709 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

Re: 709 Changelog

#21 Post by rock5 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:44 am

Committed revision 710 with a couple of bug fixes.
- Fixed issues with looting
- Wander mode is fixed again.

Sorry but I left 3 print messages in settings.lua that I put in there to debug an issue. They shouldn't be a bother as they only print when this error happens.

Code: Select all

undefined player.Class1 in settings.lua
I had it come up a few times. Don't know why? But it hasn't happened for awhile now so I forgot about them.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

abron1

#22 Post by abron1 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:02 pm

hey rock nice update i was wondering the same way you do a mob count to use aoe's...if you can check for elite mob like bosses to use skills like short buffs that you won't use in a normal mob fight

<skill name="SCOUT_WRIST_ATTACK"       hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" elite="true" />
<skill name="WARDEN_MORALE_BOOST"       hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" elite="false" />
<skill name="WARDEN_ENERGY_ABSORB"       hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" elite="true" />
just and example because the bot checks for elite already so if you set it to attack elites then it will use the burn skills and if not a elite then it will just use the regular rotions just my 2 cents...i know nothing about coding just something to think about....then you can put all your skill in the profile and they will only be use by the conditions so you don't have to add skills to waypoints since we have prioity casting it would kinda work the same as dyice or uberflex...

edit changed from elite=1 to elite=true/false
Last edited by abron1 on Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:11 am

It's not a bad idea but it's a very complex one. Not only are there skills you might want to only use against elites and bosses but there may also be skills you don't want to use against bosses. And then different bosses sometimes need to be handled differently.

Then how about same level mobs against low level mobs. A mob that takes 2 or 3 hits you might use your heavier 2-3 second casting time skills and against low levels you might prefer to use instant weak skills.

Ideally you would want some adaptable system to decide which skills to use with which type of mobs.

Not so easy.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

abron1

#24 Post by abron1 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:17 am

Sorry for my fail explation(and spelling)... basic boss fight like dod and water dragon the elite check would now let you use skills and burns and i think it would be pretty basic from a use standpoint not coding..(again i have no idea what you guys go through)..my example...

<option name="PRIORITY_CASTING"		value="true" />

<skills_warden>

<skill name="WARDEN_ELVEN_PRAYER" 		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_ENRAGED"			hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
<skill name="WARDEN_ENERGY_ABSORB"	hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" elite="true"/>
<skill name="WARRIOR_DEFENSIVE_FORMATION"	hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" inbattle="true" elite="true" /> 
<skill name="WARRIOR_BERSERK"			hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" elite="false"/>
<skill name="WARRIOR_WHIRLWIND"       		hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" />
<skill name="WARDEN_PULSE_MASTERY"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" />
<skill name="WARDEN_HEART_OF_THE_OAK" 		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
<skill name="WARDEN_BEAST_CHOP"       		hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH" 			hotkey="MACRO" priority="105" />
<skill name="WARDEN_WILL_ATTACK" 		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" elite="true"/>
<skill name="WARDEN_DOUBLE_CHOP"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" />
<skill name="WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD"	  	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
<skill name="WARDEN_SAVAGE_POWER"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" elite="true" />
<skill name="WARDEN_POWER_OF_THE_WOOD_SPIRIT"	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
<skill name="WARDEN_SUMMON_OAK_WALKER"	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" elite="false"  />
<skill name="WARDEN_SUMMON_NATURE_CRYSTAL"	  	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" elite="true" />
		</skills_warden>
In my example using a warden/warrior you can't use defensive formation and berserk at the same time so if elite is true then you would use defensive formation and if its false you would use berserk and the same with the warden pets if elite is true you would use the Nature Crystal if elite is false you would use Oak Walker then you don't have to keep changing your profile to fit different waypoints...if you want it to use a skill all the time then don't put any conditions...hope i explained it clear.... so instead of elite=1 like in my first post it should be elite= true/false.

I think i would eliminate the use of

if player class1==Warden then cast
that some pplz put in waypoints and just go off of the profie.

sorry for the wall of text :)

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 am

Hm.. I don't know. Don't like it.

The elite factor ie. AUTO_ELITE_FACTOR, has always meant the level of monster you don't want to fight. I'd rather not mess with that. I'd prefer to give some sort of value to the skill. So maybe if the mobs elite factor is more than this value then use the skill. So you could have different levels of skill use. There may also need to be a reverse value, as in, only use the skill if the mobs elite factor is this value or lower. Maybe we could call them MinFactor and MaxFactor.

Let me see if I can imagine a realistic set up, although I don't fight bosses and I don't use all my skills.

<skill name="WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD"               hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" />
		<skill name="MAGE_EARTH_SCEPTER"                hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" />
		<skill name="MAGE_ELEMENTAL_CATALYST"           hotkey="MACRO" priority="105" minfactor="5"/>
		<skill name="MAGE_ENERGY_INFLUX"                hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" minfactor="5" />
		<skill name="MAGE_ELEMENTAL_WEAKNESS"           hotkey="MACRO" priority="95" minfactor="5" />
		<skill name="MAGE_FLAME"                        hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" minfactor="3" />
		<skill name="MAGE_THUNDERSTORM"                 hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" mobcount="2" maxfactor="1"/>
		<skill name="MAGE_EARTH_SURGE"                  hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
		<skill name="MAGE_EARTH_GROANING_WIND_BLADE"    hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
		<skill name="MAGE_FIREBALL"                     hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" maxfactor="2"/>
So in this example I will always have my 2 buffs Briar Shield and Earth Scepter. It will only use my short buffs Elemental Catalyst, Energy Influx and Elemental Weakness on mobs with elite factors of 5 and above. It will start fights with Flame if the mob has an elite factor of 3 or above. If there are groups of low level mobs with elite factors of 1 or less it will lead with Thunderstorm. Otherwise all other mobs under 3 will be attacked and probably one hitted with Earth Surge, Earth Groaning Wind Blade or Fireball. Because Fireball does a bit less damage, I don't want to use it with mobs with elite factors higher than 2.

Does that make sense? Would that work with your, probably more realistic, setup?

Edit: I see you edited your post while I was writing this. True/False sounds like a better idea than your first idea. I need to think about it for awhile.

freemw

#26 Post by freemw » Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 am

Please post functionMousePatchAddr = ? for previos version client(4.0.9). Need for AOE skills for BOT
p.s. sory for my bad english - I`m Russian...
Sorry for my bad English. I`m Russian

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 am

I don't think there is anyway for me to find out. Doesn't rom/update find it?

abron1

#28 Post by abron1 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:56 pm

yeah rock you get the idea something like that would work...your way would be more flexable but the true/false i think is more simple and still does the same thing...your just checking for a elite if so then you will give it all you got lol.....if not then it will just do regular rotation

tibet

#29 Post by tibet » Sat May 05, 2012 5:33 pm

pls help, can´t find my mistake.
always crash when try to cast thonderstorm
bot target enemy - center screen - circle is on floor then crash

Engaging enemy [Ousul Salamander] in combat.
Use MACRO: MAGE_THUNDERSTORM   Did not find any crashed game clients.
0:21am - ...rnd/Desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/skill.lua:675: bad argume
nt #3 to 'memoryReadIntPtr' (number or table expected, got nil)
<skills_mage>
<skill name="MAGE_FIREBALL" hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
<skill name="MAGE_FLAME" hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
<skill name="MAGE_ELECTROSTATIC_CHARGE" hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
<skill name="MAGE_ESSENCE_OF_MAGIC" hotkey="MACRO" priority="50" />
<skill name="MAGE_THUNDERSTORM" hotkey="MACRO" mobcount="2" priority="100" />
</skills_mage>

lisa

#30 Post by lisa » Sat May 05, 2012 7:12 pm

freemw wrote:Please post functionMousePatchAddr = ? for previos version client(4.0.9). Need for AOE skills for BOT
p.s. sory for my bad english - I`m Russian...
It is actually impossible for someone to find a new address in a version of the game they don't have.

You can try following these instructions though.

1. Do a full SVN update and Revert on your micromacro/scripts/rom folder
2. right click addresses.lua and go to SVN update to revision and put in the version number you would normally use to bot with.
3. start micromacro and type rom/update
4. try running the WP you want to use and see if it worked.

Hopefully the update.lua will update the addresses correctly, that is your best chance to get the aoe working.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#31 Post by lisa » Sat May 05, 2012 7:16 pm

tibet wrote:pls help, can´t find my mistake.
bot target enemy - center screen - circle is on floor then crash
I had a look and don't worry it's not a mistake you've done, looks to me like rock forgot to add the offsets to addresses.lua =)

windowSizeX_offset
windowSizeY_offset
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 pm

abron1 wrote:yeah rock you get the idea something like that would work...your way would be more flexable but the true/false i think is more simple and still does the same thing...your just checking for a elite if so then you will give it all you got lol.....if not then it will just do regular rotation
When it comes to bosses if I can't overpower it because I am overgeared for the instance then you need to be very specific which skills to use and what buffs and that has to be done specific to the WP.
For anytime character is overgeared for the instance you just use normal skills anyway and make sure to buff up before the boss which is done in the WP.

For me, I don't see this actually helping, difficult bosses need to be handled differently to each other and you can't just say ohh it's a boss only use flame and no other skills, it just won't cut it.

abron1

#33 Post by abron1 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:24 am

well in my expericene soloing instances you do use more skills than you would regular and imho it would give your more flexablity with your skills then having to adjust your waypoints to use with different characters. i have a few high level characters and my idea lets me set the profiles up and use the same waypoints for farmin instances...but again its just a thought.

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 am

abron1 wrote:yeah rock you get the idea something like that would work...your way would be more flexable but the true/false i think is more simple and still does the same thing...your just checking for a elite if so then you will give it all you got lol.....if not then it will just do regular rotation
I see your point but doing it that way means all mobs are classed as - elite, .. or not elite. In other words, hard or easy. That's limiting. I'd say there are also mobs in the middle, mobs that are extra hard and mobs that are impossible. Dealing with different level mobs seems the better way to go.
tibet wrote:pls help, can´t find my mistake.
lisa wrote:I had a look and don't worry it's not a mistake you've done, looks to me like rock forgot to add the offsets to addresses.lua =)

windowSizeX_offset
windowSizeY_offset
Sorry, during my last testing of update.lua those 2 addesses must have been deleted. They are 0x30 and 0x34 by the way. I'm have to commit them.
lisa wrote:When it comes to bosses if I can't overpower it because I am overgeared for the instance then you need to be very specific which skills to use and what buffs and that has to be done specific to the WP.
For anytime character is overgeared for the instance you just use normal skills anyway and make sure to buff up before the boss which is done in the WP.

For me, I don't see this actually helping, difficult bosses need to be handled differently to each other and you can't just say ohh it's a boss only use flame and no other skills, it just won't cut it.
I agree, the BEST solution is to have a very specific attack sequence for each and every boss. But short of that, it would be useful to have the bot able to use a better sequence of skills when fighting harder mobs. Or not use certain skill on really easy mobs.

lisa

#35 Post by lisa » Sun May 06, 2012 3:35 am

rock5 wrote:Or not use certain skill on really easy mobs.
I usually just deal with that in the WP,
as an example I hardly ever used purg and it was always on autouse = false for a very long time and I would just change that to true in the onload for easy WP's.
Of course now there is the countmobs and aoe added to bot that isn't the case anymore but the theory is still the same for me, I only use some skills in some situations.
I guess it would make it easier for others if the bot just did all that decision making for them.

rock5

#36 Post by rock5 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:31 am

Revision 711
- Added some of the new offsets that got deleted with my last minute tests of update.lua. Click to cast skills should now work.
- Added check for warden buffs after address changes. So now warden pet buffs should be reaplied after teleporting.
- Removed the debug messages I accidentally left in in the last commit.

I'm surprised no one mentioned before now that the new click to cast option didn't work. :?

lisa

#37 Post by lisa » Sun May 06, 2012 8:43 am

You know me, hardly even log on anymore =)

8 days until D3 and counting lol

rock5

#38 Post by rock5 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:30 am

I remember spending many long hours playing D1 and D2 but that seems a long time ago. Can't say I've been looking forward to D3.

lisa

#39 Post by lisa » Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm

When I eventually stopped playing D2 I had every item in game in HardCore on battle net, I used to 8 box chars and would power level chars for a forum currency.

I enjoyed D2 and from what I have seen D3 has the essence of D2 but with new skills and better graphics, so I will probably enjoy it for a few months atleast, basically until I get to the point I have chars geared enough to solo end game.

I am a little dissappointed that D3 is online only, I probably enjoyed making mods for D2 as much as I enjoyed the game itself, mods were for single player/open bnett.

Just went looking through my old game box, found D2 expansion but not the original, I was going to load up D2 ohhh well never mind lol

freemw

#40 Post by freemw » Mon May 07, 2012 4:49 am

add please in \database\skills.xml

<skill name="KNIGHT_FULL_MOON_CLEAVE" id="495486" mana="250" range="100" cooldown="20" type="damage" target="enemy" aoecenter="player" />
Sorry for my bad English. I`m Russian