Wailing Fjord Daily/Public Mad Bull

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
noobbotter

Wailing Fjord Daily/Public Mad Bull

#1 Post by noobbotter » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:04 am

Here is a quick daily for the new Zone. I believe this is a level 84 quest. It requires killing Guargo the "Mad Bull" who is an Elite lvl 84 so make sure your character is capable of doing so before running this. I have found that each daily takes anywhere from 65 to 75 seconds.

This will do daily or public version of this quest (there is a normal version of this quest that must be done before it opens it as a daily/public). I can't recall if I tested the public version using the bot. I'm thinking I haven't because it might have a different Quest ID #, but I know when manually playing, you can complete both at the same time. I tried to get this waypoint to do both at the same time but I had issues with it so I scrapped that part of it.

Waypoint User Options:

Set questtype to "daily"(default) or "public" depending on which you want to do.
Set usereset to "true"(default) or "false" for whether or not to use daily reset tickets.
Set publicafterdaily to true to run public quest after the 10 dailies are done. For this option, you must set usereset to "false"
Set maxPlayerLevel to the level to obtain. The default value is 85, so if questtype is "daily" and userest is "true" it will use reset tickets and keep going until player level is 85. If you change this value to 84, it will stop once player level is 84. This value is ignored for public and when not using reset tickets.
Set usePots to true to enable use of pots before engaging the Bull. Default is false so it won't use pots.
Set highSpeed to true to enable use of the speed() userfunction to increase your speed on your mount.

One note to be aware of (IMPORTANT): There is only one Guargo the Mad Bull in the area. Even though he respawns very quickly (about the time you return to the bull area from turning in/accepting the quest, he'll be respawning... unless you didn't loot him) be aware that your bot will quickly piss other people off if you kill the Bull out from under them. If you run this script, keep an eye out for other players and invite them to a party if they are doing the same quest. Then you can just use the del and end keys to pause and resume the bot while waiting for them to keep up with you. But for times when nobody else is doing this quest, it goes pretty well. Just don't blindly run this script and walk away or you will likely end up banned. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Also I have found that they already have a new version of Daily Notes for this area so I might create a new version of this that detects daily notes version and uses it if the version is high enough.

Changes for Version 1.1:
I added the user option for whether or not you want to use your pots so it won't cause users to waste their valuable food when not needed.

Also disabled the use of speed() userfunction to prevent any pullbacks or people wondering why you're going so fast. If you want to use it, set the highSpeed variable to true.
Attachments
FjordMadBull.xml
Fjord Mad Bull daily V.1.1 inclucdes option to use or not use pots. Also will not use speed() but user can enable it.
(8 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Last edited by noobbotter on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

spyfromsiochain

Re: Wailing Fjord Daily/Public Mad Bull

#2 Post by spyfromsiochain » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Using it for the first time today, looks nice, but I would remove the pots it consumes ea time it engages the elite.

In my case it uses Embrace of the muse pot, hero potion, caviar sandwich and 2% marriage food, is this just me? (its not cheap)

Edit: ... cheesecake (def food) roast leg (meme patt food)...

another thing, maybe add a check on the galoping gale so if it is still active, dont use another...

Regards
I look at those fans with no blades and it amazes me everytime, how can they push air without using blades lol - lisa (pro sentence :D)

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:16 pm

spyfromsiochain wrote:Using it for the first time today, looks nice, but I would remove the pots it consumes ea time it engages the elite.

In my case it uses Embrace of the muse pot, hero potion, caviar sandwich and 2% marriage food, is this just me? (its not cheap)

Edit: ... cheesecake (def food) roast leg (meme patt food)...

another thing, maybe add a check on the galoping gale so if it is still active, dont use another...

Regards
Should check for existing buffs pretty much anytime you go to use an item to give a buff. In galloping gales case I would also check the remaining time.

I have an "itembuffs" userfunction posted somewhere which uses all the known buff items at the time and doesn't overlap same groups and such, I use it for boss fights.

http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =itembuffs
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

noobbotter

#4 Post by noobbotter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:27 am

I uploaded a new version that allows the user to select whether they want to use pots or not. By default, this option is off so it won't waste people's valuable food.

Thanks for the input/feedback, spyfromsiochain. I believe the useGoodie function that uses the Galloping Gale shouldn't use another one if one is active. If it is, then the Buff ID might be wrong. Do you know which version of useGoodie you're using? Mine doesn't use one if the buff is active.

Tonight I may go in and add swap class functionality to allow running this daily on your lower second class.

spyfromsiochain

#5 Post by spyfromsiochain » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Well atm is working great, need to change the goodie userfuntion for the correct id.

Btw id of gallopping gale buff is:

riding = {ID = 207204, buffName = 506688, castTime = 1000},

works well for me like that.

the switch for the lower class would be very nice.

I saw it already implemented in a post from Rintintin:

http://solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewtopic ... rlo#p54920

Regards
I look at those fans with no blades and it amazes me everytime, how can they push air without using blades lol - lisa (pro sentence :D)

noobbotter

#6 Post by noobbotter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah, this morning I've already started on the code to implement class swap functionality, and it so happens that I'm basing my class swap off of that particular waypoint file by Rintintin. All I need now is to get home and grab the actual waypoints needed and plug them in. It'll be this evening before I get a chance to do that.

