ks farming strats

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
Espy

Re: ks farming strats

#261 Post by Espy » Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 am

Thank you, lease link in the comment the new running rogue script, also, could u sugest what distance would be good? is 50 ok combat distance or should i go lower/higher? And if i change all the loot options to true would that do the trick?

lisa

#262 Post by lisa » Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 pm

ok well here it is.
KSredloot.xml
(14.32 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
I changed loot to true and also loot sigils to false.
There is also a junkitems list at the top now for deleting when bags are checked.

Code: Select all

junkitems ={
	"Suspicious-looking Powder",
	"Grapefruit",
	"Amulet of Light",
	"Juice Concentrate",
	}

This is the rogue version that uses pet perfume.
KSred.xml
(14.54 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Espy wrote:fell off as usual path but ended up dying
I never had any chars die from that cliff and I have logged 10,000's of hours in KS.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Espy

#263 Post by Espy » Wed May 14, 2014 6:20 am

I am running the new version u uploaded yesterday and it works fine, only 1 question, my guy runs through the mobs and unless they agro him he doesnt attack them, I havent touched anything in the script so its the exact same u uploaded. Is that normal? cause I am lvl 85 so i end up skipping 1/3 of the mobs.
What part of the code do i need to change?

Espy

#264 Post by Espy » Wed May 14, 2014 6:39 am

I changed name="COMBAT_DISTANCE" to 50 from 25 and restarted the bot, and now it works fine.
Even though, I hadn't changed it yesterday night and it was working perfectly.
Was that the actual cause or might it be something else?

lisa

#265 Post by lisa » Wed May 14, 2014 7:12 am

my guess look for this in your profile.

<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_ABOVE" value="3" />
		<option name="TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW" value="10" />
change TARGET_LEVELDIF_BELOW to 50.

Apart from that it should work fine, I have a lvl 90 R/* that runs the same WP, just with the pet perfume version and it does 3.4M/H with it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#266 Post by lisa » Thu May 15, 2014 9:08 am

Seems to be a lot more KS botters lately, instance has reached it's limit pretty much 24/7 atm, makes me laugh looking at entrance to instance and seeing all the bots running off into a wall because they couldn't enter the instance, obviously they don't use my WP's as I built in code to deal with it so the bots don't just run off into a wall ;)

Espy

#267 Post by Espy » Fri May 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Is there a way we can put in the script to check for the maiden buff? I know we have for mount, something like check() mount or similar and if not use .... end
Can we do it for maiden pot (drop rate from housemaid) and for the unbound enthusiasm? thats the only thing that makes me be a bit :| about the code, everything else perfect!

lisa

#268 Post by lisa » Fri May 16, 2014 5:06 pm

you do that in your profile's onleavecombat section, I thought I had posted profiles as examples?

if not player:hasBuff(506687) then -- housemaid luck
		inventory:useItem(207203)
	end
	if not player:hasBuff(503479) then -- pet perfume
		inventory:useItem(207582)
	end
	if not player:hasBuff(501647) then --potent luck
		inventory:useItem(202322)
	end

Espy

#269 Post by Espy » Mon May 19, 2014 4:57 pm

I have 2 more notes to add to the KSredloot script
Note number 1, at waypoint 26 character moves very close to the edge and he has fallen off twice in these 7 runes, maybe bad luck but its no big deal, since he leaves party and then repeats, only waste of time.
Second note is I have been getting often the line :
Was pulled back. Reseting waypoint.
which makes him go back to an earlier waypoint. however some times it is impossible though a strait line (i.e. gone down the stairs tries to go back to another point walks into wall then breaks party)
How do i get rid of the cause of that command? and if i cant can I make it go to its nearest point instead of backtrace to infinity?
Thank you very much in advance :)

lisa

#270 Post by lisa » Mon May 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Sounds to me like you are having issues that aren't caused by the WP.

Is you ping very high?
Is your connection irregular, ping spikes to very high occasionally?
Are you trying to have to many things running for the specs of your PC?
Are you using some speed hacks to try and make it go faster?

Espy

#271 Post by Espy » Mon May 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Is you ping very high?
sometimes yes it spices up
Is your connection irregular, ping spikes to very high occasionally?
No internet is good, never had any problems with it
Are you trying to have to many things running for the specs of your PC?
PC specs are very good, but i usually have 2 roms open and i usually whatch a show online
Are you using some speed hacks to try and make it go faster?
No. no speed hacks or anything, only whats provided in the code you guys have.

But from thoese questions i see its nothing wrong with the code but its my pc or internet connection. thank you :)
well if it cant be fixed its not the end of the world but was just wondering

lisa

#272 Post by lisa » Mon May 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Espy wrote:But from thoese questions i see its nothing wrong with the code but its my pc or internet connection.
The WP I have posted on this topic I have run for many many days straight without any issues, so yeah I am pretty confident that the WP's aren't the issue.

Ahead

#273 Post by Ahead » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:03 am

Hi you all people!.

I'm testing Lisa's first KSMagma for mage she posted.
It's working fine more or less, what i find a little bit annoying is that character waste too much time sat (while looting), like 10 seconds. I have lootomatic looting everything but some shits i selected to not being looted. And it's weird because i remember i used like 2 years ago a script which ran very fluently (i mean: loot - stand - loot - stand. Very fast).
I don't know why character opens the shop (Pancer) twice o.O
I don't know too why when the script starts, it shows in console: "Go to sleep at x/x/x. Press SUPR to wake up".

The issue i'm asking about is that if is there a way of avoid character to sat that long time, making it faster.

The rest if f** perfect and nice.

Thanks!

Edit: In the console when looting appears "We didnt move to the loot!? Root buff? Missing "click to move" option?. (And i think that's the issue but don't know how to fix it).

Espy

#274 Post by Espy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Well i had the same problem with the loot standing on it forever, but i changed in lootomatic from dont loot to just drop, so now it loots it and drops it instantly, but when bag is full and until u get to next checkbackpack() command part it does it and u loose from 30sec-1min or more.
Also, I remember there was a part in the code that would drop stuff like production runes and anything with value of 1000 gold or less.

lisa

#275 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Espy wrote: Well i had the same problem with the loot standing on it forever, but i changed in lootomatic from dont loot to just drop, so now it loots it and drops it instantly, but when bag is full and until u get to next checkbackpack() command part it does it and u loose from 30sec-1min or more.
Yeah these WP aren't designed to work with looting addons, such as lootomatic. Addons like that would need to be dealth with differently and obviously not every uses such addons so it was better for me to design the WP without such addons.
Espy wrote: Also, I remember there was a part in the code that would drop stuff like production runes and anything with value of 1000 gold or less.
That is correct, it drops all useless/low value items without the need of addons.

ZZZZZ

#276 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 am

Espy wrote:Well i had the same problem with the loot standing on it forever, but i changed in lootomatic from dont loot to just drop, so now it loots it and drops it instantly, but when bag is full and until u get to next checkbackpack() command part it does it and u loose from 30sec-1min or more.
Also, I remember there was a part in the code that would drop stuff like production runes and anything with value of 1000 gold or less.
Not sure about Lootomatic, been a year or so since I used it, but Lootit! (basically Lootomatic but with a few more features) has an option - 'Close after loot', that instantly closes it as soon as it opens and loots, if you use that and set the bot to not loot again (if it didn't loot everything off the mob) then farming becomes really fast.

Ahead

#277 Post by Ahead » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:40 pm

It seems to be more or less fixed with the Lootit! addon (although the character is looting the same mob twice o.O).

And why after character spawns it appears to me in console the next message:

"Go to sleep at 06/29/14 23:36:35. Press SUPR to wake up".

And bot get stuck???.

Thanks for replies ^^.

ZZZZZ

#278 Post by ZZZZZ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Ahead wrote:It seems to be more or less fixed with the Lootit! addon (although the character is looting the same mob twice o.O).
Set this value in your profile to 0 - <option name="LOOT_AGAIN" value="0" />
or
Add this to your waypoints onload - changeProfileOption("LOOT_AGAIN", 0)

Espy

#279 Post by Espy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:04 pm

I am having trouble with the good old "Was pulled back. Reseting waypoint." I know that my internet is not the best and its probably due to that, but is there a way to implement the following thing:

If you get that message instead of getting "pulled back" to just search closest waypoint and go there (like when you run the script for the 1st time when it opens, it doesn't start from 1, it starts from closest waypoint)

or instead of Press "End" Key to pause the bot, type in Ctrl+L re-opening bot, re-load your character and re-choose your script to run, to have a command that makes it re-run the cript with the same character loaded without the long process or a command that searches for closest waypoint?

Its annoying cause I do tend to get the problem alot, and its not only for KS I made another simple script, jsut walk from A to B to C etc... and it will jump from C back to A and its just frustrating.

rock5

#280 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm

There is supposed to be a mechanism where if you get pulled back then so should your waypoint. It doesn't just look for the closest, though, because that could cause it to jump to a completely different part of certain waypoint files. Instead what it does (or supposed to do) is wind the waypoint number back until it finds 2 waypoints it is between then continue from there. That's safer. Effectively it's the same as finding the nearest waypoint.

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying that it takes a really long time to "reset the waypoint" and finding the nearest waypoint? Or are you just getting frustrated that it's getting pulled back? Are you using the speed userfunction? If so, what speed are you using?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro