Swim, Speed and wall hacks

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Swim and Speed hacks

#121 Post by rock5 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:18 pm

No. I mean if you start it like this,

Code: Select all

local function UpThroughRoof(startpos, steps)
      steps = (steps or 12) -- defaults to 12 if steps == nil
You can use arguments for various height roofs when you actually call the function, eg.

UpThroughRoof(44) -- Starts at 44 and drills up 12 steps to 56
UpThroughRoof(44,30) -- Starts at 44 and drills up 30 steps to 74
If you don't want to do that, you only want it to start at 44 and do 12 steps then do what I said at the beginning of my last post. Start it like this instead.

local function UpThroughRoof()
      local startpos = 44
      local steps = 12
The rest of the function looks good.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kuripot

#122 Post by kuripot » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 am

local function UpThroughRoof()
      local startpos = 44
      local steps = 12

player:update()
      if player.Y > startpos + steps then -- already above roof.
         return
      end

for i = 0,steps,1 do teleport(nil,nil,startpos+i) player:turnDirection(1) yrest(50) end
      yrest(1000)
      teleport(nil,nil,120)
      player:update()
   end

still not working

rock5

#123 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:05 am

Why? What happens?

I think there is something wrong with your values. How can the value to go through the roof be 44 if the floor is 88?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kuripot

#124 Post by kuripot » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:23 am

rock if you have enough free time.. please check the center of circle in goblin mine to see the situation... its hard to explain...

_hirondelle

#125 Post by _hirondelle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:00 am

In accordance to this thread but not the previous message :
Just a short guide/list for speed hack speeds.
This is to help you get the maximum speed you can get while under the effects of different items/potions without pullbacks or death.

-Normal- means the speed you normally run with the skill/buff.
-Maximum- means the highest speed a speedhack can get you up to, without dying or being pulled back.
(?) means awaiting confirmation.
(#) means it needs to be tested.

Running Normally: 50 --- Maximum: 59
Running with "Unbridled Enthusiasm": Normal: 58 --- Maximum:67
Running with "Escape Artist"/"What are you looking at? Never seen a bad guy before?" Title : Normal: 55 --- Maximum: 64
Running with "Escape Artist" Title or "What are you looking at? Never seen a bad guy before?" Title + "Nobodies' Rum" Potion : Normal: 65 --- Maximum: 74
Running with "Speed Potion": Normal: 65 --- Maximum: 74 (?)
Running with "Escape Artist"/"What are you looking at? Never seen a bad guy before?" Title + "Unbridled Enthusiasm" Potion: Normal: 63 ---Maximum: 75
Running with "Escape Artist"/"What are you looking at? Never seen a bad guy before?" Title + "Unbridled Enthusiasm" Potion + "Nobodies' Rum" Potion: Normal: (#) --- Maximum: 76
Running with "Rough Sprint" skill: Normal: 70 --- Maximum: 79 (?)
Running with "Escape Artist"/"What are you looking at? Never seen a bad guy before?" Title + Speed potion: Normal: 72 --- Maximum: 81 (?)
Running with "Escape Artist"/"What are you looking at?" Title + "Unbridled Enthusiasm" + "Speed Up" skill (for Warrior/Rogue) : Normal: 75--- Maximum: 84
Running with "Escape Artist"/"What are you looking at?" Title + "Rough Sprint" skill: Normal: 77 --- Maximum: 86 (?)
I read that at rompros forum (down since january)

lisa

#126 Post by lisa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:49 am

nice info and all but since speedhack doesn't constantly keep reapplying itself the shorter buffs would need to be ignored.

You could however do a check for the long term buffs and adjust the speed accordingly, emphasis on the "you", I just don't have the spare time for it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#127 Post by rock5 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:43 am

lisa wrote:nice info and all but since speedhack doesn't constantly keep reapplying itself the shorter buffs would need to be ignored.

You could however do a check for the long term buffs and adjust the speed accordingly, emphasis on the "you", I just don't have the spare time for it.
Oh, did you read that post as a request for something to be done? Because there was no question, I assumed that it was just some useful information he wanted to share. As it is, some people might find it useful in deciding what speed to use.

_hirondelle

#128 Post by _hirondelle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:59 am

In fact, as Rock say it, this is not a request.

