[Recruiting] Project Ultimate-bot: Not a myth!

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jduartedj

[Recruiting] Project Ultimate-bot: Not a myth!

#1 Post by jduartedj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Project Ultimate-bot: so you think this is a myth?
An easy concept with a hard goal!

Creating a fully functional bot that levels from level 1 to level 60!
Yes, I am talking about a bot that makes it all the way, a bot that PLAYS the game!

Without need anymore explanation here's a list of features:
-Quest delivering for every lvl in batches of 10, or less (for lvl50+)
-Daily Quest gathering and delivering script (runs once every 24hrs when it is handy for the bot)
-Getting the game quest sets of items and using them (Logar, silverspring, Vathos, etc...)
-Random (or not so random) framing for money/XP/TP
-Selling farmed stuff at 50%price in AH and collecting the money / NPCing stuff
-Create a dynamic DONT LOOT/DROP list alongt the lvls
-Always have control over the items inside the bag (sell at control points/drop if <$/LVL) and managing FULL bag status!
-Saying a random "Thanks" sentence once buffed by others. -detects a buff that is not our class/not by us- reduced bottyness -Build a 50+thanks DB
-Last but not the least: a specially designed graph to connect all the waypoints and check stuff like "do daily?" at key positions!

The ultimate bot will be divised in 3 sections now, Char leveling, Harvest Leveling, Pet Leveling. They could be used independently or simultaneously.

[ ----------- RECRUITING ----------- ]

At this moment we are recruiting people to participate in the Ultimate-bot project, this is a private project that uses Rom-Bot but is not directly associated with it! (yet at least xD)
  • Participants should know how to code and preferably in lua.
  • Participants are required a minimum or participation time share.
  • Participants are entitled to run and use the full bot during and after the development exclusively.
  • ALL rom-bot developers are welcome to participate in any way and have access to the project without any commitment to the project as a Thank you Tribute to their hard work!
If you would like to PARTICIPATE then send me a PERSONAL MESSAGE (PM) --- NOW!
any other questions PM me too! ;)

-----------------------------
So far there are 4 people on this project:
jduartedj
swietlowka
Nyra
lisa
Last edited by jduartedj on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

uelkfr

Re: Project Ultimate-bot: so you think this is a myth?

#2 Post by uelkfr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:20 pm

-Random waypoint automata(state) selection. For example, you riding on a mount and there is a tree or a rock in front of you, bot select to walk around from left or to walk around from right of this object. And so on, then farming, interacting quest objects. Not just WAYPOINT_DEVIATION. More complicated/sophisticated, almost undetectable by GM or simple player. Its like a Fallout 2, the Interplay had to pay much time to make their scripts.

Yes, its myth. The bot intented to help you do routine work. You will not get satisfaction by running bot which levels 1 to 60.

If some group will write, its possible only if they would sell it.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:49 pm

I agree it's just a myth.

1. You would still have to restart it every time it crashes and it will.
2. It will still take like months to level to 60.
3. In the higher levels you would still need to manually manage your gear for best performance, either creating stated and tiered gear or buying them.
4. Don't auto sell at 50%. It will drive prices down and piss a lot of people off. Selling items really needs a personal touch.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

affirm

#4 Post by affirm » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:08 am

It'd be more feasable (feasible? can't spell) to simply create waypoints similar to the 1-10 in logar, except to find specific areas where the bot would grind from 10-11 11-12 all the way to 60...You'd simply just have to log on to get new gear every X levels

nokirk

#5 Post by nokirk » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:27 am

Well, at least the equip (except the weapon) is no problem for such a project

You can easily build a levelling equip which will be good from lvl 10 all the way to 60. In the meantime stats have become so powerfull that it doesnt matter much if a cloak for example is lvl 9 or lvl 50. The most important thing in this case is a nice dura. And it doesn't even cost much gold, if you're able to farm the dalanis ini yourself and then use fusionstones with 2 crap stats it's only a couple hundred k and you'll have a very decent equip in the end you can pass on to the next character if you like.

Example: for a melee bot I'd take:
Sta/Patt 57 Sta/114 Patt
Lp/Patt 114 Patt/370 Lp
Sta/Agi 57 Sta/57 Agi
and maybe a Diamond of Imprisionment with 57 Agi/114Patt on top if you like to have even more health use a Fire of Imprisionment with 57 Str/370 Lp.

Then get 6 times the same Fusionstone with 2 stats from auctionhouse and 2 clean T4 items.

This is what you get (taking the version with a diamond):
940 Lp and 479 Patt and some extra armor from the Sta on one item. (calculating with 1.2 patt for every dex)
Putting this on an item with >100 dura it will be 1128 Lp and 575 Patt.

It costs:
~6*50k for the 6 fusionstones=300k
8 transmutions
1 cloak ~ 10k

Every class has at least 15 slots you can equip, so you can easily have 16920 life points and 8625 physical attack points. At lvl 10 ! All items will even be T4.
It costs ~ 5 kk overall.

I like the idea of such a bot but programming all the quests and figuring out the best order is hell of a lot of work. I've been making the bot do all quests in Howling Mountains and it was quite some work. Without doing quests it would take too long to lvl 60.

swietlowka

#6 Post by swietlowka » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:49 am

quest are the essence, and even going from 1 to 60 manually and just recording all u do is much of a work, then u have to work it out one line after one to pick quest, pick quests line, pick rewards and stuf... its a huge project, no person would be alone capable of doing it imho

jduartedj

#7 Post by jduartedj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 am

Thank You for all the replies :D

@uelkfr: True i like your way of thinking in the random department (you must be a random dude xD) and random is of key when it comes to botting. Personally i'd rather think it is not a myth, but a very hard job! The idea would be to get a group of ppl to do it and once done think of the possibilities: Doing a bot DoD RAID? ... yes, keep thinking!

@rock5: ouch! talk about criticism...! Nah it's good, constructive! I must agree at your point 1. but then again it happens to EVERY bot! at point 2. Not really sure if it'd take MONTHS but a long time yes... it is expected. (but once done you can do like 6 at the same time!) 3. Yes that is much true it is what I think to be the less botted part yet ARMORING, and 4. I was a bit careless there 90% would suffice and it wouldn't crash the economy, as long as it'd be sold!

@affirm: yeah well, that is the base of the idea/project!

@nokirk: I love your armoring skills (I have close to none), and like I said before that is one part that is still very much manual! But you have a good point! doing that would improved and assure the bot for many levels, and maybe all 60! It is a matter to be tweaked!

@swietlowka: I agree! Quests are very important! indeed the best/hardest part would be getting the waypoints to deal w/ quests, the best quests, the most bottable quests and so on. The questing part would have to be carefully chosen and enhanced!

Given this for all of those who think this CAN be done, what do you say to assembling a team to work on it?
Reply here and/or PM me inf you want in!

swietlowka

#8 Post by swietlowka » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:07 am

i could work some on this project, but first issue have in mind is to think about how to tell the bot where he should start when restarting after crash, if this is solved we can move on

jduartedj

#9 Post by jduartedj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:22 am

swietlowka wrote:i could work some on this project, but first issue have in mind is to think about how to tell the bot where he should start when restarting after crash, if this is solved we can move on

Good point! But in my "architecture" of this project that could be solved.

It would have to proceed w/ the current(last) waypoint path until he reaches a "keypoint" and in a key point it would have a special script to check on many things and the main one would be if he need to proceed with a different path!

I'm very pleased to know you're 'onboard'! Now it's a matter of recruiting/contacting and starting! I guess we'd need a group of 4-6 people to start with! ;)

swietlowka

#10 Post by swietlowka » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:40 am

keypoint you say, im curious how you see it, but ok, lets say ur an architect for the solutions, in the first place i can supply a script for the elven island, and maybe some other places...

it looks really nice to have such a bot im not 100% sure thou if it should be 100% open for the public

jduartedj

#11 Post by jduartedj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 am

swietlowka wrote:keypoint you say, im curious how you see it, but ok, lets say ur an architect for the solutions, in the first place i can supply a script for the elven island, and maybe some other places...
Well yeah, keypoint!

My main idea would be creating a script that checks for various general stuff (enough XP, items, dura, etc..) and then in every waypoint file 1 of the point would be a "keypoint" and that "keypoint" would be "connected" to 1 or more waypoint files so that the bot stops at keypoint and runs the script and then the script decides which way to go, like a crossroads of waypoints if you will! so the bot always haves a place to be, a return point.

Tricky part is that each keypoint would have to be programmed individually even if there is a general script to check on stuff.

swietlowka

#12 Post by swietlowka » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:56 am

im not sure if theres a way, but if we could check where are we (on map) we could instant send the script from the first waypoint to closest waypoint... to make that keypoint we would have to somehow override the place where we are atm and just run functions

jduartedj

#13 Post by jduartedj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:20 am

swietlowka wrote:im not sure if theres a way, but if we could check where are we (on map) we could instant send the script from the first waypoint to closest waypoint... to make that keypoint we would have to somehow override the place where we are atm and just run functions
I don't think you got it: The principle is pretty basic, At waypoint X in every waypoint file run the script, if we have to move somewhere else load a different waypoint path!
This is given that all the loadable waypoint paths START at the keypoint! (and End at a keypoint-this one or another-)

A ----- waypoints ---- B

or

A --- looping waypoints ---- A

A,B are keypoints

you can then construct a graph that may be enourmous

'''''''''''''''''''Loop
'''''''''''''''''''''|
A--------B--------C---------D
'''''''''''''''''''''|
'''''''''''''''''''Loop

(ignore the apostrophes «'» they represent white spaces)
so here we already have 4 diff scripts, at B the bot would have to decide based of all the factores to: go back to A (still have quests there or level is too low?) do any of the loops (ther may be more than 2 ofc) and the loops may be quests or farming.... or move on to C (reached certain lvl etc...)

The greatest difficulty i see is to programme the returning to a "main keypoint" (or the skipping of some keypoints) because if you follow the logic you will then have some ramifications and a "main waypoint" could be like the center of a city where the bot has many choices like farming dailies, questing, moving on to the next city etc.... whereas the regular keypoints could decide simples tasks like got to a higher/lower lvl loop or randomize the choice of loops to decrease bottyness etc...

swietlowka

#14 Post by swietlowka » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 am

oh u mean like this...
hmm but if so we would need to make this waypoint one file waypoint so the bot knows where to start after restart of waypoint, i belive that would make it work... but complicate things much as working on one big file is always harder

jduartedj

#15 Post by jduartedj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 am

swietlowka wrote:oh u mean like this...
hmm but if so we would need to make this waypoint one file waypoint so the bot knows where to start after restart of waypoint, i belive that would make it work... but complicate things much as working on one big file is always harder
I agree, I dind't mean to put it under one file.

We must now get some more followers or else this becomes an impossible task :S

-----------------------------

So far there are 3 people on this project:
jduartedj
swietlowka
Nyra