Thinking of doing a genereic speed hack waypoint

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
IronWolf

Thinking of doing a genereic speed hack waypoint

#1 Post by IronWolf » Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 am

Hey guys,

im thinking of starting a new waypoint, based on Lisas "hack" waypoint and on the table i found here on forum,

first why - i find it rather annoying that if i use a speed potion after applying the speed hack, it wont calculate it.

so what i was thinking of is creating a waypoint that will look something like that:

local currentMaxSpeed;
While (true)
{
currentMaxSpeed = 50;
if (playerGotTitle("Escape Artist"))
currentMaxSpeed += 10;
if (playerUsedPotion("Unbridled Enthusiasm")
currentMaxSpeed += 10;

Speed(currentMaxSpeed);
}

what do you guys think? sounds rather easy to implement and it will run in the background making sure that any given time i get max speed without pulling back..

the numbers are just fruits of my imagination, but with a little investigation it can be done i belive..

would love hear oppinions pro and con before i start working on the waypoint (since for me it will mean having to study how to check if i have buff, how to check if i have title, how to check if i have item used).

rock5

Re: Thinking of doing a genereic speed hack waypoint

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 am

Should be doable. Basically you would check for the buffs. If you have the buff then add to currentMaxSpeed. Then, when you want to go faster, you set the speed to currentMaxSpeed + whatever the user specified. When you want to go normal speed you set it to currentMaxSpeed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

IronWolf

#3 Post by IronWolf » Sat May 05, 2012 10:22 am

rock5 wrote:Should be doable. Basically you would check for the buffs. If you have the buff then add to currentMaxSpeed. Then, when you want to go faster, you set the speed to currentMaxSpeed + whatever the user specified. When you want to go normal speed you set it to currentMaxSpeed.

cool i started searching for the right commands and thought maybe i should ask also,

the command for check buff is:
if not player:hasBuff("BuffName") then
DoSomething();

is that correct?

and can you help me with the "has title" and "has potion used"?
though im not sure there is a difference between buffs and potions.

thanks for the help, much appritiated, when i'll finish it and testing it i will post it here.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:36 am

IronWolf wrote:the command for check buff is:
if not player:hasBuff("BuffName") then
DoSomething();

is that correct?
Yes, except you want to know when you do have a buff. So,

Code: Select all

if player:hasBuff("BuffName") then
   currentMaxSpeed = currentMaxSpeed + somenumber
end
IronWolf wrote:and can you help me with the "has title" and "has potion used"?
Typically, most skills and items that spee you up, give you a buff. By a buff I mean an icon appears in the buff frame at the top of the screen. Speed potions give you buffs. Titles, I'm not so sure. Is it a skill that you cast or is it on all the time? Look in the buff frame and see if there is a buff for it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Sat May 05, 2012 7:02 pm

There is a title that gives a speed boost constantlly, it has no buff, so you would need to check for the title. I did post code somewhere for getting titles, a forum search should get it easy enough.

There is another which is a short speed boost and it has a buff when active.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

gloover

#6 Post by gloover » Tue May 08, 2012 7:29 am

lisa wrote:... I did post code somewhere for getting titles, a forum search should get it easy enough. ..

Of course you did it, I remember on it :-) and it works:

if RoMScript("GetCurrentTitle();") == 530427 then
					setSpeed(64.0);
				else
					setSpeed(59.0);
end;

IronWolf

#7 Post by IronWolf » Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 am

gloover wrote:
lisa wrote:... I did post code somewhere for getting titles, a forum search should get it easy enough. ..

Of course you did it, I remember on it :-) and it works:

setSpeed(64.0);
				else
					setSpeed(59.0);
end;
/salute !!

thanks alot, i will need you to show me how you searched cause i swear i searched for it and couldnt find it :\

ok so i got all i need i think, will do it when i get home this evening.. or maybe on the train,

thanks alot guys, i'll post the result here, i will need ppl to experience it and tell me if it needs adjustments :)

IronWolf

#8 Post by IronWolf » Thu May 17, 2012 12:14 am

hey guys, thought i should update,

i ran into 3 problems,
1. lack of time.. as usuall :\
2. seems i also need the ability to check if the player has passive skill (for warrior/rogue speedup passive skill)
3. i cant find the speed table that i previously found.. seems it got deleted or i got poor searching skills, so i will have to do it by trying manually to add and subtract from speed...

if any1 knows for certain the values of speeding i would love it if he can share.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Thu May 17, 2012 2:12 am

Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Thu May 17, 2012 3:00 am

In regards to 2. I don't think there is any other way but to search through all your skills for a matching name. You could use RoMScripts and the in game function http://www.theromwiki.com/API:GetSkillDetail. But maybe it's time I create a bot function to search for skills in memory. The bot already gets skill info from memory when loading your skill set, all I would have to do is create a search function using similar code. It would especially be useful for users to level up passives and skills not covered in the skills database and to use skills in the general and pet tabs. Or like you, just to know if a skill is available.

IronWolf

#11 Post by IronWolf » Thu May 17, 2012 11:47 am

yeah thats what i couldnt find...
what keys did you use to get that on the search?
i did many searchs and couldnt find it :\

thanks alot :)
rock5 wrote:In regards to 2. I don't think there is any other way but to search through all your skills for a matching name. You could use RoMScripts and the in game function http://www.theromwiki.com/API:GetSkillDetail. But maybe it's time I create a bot function to search for skills in memory. The bot already gets skill info from memory when loading your skill set, all I would have to do is create a search function using similar code. It would especially be useful for users to level up passives and skills not covered in the skills database and to use skills in the general and pet tabs. Or like you, just to know if a skill is available.
having the ability to simply ask if skill is available could be very helpful, but i believe that i can make do with existing API, if you ever get a chance to get around to it, i would love it if you could update :)

thanks alot for the help :)

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Nearly forgot about this. I've been working on other updates. I'll see how easy it is to do and see if I can include it in this batch of changes.

Hm... How should it work? I think I'll add an argument to search a specific tab. If I start with a function that just collects the skill data I could use it in the existing code as well. So maybe

GetSkillBookData(_tab)
FindSkillBookSkill(_skillnameorid,_tab)
The tabs would be optional.

I could nearly create a class

CSkillBook.Skill -- table that holds the skill info
CSkillBook:findSkill(skillnameorid) -- finds the skill
CSkillBook:useSkill(skillnameorid) -- uses the skill
But I think it would get too confusing with the current skill class and other ways of using skills.

I think I'll be happy with those first 2 functions. If anyone can think of better names for them, let me know.

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Thu May 17, 2012 6:46 pm

IronWolf wrote:
yeah thats what i couldnt find...
what keys did you use to get that on the search?
i did many searchs and couldnt find it :\

thanks alot :)
It was on the last page of posts for the actual topic of the speed hack, wasn't any need to do a forum search for it.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:24 am

rock5 wrote:Hm... How should it work? I think I'll add an argument to search a specific tab. If I start with a function that just collects the skill data I could use it in the existing code as well. So maybe

GetSkillBookData(_tabs)
FindSkillBookSkill(_skillnameorid,_tabs)
Added in rev715
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =30&t=3803

emmanuel04

#15 Post by emmanuel04 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Im trying to like the too in a WP but im not to kine on how to do so.

setSpeed(64.0);
            else
               setSpeed(59.0);
end;

if player:hasBuff("Unbridled Enthusiasm") then
   currentMaxSpeed = currentMaxSpeed + 10
end;

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 pm

I think the idea is to accumulate values in a variable such as currentMaxSpeed and then set the speed using that variable. So something like this

currentMaxSpeed = 64.0
else
	currentMaxSpeed = 59.0
end;

currentMaxSpeed = currentMaxSpeed + 10
end;

setSpeed(currentMaxSpeed)

dx876234

#17 Post by dx876234 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:29 pm

This is what I use, missing a lot of options for speed increase but does an ok job:

function setMaxSpeed(max)
	local maxSpeed = 55

-- Do the housemaid speed
	eatFood(207200, "Unbridled Enthusiasm")
		maxSpeed = maxSpeed * 1.15 
	end

-- Do the "Escape Artist" title 
	RoMScript("SetTitleRequest(530427)")
	if (RoMScript("GetCurrentTitle()") == 530427) then
		maxSpeed = maxSpeed * 1.10
	end

-- Warr: "Speed Up" 18%?
	local pri, sec = UnitClass("player")
	if(pri == "Warrior" and sec == "Rogue") then
		maxSpeed = maxSpeed * 1.18
	end

-- if max ....
	-- Do the "Spellweaver Potion"
	-- Do Sprint
	-- Do Goodspeed

speed(maxSpeed)
end
**** EDIT ****
Forgot the eatfood stuff:

function eatFood(name, buffname, overlap)
	buffname = buffname or name
	overlap = overlap or 5
	local buff = player:getBuff(buffname);
	if((not buff) or (overlap>buff.TimeLeft)) then
		inventory:useItem(name);
		yrest(1000);
	end;
end;
-dx