Problems with 753

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Junk

Problems with 753

#1 Post by Junk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:08 am

I'm having some troubles with my bot after updating and reverting everything.

I can get it working by copying an old lib.lua and rom.lua over the latest ones, but if I do that then there are random things that don't work (e.i. having LOOT ALL set to true doesn't loot more than one thing, and I can't get the bot to loot mysterious bags, and one of my characters won't attack the mechanisms in Survival... there are probably more that I am either not remembering or don't know about).

Any idea why I'm getting this error?

lisa

Re: Problems with 753

#2 Post by lisa » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:30 am

my guess is because it says MM version is beta 1, I think last main release was beta 4 but there is also a test version called beta 6.

Either way just update MM and it will probably be fine.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 am

Also why did you copy over lib.lua and rom.lua? What changes did they have? Typically you shouldn't do this because if those files have changed in the svn then you will loose those changes. The best way to deal with personal changes you want to keep is to just do an svn update. Usually the svn update will merge the current svn changes to your files leaving your changes untouched. Of course the file icons will be red which is ok. The only time you have a problem is if the svn update is trying to add changes to the same part of the file that you changed. Then you will get a conflict. If you want to keep your changes you will have to learn how to resolve that conflict. The way to do this is to close the svn update then right click the conflicted file and select "TortoiseSVN/Edit Conflicts". I think that's the option. Then you need to work out how to use it. It's too complex to explain here but basically you need to click the toolbar button to go to each conflict and select the code you want in the saved file from either the left or right or both sections. Then click save. Once you are happy with the files as it is you might have to right click it and select "TortoiseSVN/Resolved" to get rid of the extra temporary files it created.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Junk

#4 Post by Junk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 am

Woops, forgot to post this as well. Already updated and reverted MM as well, so I may be doing something wrong there I guess.

And rock5, I didn't do any personal changes to those files. I only copied old versions over the new ones because lib.lua and bot.lua were mentioned in the error messages I was getting. I just did it to test, and it got the results I mentioned. I've been trying to get everything to work with your most current Commits and I haven't been successful. I have only ever done personal stuff to the skills file for some Champion skills (which I also reverted back while testing), and WayPoints and Profiles of course.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 am

Doing an svn update on the micromacro folder unfortunately does not update the micromacro executable and a few other files because they are not included in the svn. You have to download the program first then update it via svn if you wish. Download it from here
http://www.solarstrike.net/micromacro

If the bot.lua and lib.lua have not been changed then make sure they have green icons.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Junk

#6 Post by Junk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:32 am

Thank you Lisa and rock5, I'm not sure if I knew that and SVN update wouldn't update the program itself, or if I knew and just forgot.

Everything runs now, and mysterious bags are being looted again. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to test if it attacks the mechanisms in Survival.

Junk

#7 Post by Junk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Well, it didn't seam to change anything in regards to the Bizarre Mechanisms. Only one of my characters doesn't attack them. What would I need to look at for that other than the profile? I don't have anything in the profile telling them NOT to attack, and I have the level differences set to attack about anything in the game...

I did just add "Bizarre Mechanism" to the list of mobs that the character WILL attack, so I'll know if that changed anything tomorrow.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Firstly make sure you are using the very latest version of survival. Current version is 2.72.

If it still doesn't work show me your profile.

Junk

#9 Post by Junk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 am

I had the right version, but a re-download and paste-over fixed it.

Thanks.