ks farming strats

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
lisa

Re: ks farming strats

#241 Post by lisa » Fri May 02, 2014 5:57 am

Espy wrote:attempt to call global 'setwindow' (a nil value)
Anytime you see a message like that just do a forum search for what is inside the ' ' as it will 99% of the time be a userfunction you don't have.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =setwindow
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Espy

#242 Post by Espy » Fri May 02, 2014 6:08 am

oh thank you!
i went to the other post and downloaded it, where do i save it?
i saved it in the rom file,
then i wnet to run it again but i got the same error, i found the file manually and it says:

opening userfunction_setwindow.lua . . .
srating script execution - Press CTRL+C to exit.
press CTRL+L to cancel execution and load a new script.

and then im back to square one again :/

please enter the script name to run.
type 'exit' to exit

so where should i save it? and if it doesnt matter and i just find it manually, what do i do after?
sorry for not understanding the basics, cause i assume it is a simple thing

lisa

#243 Post by lisa » Fri May 02, 2014 6:20 am

Espy wrote: where do i save it?
micromacro/scripts/rom/userfunctions
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#244 Post by lisa » Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 am

Ok something I have noticed since I have been back farming KS is the game itself crashes alot when using thunderstorm, which it never used to do, might be an issue with the game or maybe something in the bot has changed. End result is now I don't use thunderstorm anymore, aslong as the mage can kill each frog in 1-2 hits it will be fine, a little slower but it will still do what needs to be done.
So my mage was doing 2.2 M/H purely doing frogs and using thunderstorm, I changed it to not use thunderstorm and using a WP similar to ksmagma it is now doing 3.2M/H. I had to give it some stats so it could handle killing the other mobs.

Run down goes like this.
doing just frogs
HP - 7000

doing more than frogs
HP - 15000

So doubled it's HP but the end result in G/H was well worth it.

noobbotter

#245 Post by noobbotter » Fri May 02, 2014 9:19 am

So, If you're not using TS now, would it be faster and get more G/H if you used a rogue instead?

lisa

#246 Post by lisa » Fri May 02, 2014 10:03 am

rogues do ok but have to deal with poison, they have to run into 4 frogs and kill them 1 at a time, realistically, which makes them take a lot of poison damage. If you went R/Healer then that wouldn't matter.

I do have 1 R/S running KS atm and it has no issue but it also has enough HP that the poison is barely a scratch.

I generally like to use lower lvl chars, 60ish, and with basically the lvl 60 bags as gear, so if they do get banned it only takes me a couple hours to replace them. So the M/Healer was good because it could use TS and only needed 7000HP which u get from the bag gear. Doing more than frogs with TS though means it needed more HP, so I needed to spend some dias on them but I think the higher G/H has been worth it. even just 1M/H more across 3 chars is 60M a day, which is roughly 400 dias. So spending 120 dias to stat some gear has been well and truely made back in even just 1 day.

I should mention I have many more than 3 chars that I use for KS, a few priests, a couple rogues, a few scouts and several mages. I believe that makes it less chance to get banned, if you see the same char farming KS for 60+ hours straight it is kind of obvious lol

I will add 1 more thing about rogues though that I did notice, Obviously R/S is a 3 weapon combination and having 3 x Loot X runes + house maid pot gets you over 400% MF, at this stage honor party does nothing for you, even using a lvl 90. Usually a lvl 90 with no honor party will have a very low G/H but with that 400% MF you don't even notice a drop in G/H when honor party runs out.

Espy

#247 Post by Espy » Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 am

I have a question then, i tried the frog file just the begging but it doesent have automated a inv friend so the frogs dont repawn, am i doing something wrong or am i missing a way to respawn them?

BlubBlab

#248 Post by BlubBlab » Fri May 02, 2014 4:10 pm

The script use the add-on invite last group I think.
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

richi

#249 Post by richi » Sat May 03, 2014 2:39 am

lisa wrote:...to use lower lvl chars, 60ish, and with basically the lvl 60 bags as gear, so if they do get banned it only takes me a couple hours to replace them.
How can you level so fast?

lisa

#250 Post by lisa » Sat May 03, 2014 2:42 am

I play on a private server, 10 times XP & TP compared to a normal server.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =33&t=3501

The server did have a name change though, when I started that topic it was called rom4u and now it is called rompvp

Espy

#251 Post by Espy » Sat May 03, 2014 5:25 am

I am useing KSmagma and everything works amazing and gratz to you people! :D
but when i go to sale it only sales the 1st 2 bags

how can i make it sell all 5 or 6 bags and not keep anything (no blue hd item?)
i have tried fidling around with it and i have failed

function CleanBagKS()
for i, item in pairs(inventory.BagSlot) do
if item.SlotNumber >= settings.profile.options.INV_AUTOSELL_FROMSLOT + 132 and
settings.profile.options.INV_AUTOSELL_TOSLOT + 132 >= item.SlotNumber then
if item:isType("Runes") or item:isType("Monster Cards") then
item:delete()
end
if ( item:isType("Weapons") or item:isType("Armor") ) and (120 > item.Worth and 5 > item.Quality) then
end
if item:isType("Production Runes") then
end
if item:isType("Potions") and (45 > item.RequiredLvl and item.RequiredLvl > 10) then
end
end
end
end
</onLoad>

Espy

#252 Post by Espy » Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 am

also! how can i make it stop buying the knife bags and is there a way to make it use the flying rune disk? it is the 3rd one in my horse pack and it uses the 1st one which is a 65%ms mount.
Thank you very much! :D <3

lisa

#253 Post by lisa » Sat May 03, 2014 5:47 am

Espy wrote:also! how can i make it stop buying the knife bags and is there a way to make it use the flying rune disk? it is the 3rd one in my horse pack and it uses the 1st one which is a 65%ms mount.
Can't you just move the disk to the first spot in the mount bag?
Espy wrote:but when i go to sale it only sales the 1st 2 bags
leave the wp as it was when you downloaded it and you need to change your profile.

Code: Select all

<option name="INV_AUTOSELL_FROMSLOT" value="8" /> 			<!-- 1 = bag 1 slot 1 -->
		<option name="INV_AUTOSELL_TOSLOT"	value="180" /> 			<!-- 30 = last slot bag 1 -->
		<option name="INV_AUTOSELL_QUALITY"	value="white,green,blue" /> 	<!-- white,green,blue,purple  -->
Obviously use the values that suit that character.

Espy

#254 Post by Espy » Sat May 03, 2014 5:57 am

Thank you sooooo much lisa! :D Thank you Very Very much!

lisa

#255 Post by lisa » Tue May 06, 2014 1:27 am

*Note this is private server*

Well I can confirm pretty confidently Magic Find gets to a point where more MF no longer equals more G/H.

lvl 90 Rogue with 3 loot X all OD (honor party + house maid luck pot) running the same WP as a lvl 90 mage with 1 Loot X and same buffs. They both get to similar spots in the WP before bags are full, that isn't comparing G/H as killing speed would affect this but if you go by the spot in instance where bags are full you can do a good comparison.

So with honor party and luck pot 1 Loot X or 3 Loot X makes no difference.

How ever, 1 Loot X and no house maid pot and bags are full much later.
Same goes for with house maid pot and no honor party.

3 Loot X and no honor party or house maid pot and it gets to pretty much same place in instance when bags are full.

So as a conclusion if you don't want to bother with house maid pots or getting honor scrolls then use a character that can have 3 Loot X runes. R/S does ok if well geared but a S/R seems to kill much faster and therefore has a much higher G/H.

My R/S with 3 Loot X and no buffs gets around 3.3Mil gold per hour (same if it has buffs).
Priest/Mage with honor party, housemaid pot and 1 Loot X also does 3.3M, 1 shots everything though, well geared.
S/Wd well geared with 2 Loot X, housemaid pot, honor party does 4.5Mil gold/hour.

The WP are adjusted for each character specifically to squeeze as much G/H as I can out of them.

To get more I think you would need to use zodiac pets which I haven't bothered with.

rock5

#256 Post by rock5 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:56 am

Wouldn't AOE skills allow you to kill faster? That's why I used to use M/S, so I could have a mage with 2 Loot runes.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#257 Post by lisa » Tue May 06, 2014 6:41 am

rock5 wrote:Wouldn't AOE skills allow you to kill faster? That's why I used to use M/S, so I could have a mage with 2 Loot runes.
Thunderstorm has been crashing game, not at regular intervals but it does definately crash game.
I had various times, 40 mins, 130 mins, 350 mins. At that point I just stopped using thunderstorm and kept with same WP, no crash after 16 hours. then I changed WP to improve G/H and haven't use TS since.
lisa wrote:Ok something I have noticed since I have been back farming KS is the game itself crashes alot when using thunderstorm, which it never used to do, might be an issue with the game or maybe something in the bot has changed. End result is now I don't use thunderstorm anymore, aslong as the mage can kill each frog in 1-2 hits it will be fine, a little slower but it will still do what needs to be done.

rock5

#258 Post by rock5 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:13 am

I think that implies that the problem is after the following line in CSkill:use.

Code: Select all

if self.ClickToCast == true then
Looking at it the mostlikely place the problem could be is in "target:findBestClickPoint" or "player"aimAt" or "player:clickToCast". Or it might just need a small pause between the aimAt and the clickToCast. If my plate wasn't already full I'd probably have a go at debugging it (assuming I could reproduce the crashes). Maybe if I remember, I'll have a go at it in the future.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Espy

#259 Post by Espy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Hmmm I am a rogue/warr overpowered for ks 1 shot all mobs and 3 shot bosses, I have been using ks magma but it is kinda letting me down lately,
(char keeps on falling off the stairs from broken edges, stucks trying to get to previews waypoint specifically twice on point 22, chased off a frog from the last waypoing lost hp and then after quiting prty sold itemes on his way to ks fell off as usual path but ended up dying, running against walls and leaving prty, and some other annoying things)
I have been reading the forums and u keep on testing stuff as well as making adjustments to WP and stuff.
Could I ask, what script should i use as a R/Wat and I dont use pets to collect drops? (dont care about G/H as long as it works and its stable)

lisa

#260 Post by lisa » Mon May 12, 2014 8:31 pm

ksmagma is designed for a M/D, the name is because of the elite skill they get magma blade. So not surprised a melee would have issues with it.

For melee you need to reduce the combat distances quite a bit and make sure you don't loot sigils, by not using pets you turn on looting for the bot and it "may" also be trying to loot sigils and inside an instance that is a big no no, it would literally run off a cliff to get to a sigil =(

I have a rogue wp I will post later tonight, I'm at work atm but again it is designed for using pet perfume and you may need to adjust it slightly for looting.