Getting skill requirements from memory

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Getting skill requirements from memory

#1 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:44 am

Need a bit of help from the general public.

My new project is getting the skill requirements from memory. Getting the requirements is quite easy. These are the types I've found so far,
  • 0 = no requirements
    2 = Mana
    3 = %HP
    4 = %MP
    5 = Rage
    6 = Focus
    7 = Energy
    9 = Item (eg. Posion Bottle, Herb of Essence)
    13 = Projectile
    14 = Ammunition
    23 = Dead player targeted
As you can see there are a lot of gaps eg. 1, 3, 4, 8 etc.

Can anyone think of any other types of skill requirements? Consider any skill requirements even of Item Set skills. Thanks.

The main reason I'm doing this is because sometimes the character can use up nearly all it's mana and keep trying to cast a skill that it doesn't have enough mana for, because the skills database is wrong. The added bonus is adding support for consumable checks such as projectile, ammunition and item checks.

Getting the mana requirements has always been tricky because it's impossible to find the multiple or 'manainc' of each skill. But I've been looking at the skills and it seems that every single mana skill regardless of class is exactly the same ie. it increments by .1 of the base mana every level until 50 and then it increments by .2. I haven't found any exceptions. So given the base mana, which I can get easily, and the skill level I can calculate the mana required.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kkulesza

Re: Getting skill requirements from memory

#2 Post by kkulesza » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:41 am

-must be in combat state or not in combat state
-player must (not) have a (de)buff of some kind
-target must (not) have a (de)buff of some kind
-can't be moving
-druids have some nature points requirements (this is different from mana and focus)
-must have a specific title assumed

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:39 am

Thanks. I think a better description of what I'm looking for is in order. I'm not looking to fix ALL requirements for skills. Just, while I'm fixing mana, I intend to support whatever other requirements that also appear in that memory offset. I believe none of those you mentioned would appear in that memory location.

A good indicator of what I'm looking for is that I believe they all appear at the top left corner of the skills tooltip. Eg. Here are some examples for the ones I already figured out.
skillreq.jpg
Are there any other requirements that appear there? If you find any, please include the name of the skill.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:14 am

I am guessing you are getting these from memory, maybe make up a userfunction that people can run and if there are any results in the unknown to print the skill to MM window, otherwise just print no new info.

I am sure people won't mind running a script on their char to just print something about skills =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:25 am

I don't need a script run. I don't need any technical skill from users. It's just that those are the only ones I can think of. I'm hoping some users might know of a skill that needs something else, maybe a skill they use. They let me know about the skill. I look it up with Item Preview to get the id. Use GetItemAddress to get the base id address. Then read the 0xC0 offset to see if it's a new type of requirement. I suspect they might be the only ones. Maybe those gaps are just old unused types of requirements from the original WoW conversion. I could always just start with these and if anyone ever discovers new requirements they could be added later.

kkulesza

#6 Post by kkulesza » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:48 pm

K/S elite "Sacred Resistance". This skill has two requirements: 20 focus and 1 ammo piece

Ego95

#7 Post by Ego95 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I didn't play a warlock until know but I know that some skills of " Primary Only" require Soul Points.
The skills you can see here:
http://www.theromwiki.com/Warlock_Skills

If I would be at the computer I would post the skills here but it's a bit difficult and slow to do it on a smartphone :D

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm

kkulesza wrote:K/S elite "Sacred Resistance". This skill has two requirements: 20 focus and 1 ammo piece
Thanks. I already know how to deal will multiple requirements. They are listed one after the other.
AlterEgo95 wrote:I didn't play a warlock until know but I know that some skills of " Primary Only" require Soul Points.
I avoided adding support for the psi skills when I did the dwarf update because they looked confusing to use. And even if someone can explain how best to use them, they might not be appropriate for botting. I think I'll wait until someone wants to use them when botting and can explain how they want them to be used before adding support for them.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 am

I think I'll take the opportunity to change all references of 'concentration' to 'focus'. After I remove all the power requirements from the skills database, there wont be many left.

apple

#10 Post by apple » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:33 am

yo,

iam not sure about these but i'll just post them
blood dance (warrior) needs 5% hp don't now if that counts as requirement too ?

regards apple

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:10 am

How's this for a question?

There are skills that have more than 1 'Uses' requirements such as "Sacred Resistance" kkulesza mentioned. I call them "Uses" requirements because the first word in the tooltip is always "Uses"; "Uses Mana", "Uses Projectile", "Uses Poison Bottle", etc. The first requirement in the above skill is focus. That will be stored in the skill.Focus variable. The second is ammunition. I'm using a skill.Consumable variable for that.

The question is, does anyone know of any skills that have multiple "Uses" requirements that aren't power requirements? Eg. Are there any skills that require an arrow and an item or a projectile and an item or maybe 2 differnet items?

Because if there are, I'll have to put the consumables in a table. If there is only ever only 1 type of consumable then I wont have to. I suspect there is only ever one type of consumable and will work under that assumption for now but I'd like to know if anyone knows differently.
apple wrote:blood dance (warrior) needs 5% hp don't now if that counts as requirement too ?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm after. That comes up as type 3. Hm.. how will I deal with that? Bload Dance already has maxhpper of "-20" which means it wont use the skill if you have less than 20% HP. I couldn't update it to "-5" because then you would die. Maybe I'll just leave it like that. If it was maxmpper we could update it because it wont kill you to run out of mana. So I think I'll skip this one and let it just keep using the values from the skills database.

I wonder if there are any that use %MP.

Jandrana

#12 Post by Jandrana » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 am

I was just checking the RoM Wiki and found this:

Rogue / Warlock: Energy Conservation - Use of this skill requires an HP less than 75%.
Restores 3.0% HP every second until HP reaches 75% or the effect lasts 8.0 seconds.
0 = no requirements
2 = Mana
3 = %HP
5 = Rage
6 = Focus
7 = Energy
9 = Item (eg. Posion Bottle, Herb of Essence)
13 = Projectile
14 = Ammunition
Maybe the missing numbers are not related to a resource, but indicate that special conditions must be checked?

I don't know much about Wardens, but I think some Warden attacks require a certain pet summoned?

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 am

Jandrana wrote:I was just checking the RoM Wiki and found this:

Rogue / Warlock: Energy Conservation - Use of this skill requires an HP less than 75%.
Restores 3.0% HP every second until HP reaches 75% or the effect lasts 8.0 seconds.
This doesn't appear at the memory offset so it's not one of the missing numbers. This requirement can be handled by hpper value, though.
Jandrana wrote:Maybe the missing numbers are not related to a resource, but indicate that special conditions must be checked?
I don't think so. All the ones I've found are things that get "used". No other requirement appears at that location in memory.
Jandrana wrote:I don't know much about Wardens, but I think some Warden attacks require a certain pet summoned?
I don't think we have support for checking if a pet is out. Again, this is not part of this list, but maybe it needs to be added. Not sure how I would add it though.

lisa

#14 Post by lisa » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:13 am

knight has a %MP skill, can't remember it off hand.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 am

lisa wrote:knight has a %MP skill, can't remember it off hand.
Thanks, I found 3 item set skills with MP + %MP. %MP is 4. Thanks for that. So, unlike %HP, should I update the skills with %MP? Wait a sec, there is no maxmpper. So I'll probably avoid this one too.