Once it's done I'll update my first post with the new version number (1.2) so just watch for that.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:57 pm

I thought usegoodie (and player:hasBuff) was changed so that it doesn't matter if the id changes as long as the name doesn't?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#8 Post by noobbotter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:49 am

Well, I didn't have time to test this all the way. The last thing I did was add in the correct name/ID of the housemaid (Warehouse Manager). If someone wants to test this while I'm here at work, then if there are any issues I'll know what to work on when I get home (or possibly fix it before I get home). If it seems to work fine, then I'll update the first post with this file.

This one should be able to swap classes. I'll set it to true in the file so you can just download it and run it without having to modify it to test it for the proper class swapping.

Start the waypoint as your higher class with your secondary class being the one you want to use to turn in the quest with. Also, start from snoop in the Wailing Fjord zone.

(Just thought of this but I should probably add in some code to check class level so that it will make sure it's doing the quest on the higher level class and turning it in with the lower level class. That would also allow you to start the waypoint with either class as primary. Maybe I'll add that into the next revision.)
Attachments
FjordMadBull.xml
Fjord Madd Bull V.1.2. Quick daily in new Wailing Fjord zone with class swapping functionality.
(10.78 KiB) Downloaded 265 times

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 am

By the way, where is the new zone and how do you get there?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

ZZZZZ

#10 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:21 am

Need to have completed the quest 'Joining the fight'. This almost the last quest of the main chain within Sarlo. In order to complete this quest you need to kill Maderoth....who happens to be the 5th (last) boss in Belathis. Can be done on any difficulty. After that and a few quests later you get ported to the new zone. Other option is to get somebody that is already there to port you, but you will not have access to the main quest chain until you complete the former.

noobbotter

#11 Post by noobbotter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:23 am

Well, part of the reason I didn't finish testing this yesterday was because someone was taking me through the instance required to open the quests in the new zone (more on that in a minute).

To get to the new zone, best way is to find someone that is already there that can create a portal for you to go through. Once you talk to snoop when you're there, it opens a new transport option from Varanas, OS, and (can't remember the name... the one that takes you toward Chrysalia and Sarlo). Once I got there I did the quests that were available and the dailies, but ended up running out of quests. To open the main questline series of quests (Morrok questline) you have to complete the quest Morrok gives you where you have to defeat the last boss in Belathis (easy mode is fine for this). Yes, they made it a requirement to kill a last boss in an instance to continue the main questline. A lot of people are upset about this, especially the casual players that don't do instances. I was lucky enough to get invited to a group and the main person that was experienced in this instance walked us through it. So now, my main Morrok questline will be open in the new zone. Along with opening the main questline, doing that quest is what opens the portal to the new zone if you hadn't already had someone take you there.

ZZZZZ's post got there before mine... so what he said ^^^^.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 am

I don't think I've ever done any of the main questline quests after getting to Rorazan. Might have to start doing them again. Having to kill an instance boss is a bit rough.

spyfromsiochain

#13 Post by spyfromsiochain » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 pm

I don't think I've ever done any of the main questline quests after getting to Rorazan. Might have to start doing them again. Having to kill an instance boss is a bit rough.
Dont worry rocks :D I got u :D

U can find me in siochain server, I will do the run just for u :D

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks. It's probably going to take ages for me to get that far though. :)

Sasuke

#15 Post by Sasuke » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:56 pm

how can we stio bot after complete 10 dailies?this function not work ty

Code: Select all

<onload>
	function questsDone()
		local dailyQuestCount, dailyQuestsPerDay= RoMScript("Daily_count()");
		if (dailyQuestCount==dailyQuestsPerDay) then
			return true;
		else 
			return false;
		end
	end	

if getQuestStatus("Guargo the Mad Bull") == "complete"  then
		direction = WPT_BACKWARD;
	else
		direction = WPT_FORWARD;
	end

if  questsDone() and questtype 		== "daily" then
		error ("Dailys done for today!",0);
	end
</onload>

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:45 am

It doesn't look like you assign any value to questtype.

runegod

#17 Post by runegod » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:25 am

Forced waypoint type 'TRAVEL' set by user.
The game client did not crash.
1:20am - [string "..."]:172: attempt to call global 'changeOptionFriendMob' (a n
il value)

everytime i start the waypoint, i keep getting this error, no idea how to get it to work

anyone else have this issue,

oh right and another error ikeep getting when i go to the board to grab the quest is this

1:34am - [string "..."]:105: attempt to index global 'questlog' (a nil value)

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:42 am

The error message says changeOptionFriendMob is nil. In other words it doesn't exist. If you search here for changeOptionFriendMob you will see that it is a function from one of Lisas userfunctions. http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 721#p35721. You obviously don't have it installed.

runegod

#19 Post by runegod » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 am

ahh thank you for the quick replies,

i just assume everything was included from the original rombot userfunctions,

well give it a go again, and thanks to everyone who keeps on sharing :)

hmm ok still this problem still occurs for me

oh right and another error ikeep getting when i go to the board to grab the quest is this

1:34am - [string "..."]:105: attempt to index global 'questlog' (a nil value)

i grabbed the userfunctions from the above and solved the first part, but the quest log still shows that error everytime i go to the bullentien board to grab quest, is there other functions that i need to install, already updated my rombot.

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:24 am

The questlog class is another userfunction, this time one of mine. http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 676#p40676

noobbotter should probably add a list of requirements to the first post.