It's just a note for those who want to adjust their userfunction_speehack.lua.
(cause this function is awesome but kill puppies... at least, players ;) )
According to user's habits, it is possible to "fix" the value of speed "on".
And not beeing kill or teleported back.

btw, lisa, rock and those contribute to this project (solarstrike -> rom), thanks you for your work :)

lisa

#129 Post by lisa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 pm

rock5 wrote:Oh, did you read that post as a request for something to be done?
I did think it was useful info and I think making the userfunction to auto adjust the speed(on) according to buffs is a good idea, I just meant I don't have the time to do it myself.

It wouldn't take to much coding to achieve optimal speed that reflects your buffs, it would be a good project for someone who is starting to learn lua
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

kuripot

#130 Post by kuripot » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 am

we knows teleport has limited distance.. it is posible that i make 2 waypoint then my char automaticaaly calculate and tele until reach waypoint #2??
from waypoint #1 then my char will tele every 110 range until reach waypoint #2??

rock5

#131 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:56 am

'teleport' will automatically do multiple teleports if neccessary. So if the distance is 110 it will do 1 teleport. If the distance is 140 it will do 2 x 70 teleports. If the distance is 300 it will do 3 x 100 teleports.

That said, there is no gurantee that you wont get pulled back if you are going too far too fast. If you are getting pulled back a lot, try increasing the pause between teleports by using

teleport_SetStepPause(val)
The default is 500 (1/2 second). So anything larger than that will increase the pause.

Tamyra

#132 Post by Tamyra » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Can you ever get the speed function to not rubberband you? I get rubberbanded then it resets every time I have tried to use it.

lisa

#133 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:28 am

rubberbanding is when you are just going to fast.
A few posts ago someone posted the "safe" speeds for when you have different buffs and such.

You can set the speed by adding a value to argument when you call the function.
any value from 31-100

speed(100) -- set speed to you guessed it fast
speed(50) -- set to normal
speed(31) -- walk like a snail

kuripot

#134 Post by kuripot » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:33 pm

if my waypoint # 1 and waypoint #2 has 500 distance.... how can i make teleport command that can teleport 100 increment until reach waypoint #2

lisa

#135 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 pm

I can't remember the default step size but you can change the step size with

teleport_SetStepSize(100)
Just put it in the onload so it is only done once I guess, depends what else you are doing.

http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2721
User settings:

The maximum distance, I've found, that the character can teleport in one go is 120, but this function will try to make shorter hops if the coordinates given are too far. The function uses a maximum step size of 115, to add a little bit of a buffer. Between multiple hops, it will pause for 500 milliseconds for the new location to register. Both these values can be changed by the user with the following functions.

teleport_SetStepSize(val)
teleport_SetStepPause(val)

rock5

#136 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:56 am

The swim hack is currently not working properly. Not sure why no one else has commented on it. Instead of acting like it is swiming under water, it acts like it is swiming on top of the water. What this means is, it tends to always swim horizontally and then, at the last minute, angle up or down to get to the waypoint.

I'll be including a changed swim address in the next commit of the bot but it will require an updated swim userfunction. Seeing as the updated swim userfunction will work with the current bot as well, I've decided to upload it now already. It's version 2.1. If you update it now it will give you one less thing to worry about when I commit the changes to the bot because the old swim function wont work with 724 or above of the bot.

So when you update the swim userfunction it will behave exactly the same with the current version of the bot (723) tending to swim horizontally. But when I commit my changes it will swim like it used to in a straight line towards your waypoints.

I'll probably commit the next version of the bot in a day or 2, depending on how lazy I'm feeling. :s

top1

#137 Post by top1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Course of Terror and Ancient Treasure is crashing when using the swimmhack since the newest update :((

lisa

#138 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:37 pm

top1 wrote:Course of Terror and Ancient Treasure is crashing when using the swimmhack since the newest update :((
Does your server use the latest version of Rune of Magic?
Are you using the latest revision of RoM bot?

Do you poke out your tongue when typing? ;)

rage447

#139 Post by rage447 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 am

Have the same problem since the new patch. Every time i use swinhack i get a crash.

rock5

#140 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:29 am

The latest swimhack version 2.1 works fine for me. Are you sure you updated it?