is there a maximum string for INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE??

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Valleyguy

is there a maximum string for INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE??

#1 Post by Valleyguy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 pm

I am trying to find a way to add all the runes you can pick up but they all are different names (strike strife magic etc.. ) its a pretty long list is there somewhere i can just make a list and reference it to 1 word? i.e. Runes would not sell any rune stones (production or strife - magic - strike etc... )

Code: Select all

<option name="INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE"      value="Potion,Medicine,Salve,Herbs,Formula,Mana Stone,Spirit Stone,Rune,Vigor,Quickness,Resistance,Mind,Vitality,Harm,Strike,Shell,Endurance,Magic,Defense,Triumph,Rouse,Guts,Excite,Payback,Atonement" />
this is just the Rank 0 and Rank 1 runes .... theres lots more i wouldn't want the bot to sell if picked up ...

rock5

Re: is there a maximum string for INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE??

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Valleyguy wrote:I am trying to find a way to add all the runes you can pick up but they all are different names (strike strife magic etc.. ) its a pretty long list is there somewhere i can just make a list and reference it to 1 word? i.e. Runes would not sell any rune stones (production or strife - magic - strike etc... )

<option name="INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE"      value="Potion,Medicine,Salve,Herbs,Formula,Mana Stone,Spirit Stone,Rune,Vigor,Quickness,Resistance,Mind,Vitality,Harm,Strike,Shell,Endurance,Magic,Defense,Triumph,Rouse,Guts,Excite,Payback,Atonement" />
this is just the Rank 0 and Rank 1 runes .... theres lots more i wouldn't want the bot to sell if picked up ...
First off, you only pick up rank 0 runes. The other ones need to be made or bought.

But if you still want to safeguard against selling ANY runes you could do something like this instead " I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII". That's what I do. No wait, wont work for you because the spaces get stripped away. If you want to use this you'll have to change a line in inventory.lua. Let me know if you do and I'll give you more instructions.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

#3 Post by MiesterMan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:16 am

rock5 wrote:
Valleyguy wrote:I am trying to find a way to add all the runes you can pick up but they all are different names (strike strife magic etc.. ) its a pretty long list is there somewhere i can just make a list and reference it to 1 word? i.e. Runes would not sell any rune stones (production or strife - magic - strike etc... )

First off, you only pick up rank 0 runes. The other ones need to be made or bought.

But if you still want to safeguard against selling ANY runes you could do something like this instead " I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII". That's what I do. No wait, wont work for you because the spaces get stripped away. If you want to use this you'll have to change a line in inventory.lua. Let me know if you do and I'll give you more instructions.
I do, I'd very much like to do that!

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:48 am

MiesterMan wrote: I do, I'd very much like to do that!
In inventory.lua around line 469 replace this line

local hf_explode = string.gsub (settings.profile.options.INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE, "%s*[;,]%s*", "\n");	-- replace ; with linefeed
with this line

local hf_explode = string.gsub (settings.profile.options.INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE, "[;,]", "\n");	-- replace ; with linefeed
Now you can include starting and ending spaces in your search terms as they don't get removed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

MiesterMan

#5 Post by MiesterMan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:06 am

Awsome, thank you!

Because of my having to leave those words in I always got stuck with magic purple cloaks and axes and recipes with wood and stuff in them. It was a huge pain. This solves almost all of those annoying inventory filling things.

Next thing would be to add keywords that expand into whole sections like CraftingRunes = {"Frost Rune,Activate Rune,Blend Rune,Link Rune,Disenchant Rune,Purify Rune"} and in this case SocketRunes = {" I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII"}. (The harvesting one is a lil big for me to put here and I don't have all the info)

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 am

MiesterMan wrote:Next thing would be to add keywords that expand into whole sections like CraftingRunes = {"Frost Rune,Activate Rune,Blend Rune,Link Rune,Disenchant Rune,Purify Rune"} and in this case SocketRunes = {" I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII"}. (The harvesting one is a lil big for me to put here and I don't have all the info)
The problem with that idea is, if it can be done, it would not be very useful. Who would want to collect ALL SocketRunes. I drop " I" and " II" stones myself. I even drop some of the cheaper " III"s. Same with crafting runes. Some of them are too cheap and not worth collecting. Who collects Link Runes for example.

So if it could be done it would be difficult to implement it to be useful to the majority of users.

Valleyguy

#7 Post by Valleyguy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:11 am

rock5 wrote:
MiesterMan wrote:Next thing would be to add keywords that expand into whole sections like CraftingRunes = {"Frost Rune,Activate Rune,Blend Rune,Link Rune,Disenchant Rune,Purify Rune"} and in this case SocketRunes = {" I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII"}. (The harvesting one is a lil big for me to put here and I don't have all the info)
The problem with that idea is, if it can be done, it would not be very useful. Who would want to collect ALL SocketRunes. I drop " I" and " II" stones myself. I even drop some of the cheaper " III"s. Same with crafting runes. Some of them are too cheap and not worth collecting. Who collects Link Runes for example.

So if it could be done it would be difficult to implement it to be useful to the majority of users.
Thanks for the fix Rock it is a huge thing allot of ppl filter by start and end of item names it might be something to just include in the next svn update for all to use.

I am fine just including the I, II, III I don't think you can pick up higher then III on normal drops (I am not past picking up II's myself actually so i cant say for certain ..) but its useful to have them all in there encase you happened to have bought that nice T9 item and forgot it in your inventory and started a way point up that auto sells it! :)

I now can filter by # as well 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (mana stones Tier 1, Tier 2 etc...)

Thx

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:17 am

Valleyguy wrote:Thanks for the fix Rock it is a huge thing allot of ppl filter by start and end of item names it might be something to just include in the next svn update for all to use.
I never committed this change because it could potentially cause people to loose items and I didn't want to be responsible for that.

For example imagine someone had some expensive items in their inventory like a "Potential V" and some "Hero Potion"s. And lets say they have "... , Potential , Hero Potion , ..." as part of INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE.

Currently, because the spaces near the commas are ignored a match will occur so the expensive items wont be sold. But, if I change it, when they upgrade, the search terms will no longer match so they will be sold. This could potentially cost the user a lot of money.

It would be nice if we could implement some sort of warning system. This is how I envision it working. When you start a new version of the bot for the first time with an important message, it displays an detailed explanation of what you need to do or what you need to know. Then there needs to be some way to acknowledge that you have read the message. Maybe a variable in the profile or in userfunctions.lua? And at the end of the message it would say something like "To acknowledge this message add this line to userfunctions.lua" or " add this option variable to your profile". Then when you next start the bot it detects the variable so doesn't display the message. If we need to send a message in a future version we just need to change the value of the variable to the new value to acknowledge the new message.

Anyway that's something I've been thinking about. I don't know how practical it is though.

Valleyguy

#9 Post by Valleyguy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 am

rock5 wrote:
Valleyguy wrote:Thanks for the fix Rock it is a huge thing allot of ppl filter by start and end of item names it might be something to just include in the next svn update for all to use.
I never committed this change because it could potentially cause people to loose items and I didn't want to be responsible for that.

For example imagine someone had some expensive items in their inventory like a "Potential V" and some "Hero Potion"s. And lets say they have "... , Potential , Hero Potion , ..." as part of INV_AUTOSELL_IGNORE.

Currently, because the spaces near the commas are ignored a match will occur so the expensive items wont be sold. But, if I change it, when they upgrade, the search terms will no longer match so they will be sold. This could potentially cost the user a lot of money.

It would be nice if we could implement some sort of warning system. This is how I envision it working. When you start a new version of the bot for the first time with an important message, it displays an detailed explanation of what you need to do or what you need to know. Then there needs to be some way to acknowledge that you have read the message. Maybe a variable in the profile or in userfunctions.lua? And at the end of the message it would say something like "To acknowledge this message add this line to userfunctions.lua" or " add this option variable to your profile". Then when you next start the bot it detects the variable so doesn't display the message. If we need to send a message in a future version we just need to change the value of the variable to the new value to acknowledge the new message.

Anyway that's something I've been thinking about. I don't know how practical it is though.
totally understand! just saying it is something I all ready seen allot of ppl put I II III IV in their filters not knowing that the bot wont see them anyway so they are filtering and wasting cpu power to fail and sell the item already. maybe wiki would be a place to put warnings such as this it would catch allot of the ones learning how to use that part but it still wouldn't do anything for the 1000's of profiles already made and out there...

Valleyguy

#10 Post by Valleyguy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 pm

new problem its kinda related can anyone successfully find a tag that works for recipes? i have tried everything i can not find a flag that will stop autoselling recipes ..

I.E. "Recipe - Enhanced Long Staff" -
i tried recipe
nope
i tried recipe -
nope
even tried the full name
Recipe - Long Staff
nope it still sells the bloody thing and debug only gives me the item id for it ...

any ideas?

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:47 am

Valleyguy wrote:new problem its kinda related can anyone successfully find a tag that works for recipes? i have tried everything i can not find a flag that will stop autoselling recipes ..

I.E. "Recipe - Enhanced Long Staff" -
i tried recipe
nope
i tried recipe -
nope
even tried the full name
Recipe - Long Staff
nope it still sells the bloody thing and debug only gives me the item id for it ...

any ideas?
I don't think it's possible. For some reason recipes don't return names so there is no name to do a match with. It may have something to do with why you can't do searches for recipes or cards at the Auction House. Although the ingame function GetBagItemInfo() does return the name. You could filter by color by using INV_AUTOSELL_QUALITY.

swietlowka

#12 Post by swietlowka » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:18 am

oh thats why i never got the freaking unimaginable salad recipe :O

Valleyguy

#13 Post by Valleyguy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:48 am

rock5 wrote: I don't think it's possible. For some reason recipes don't return names so there is no name to do a match with. It may have something to do with why you can't do searches for recipes or cards at the Auction House. Although the ingame function GetBagItemInfo() does return the name. You could filter by color by using INV_AUTOSELL_QUALITY.

Thats what i did i removed the green flag now the bot will fill up sooner by just selling off whites but theres still lots of recipes i am missing on my main so the bot will shut down sooner once his inv is too full of greens and i'll have to manually sell no biggie.

MiesterMan

#14 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 pm

rock5 wrote:

You're right about that, most ppl just toss all their runes but I save mine to use for crafting so I don't have to farm them later. As for the SocketRunes I agree with that too, I've been collecting them all but have been thinking about just selling the I's and II's. It cost too many charges to bring them up.

But what I was really wanting was an expandable keyword for harvesting. I imagined all the different kinds of woods and their different tiers being in a matrix where you could list the select which tier of harvesting you wanted to put in instead of typing them all out. But looking at it I found it to be difficult seperating the tiers so one big variable with all the items would be it.