Issues with german client

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ElfonFire

Issues with german client

#1 Post by ElfonFire » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 am

Hallo everyone,
lately there have been some posts about issues with the GetText function, function.lua and so on. I Just registered because I have problems with the german client that might be related.

At the last game patch rombot automatically updated the addresses in addresses.lua. So far so good, now there's a red exclamation mark at the addresses.lua file but I guess that's allright.
But when I start the bot I get this error:

Code: Select all

MACRO Test: ok
Fernkampffähigkeit gefunden: MAGE_FIREBALL
The game client did not crash.
11:55am - D:/Programme/micromacro/scripts/RC3/settings.lua:314: bad argument #1
to 'upper' (string expected, got nil)

Please enter the script name to run.
Type in 'exit' (without quotes) to exit.
Script>
I then looked into the settings.lua file and commented out some code in the function settingsPrintKeys()

Code: Select all

--local keyname;
--if( string.upper(v.key) == "MACRO" ) then
--	keyname = "MACRO";
--else
--	keyname = getKeyName(v.key);
--end
--msg = msg..modname..keyname;	-- add key name
--	printf(msg.."\n");			-- print line
--logMessage(msg);			-- log keyboard settings
Well the bot starts again, but no surprise some scripts do not work as intended. For example I can't target an NPC (it says it works in the micromacro window, but the NPC is not actually selected).

Greetings from Germany and I hope someone has a solution.

BlubBlab

Re: Issues with german client

#2 Post by BlubBlab » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:26 am

I don't think that is a problem around the German client, see blow the other topics.
And also which version is it, maybe you should update? RC3 is really old if that is the version.
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

ElfonFire

#3 Post by ElfonFire » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 am

RC3 is the folder where the bot is still inside, but I think I am up to date with RomBot 3.29, Revision 766.
Maybe it's not about the German Client, however I got no no clue what else is wrong.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:55 am

It's got something to do with your key bindings I think. Have you been messing with your key bindings in game? Are all your hotkeys set up properly in your profile? Try using the default profile and see if it helps. Is your runes of magic character files located in "Eigene Dateien\Runes of Magic" in your documents folder?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

ElfonFire

#5 Post by ElfonFire » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:43 am

rock5 wrote:It's got something to do with your key bindings I think. Have you been messing with your key bindings in game? Are all your hotkeys set up properly in your profile? Try using the default profile and see if it helps. Is your runes of magic character files located in "Eigene Dateien\Runes of Magic" in your documents folder?
Thanks for the hint, changing the key bindings back to default worked. Now everything is perfect again :)