Run WaypointFile2 after WaypointFile1

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Edamh

Run WaypointFile2 after WaypointFile1

#1 Post by Edamh » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:06 pm

I want to run chars through Andor Training Ground AND Course of Terror. Currently, I have two separate waypoint files that I call independently. I'd like to chain/link the two waypoint files so that after running all the selected chars through WP1, WP2 is then loaded and again all chars are run through WP2. Is that possible?

I currently have "When_Finished" to "charlist" in WP1 so that all the selected chars are iterated through WP1. What would I set in the "When_Finished" variable so that when the last character in the charlist in WP1 is finished, WP2 is then loaded?

Or should I just have one large WP that combines all the waypoints from both WP files?

Thanks.

rock5

Re: Run WaypointFile2 after WaypointFile1

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:17 pm

I've though about adding that functionality but opted not to, it adds complexity that is not necessary. It's easy enough to start the second WP manually after the first one is finished. Usually, though, you can chain the 2 WPs so that each character does both WPs before loading the next character. It's preferable, too, because it has been shown that you can only change characters a certain number of times before the game crashes, so you should be trying to reduce the number of times you change character.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

#3 Post by kenzu38 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I think you just have to customize your CoT script a bit. Look for these lines in CoT waypoint:

Code: Select all

elseif When_Finished == "charlist" then
			SetCharList(CharList)
			LoginNextChar()
			loadPaths(__WPL.FileName);
and then change it to this:

SetCharList(CharList)
accnum = RoMScript("LogID")
charnum = RoMScript("CHARACTER_SELECT.selectedIndex")
firstcharinlist = CharList[1]["chars"][1] or 1
lastcharinlist = CharList[1]["chars"][#"chars"] or 8
if charnum == lastcharinlist then
ChangeChar(firstcharinlist, accnum)
waitForLoadingScreen()
loadPaths("WP2")
else
			LoginNextChar()
			loadPaths(__WPL.FileName)
end
I think the above should work. Although, only if you are working with one account, it would be a bit more complicated if your charlist consists of multiple accounts.

EDIT: I think this should work for multiple accounts:

SetCharList(CharList)
accnum = RoMScript("LogID")
charnum = RoMScript("CHARACTER_SELECT.selectedIndex")
firstcharinlist = CharList[1]["chars"][1] or 1
lastcharinlist = CharList[#CharList]["chars"][#"chars"] or 8
firstaccinlist = CharList[1]["account"]
lastaccinlist = CharList[#CharList]["account"]
if charnum == lastcharinlist and accnum ==  lastaccinlist then
ChangeChar(firstcharinlist, firstaccinlist)
waitForLoadingScreen()
loadPaths("WP2")
else
			LoginNextChar()
			loadPaths(__WPL.FileName)
end
These codes are untested though. Just trying to help. And you'll need a bit more fixing if you have a nested charlist.

Also, just a reminder, you have to make sure that you start the bot using your first char in the account so that all chars get to do CoT.

EDIT: polished the code a bit. Didn't take into account that some people might not have the first char as first in their list.
Last edited by kenzu38 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:56 pm

rock5 wrote:Usually, though, you can chain the 2 WPs so that each character does both WPs before loading the next character. It's preferable, too, because it has been shown that you can only change characters a certain number of times before the game crashes, so you should be trying to reduce the number of times you change character.
That is exactly what I do and I just do 1 account at a time, any more than that and I get crashes.
So 8 chars through the 2 games then start a new client and do the next account.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:58 pm

I used to be able to just manage 2 account with 7 alts each, so 14.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro