog. Or you could wait for the dialog to appear instead - Target_NPC returns true if it finds the npc, not when the dialog appears.

Code: Select all

repeat
    player:Target_NPC("XYZ")
    yrest(500)
until RoMScript("SpeakFrame:IsVisible()")
yrest(500)
ChoiceOptionByName("some choice")
yrest(5000)
ChoiceOptionByName("some choice") 
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

beanybabe

#4 Post by beanybabe » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:43 am

I noticed you had a beta listed micromacro 1.04.174.beta I am trying it now it does not seen to get stuck.

I was using the 103 from svn update

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:54 am

The thing about the svn of micromacro is it doesn't include the exe. It just updates the supporting files. So occasionally you still have to download micromacro from the download pages to update it. That's why I rarely bother with the micromacro repository.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:59 pm

SVN/Git/whatever else are for source distribution, not binary updates. Sure, you *can* fit binary files into there, but that is not the purpose of it and, actually, gets in the way.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:47 pm

MM itself doesn't need to be updated that often anyway, so I find if you have an issue just check the MM download page for new version. If there is a new version then just download it, If the issue still remains then look at other possible causes. Literally takes just a few seconds to go to download page to check.

RoMBot on the other hand is good that it uses SVN.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual