Problems with PartyHealer

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Jandrana

Problems with PartyHealer

#1 Post by Jandrana » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 pm

From time to time it happens that when I start the "partyhealer" script, the healer char starts to buff the group members and then keeps on buffing until out of mana, drinks mana potions and keeps on buffing until out of potions.

Anybody knows why and what's wrong in this situation? Restarting the bot doesn't help. Sometimes this problem disappears, when I close and restart the client.

zeljomir

Re: Problems with PartyHealer

#2 Post by zeljomir » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:20 pm

hmm i got some simular problems whit dyice cuz the change ID number of blead or buff... soo maybe you got simular problem ;)

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:00 pm

An ID change for the buff would explain what you are experiencing, it would mean we need to update the skills database.

Which buffs are doing it exactly?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:51 am

Buff Id changes shouldn't cause a problem (unless you are using a real old bot) as it compares buff names gotten from the ids. The new buff id would have to have a different name for there to be a problem.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Jandrana

#5 Post by Jandrana » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:05 am

My current experience is, that if the client is in a fresh state, this problem does not happen.

Maybe this happens if your char has been in a party and some party members leave and the data of former party members is still in somewhere in memory and the bot is trying to use this data, but of course buffing these ghost party member fails. I will try to verify this theory if I got time.

I also noticed that the party bot has a problem if you switch the party leader.

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 am

Jandrana wrote:I also noticed that the party bot has a problem if you switch the party leader
Problem how?
Please be more specific.
Jandrana wrote:My current experience is, that if the client is in a fresh state, this problem does not happen
RoM is famous for it's memory issues, if it works fine for a few hours there is a pretty good chance the issue is with RoM and not the bot code.
If you change zones repeatedly you can desync your client from the server, if you do any Siege wars you might see people that look like they are in 1 spot and then suddenly in another spot. This can be caused by desyncing to the server, obviously they could also be teleporting aswell lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

kuripot

#7 Post by kuripot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:19 am

why my partyhealer dont check the party buff?? only check the self buff to rebuuf

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:22 am

kuripot wrote:why my partyhealer dont check the party buff?? only check the self buff to rebuuf
Maybe the addresses didn't update properly after the patch ?

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:18 am

I'll do a review of the address changes. I'm good at that now, using excel.

First thing I noticed is that some offsets have changed. Not all the offsets have patterns in update.lua so wont update. That might be a problem. Might take some time to fix.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 am

Looks like it was just some of the offsets of staticbase_char. Everything else seems to be correct. I think you have to do some more testing and pinpoint the problem. It's hard for me to find as I have no experience with the party functions.

kuripot

#11 Post by kuripot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 am

lisa wrote:
kuripot wrote:why my partyhealer dont check the party buff?? only check the self buff to rebuuf
Maybe the addresses didn't update properly after the patch ?
in rom4u not yet 5.0.3....

Jandrana

#12 Post by Jandrana » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:32 am

lisa wrote:
Jandrana wrote:I also noticed that the party bot has a problem if you switch the party leader
Problem how?
Please be more specific.
If you start the party healer bot, they should follow the party leader. At least that happens if you make a fresh party.

The bug appears in this situation:
- have a group with chars A and B (A is leader) and invite char C.
- C becomes the leader.
- start the party bot for char A and char B

In this case, char B tries to follow char A. Char A doesn't follow anybody. Somehow the promotion of C is not detected correctly. But the MM window prints char C being leader.

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:38 pm

if you want them to always follow a specific character you can use this in your profile.

Code: Select all

<option name="PARTY_FOLLOW_NAME" value="charname" /> 

ellisdee

#14 Post by ellisdee » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Hello,
As of a recent update to the game, I've noticed an issue with my Partyhealer not targeting the party lead in the script monitor.
PartyDPS, and all my other waypoints seem to work normally. Partyhealer will attack mobs if i tell it to, but wont perform the main healing function
on any one with in the party.

I have run SVN updates / revert, reapplied "ingamefuntions" , and rom/update. I have fully reinstalled the app, rom scripts and fresh default profiles.
One of the things i have noticed is that when i run rombot after an svn update it will auto pull addresses, and when i look back in the rombot folder at
addresses it shows to be dated/corrupt or otherwise mismatched some how. I honestly feel like im overlooking something terribly simple or stupid :P

I will provied some screen shots and other information as soon as i can.

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 pm

ellisdee

#16 Post by ellisdee » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 am

ok it turned out more complicated than just an incorrect address.

Can you give this a try for me, in functions.lua around line 1360 you will see

Code:
local listAddress = memoryReadRepeat("intptr", getProc(), addresses.partyMemberList_address, {addresses.partyMemberList_offset1,addresses.partyMemberList_offset2} )
local memberAddress = listAddress + (_number - 1) * 0x60

replace it with

Code:
local listAddress = memoryReadRepeat("uint", getProc(), 0xA02D10 ) + 0x134
local memberAddress = listAddress + (_number - 1) * 0x60

then test it again with the prints on first post of this topic.

Brilliant!!! This worked perfectly Lisa. Thank you very very much :D