course of terror WP

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
MiesterMan

Re: course of terror WP

#21 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:11 pm

botje wrote:btw, bit offtopic, but what the hell do those ghost cards mean?

what can i do with those?

Botje
Just a guess but if you catch them all you become a pokeghost master...

Or.. http://www.theromwiki.com/Minigames#Titles_2

botje

#22 Post by botje » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 pm

ah, i see, thanx mate :)

btw, you made me laugh :P

Botje

lisa

#23 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Added in a distance check to make sure it ported to next phase, worked 100% so far.

Any issues please post. When I am happy with how it works I'll make it look pretty and easier for people to understand what's going on.
For now though it should do the job.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:46 am

Alright, tried again with 2 characters this time.

The first one had 1 hiccup when it tried to go along the floor. After going up manually it made it to the end but then cradhed the game when it tried to turn of fly hack, so I didn't get any items except the shells. The game may just have crashed because it had been running too long.

The second one I had a lot more problems. First it didn't successfuly select the second dialog option at the start. By the time I manually selected it, it started trying to unstick and then tried to go back to the last waypoint. So I had to restart it but then it thought it was at waypoint 29. So I moved partway down the corridor and started again. It worked and started running. Occationally I got

Code: Select all

Target is to strong. More HP then player.MaxHP * settings.profile.options.AUTO_E
LITE_FACTOR, aggro, but not from that target
I don't know what that's about. Then it aggroed a couple of clowns but they kept respawning everytime they died so I finally gave up and stopped the script. Then I did it manually.

I noticed, once when I was going through a door to a puzzle room, that it pulled me back to the door as it closed. Maybe that has something to do with the flying along the floor problem. Maybe you need to pause inside the door and wait for it to close before flying up.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#25 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 am

rock5 wrote:The second one I had a lot more problems. First it didn't successfuly select the second dialog option at the start.
I believe you play on an OS server and no doubt with a ping over 300, so you will probably need to factor this in. Increase the yrests and maybe add in a yrest at WP when using fly. That will probably fix it.

Target is to strong. More HP then player.MaxHP * settings.profile.options.AUTO_E
LITE_FACTOR, aggro, but not from that target
I run with party bot options on all the time, so mine just attacks stuff even when it's HP is 1000000000. That print is because their is a mob nearby with lots of HP compared to your hp. The barriers that appear have a lot of HP, they are the ones I added to friends list at onload.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:48 am

lisa wrote:I believe you play on an OS server and no doubt with a ping over 300,
Yes my ping is over 300. What is OS? I play on EU servers.
lisa wrote:so you will probably need to factor this in. Increase the yrests and maybe add in a yrest at WP when using fly. That will probably fix it.
Ok I'll try that next. I'm not sure which waypoint to add the pause. This one.

<waypoint x="4080" z="3499" y="18">
Or this one.

<waypoint x="4081" z="3586" y="28">
Probably the first one is too close to the door.
lisa wrote:I run with party bot options on all the time, so mine just attacks stuff even when it's HP is 1000000000. That print is because their is a mob nearby with lots of HP compared to your hp. The barriers that appear have a lot of HP, they are the ones I added to friends list at onload.
I figured something along those lines but I would have thought that if it was on the friends list then it wouldn't do that check. Maybe it does it before the friends list check.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#27 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:51 am

OS for overseas =)

when using fly with a ping over 300 you should prob add a rest to every WP inside there and increase any existing yrest by 300-500. same goes for chatting to npcs.

Even with 50ping if I use both speed and fly it always pulls me back, you will have similar effects without speed because of the delay.

for some reason having barrier on friend list doesn't make it not attack at all. it always tries to slap it once or twice and then says fight is over. Not sure why it is doing this.
I guess I could add into onload to ignore the hp difference.

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:48 pm

I'll increase the npc pauses but adding a pause at every waypoint seems a bit to much trouble. I'll try setting WP_NO_STOP to false and see if that helps.

It's strange that it attacks the barriers. Maybe they are not all the same id?

A couple of questions for you;
Why does getkey() repeat until it has the correct number of keys? Why not just repeat until there are no more keys or key seals? No wait, on second look I understand why you do it that way. Wouldn't it have been simpler to just get the number of keys before starting the repeat loop and then repeat until the number of keys = the original number + 1? Then you wouldn't need to send the "keys" argument.
How about the clowns continuously respawning, does that happen to you?

I think it's about time I told you of my pet peeve. It annoys me when people don't indent things properly. You do this alot. It's as if you use software that doesn't make it easy to indent a block of text. Is that so? I can select a block of text, press tab and it moves it over 1 tab. It makes things hard to read when not indented properly. Just thought you should know.

lisa

#29 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 pm

rock5 wrote:It's strange that it attacks the barriers. Maybe they are not all the same id?
They all have same Id, I am going with the theory it is because it spawns from a different Id, as in the sealed version but really can't say for sure.
A couple of questions for you;
Why does getkey() repeat until it has the correct number of keys? Why not just repeat until there are no more keys or key seals? No wait, on second look I understand why you do it that way. Wouldn't it have been simpler to just get the number of keys before starting the repeat loop and then repeat until the number of keys = the original number + 1? Then you wouldn't need to send the "keys" argument.
The keys themselves sometimes take 1-2 seconds to actually be clickable, by using the numbers it allows for the fact the bot may go click a another sealed key and it will always go back and get any keys that may be left. You can't go through portal until you have all the keys for the phase.
How about the clowns continuously respawning, does that happen to you?
yeah they keep spawning until you kill the summoning object.

else
	player:target(102384) -- kills the summoning portal and not the ghost clown, not sure if this code is working.
	fight()
This is meant to deal with the summoning but I feel it isn't working as I wanted it to. For me the bot kills the clown and then kills the summoner.
I think it's about time I told you of my pet peeve. It annoys me when people don't indent things properly. You do this alot. It's as if you use software that doesn't make it easy to indent a block of text. Is that so? I can select a block of text, press tab and it moves it over 1 tab. It makes things hard to read when not indented properly. Just thought you should know.
I said it wasn't pretty lol
Haven't played with the options and stuff in notepad++ yet, I'll give it a go. When I am 100% happy with it I'll make it look pretty.

I am still having issues every now and then with going through the portal, I tried adding a check for distance from the coords of the portal but it still sometimes messes up. Current WP on first post checks for distance to the coords in the room with the chests but I had it not work today.

I really need to work out a solution to be 100% for the protals.

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Ok, with the changes I said above (extra pauses at npc and WP_NO_STOP to false) it ran througth with no issues on both my 50+ characters. It triggered a few barriers, especially when going throught the portal, but it didn't fight anything. I could see the benefit of leveling some characters to level 50 but I can see it being a long tedious task. I have only 1 other character in the forties that shouldn't be too much trouble to level up.

I wanted to ask, where do you get the crimson stats once you have the shells? I gather it's from some merchant but I couldn't find out who.

botje

#31 Post by botje » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:45 pm

as far as i know, those guys are at the same square mate

Botje

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:08 pm

The same NPC's are in most cities. In varanas if you go to the bank side of the square you will see them all lined up in a row.

As for lvling chars, it took me 5 hours to bot 15 chars to lvl 30, since then just been doing dailys that item drops. So I farm a few thousand quest items(about 5 hours) and then set up a trade/hand in WP with an autolog next character. So entire account of chars to do dailies is around 10 mins. It will take 2 weeks of dailies to get all 15 chars to 50.

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:55 am

Found them.

Ooh, level 67 purple items. Nice. :)

The random stat it mentions, is that the crimson stat? So you always get a clean crimson stat?

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:50 am

Sorry, but this was crying out for my tender touch. So here's my version.
cot_rock5.xml
(4.14 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
This version should be multilingual and can be stopped and restarted and continue from where it left off.

Lisa did you try using the teleport hack? I wouldn't mind trying that next.

lisa

#35 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:32 am

Only tested yours with 2 chars so far.
first char went to top and then went to the portal to try and get through lol
It might have missed the sealed object, not sure.

second char
got to 3rd phase and it opened a seal and then didn't even try to get the key.

Without the checking for specific number of keys might need to do some updates, or double checks.

Very pretty though =)

rock5

#36 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:46 am

Grrr.. I ran about 5 or 6 characters through it. Mostly faultless eccept for a couple of issues. 1 time it missed a seal like what happened to you. Don't know how it could not see it. It was right below it. And another time it stopped at the top of the room and wouldn't continue. After I collected the keys myself it suddenly continued again. I think it might have thought it was still in combat mode, so I added a player:update() in the loop. I didn't have that issue of not collecting the key.

I'll have to go through it better tomorrow and see if I can make it more foulproof. But I don't like using the key count as a check. It is possible that if the user opens a chest for whatever reason then the key count wont be right. But I might have to if I can't figure out a better way.

Did you like how I sorted the chests so it collects them in order?

lisa

#37 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 pm

cleam crimson stat every time yup. random depending on what type you get.
plate = stam/*

you get the idea.
Did you like how I sorted the chests so it collects them in order?
yeah it was nice, i commented out the print though lol

Went through another 3 chars and they did miss keys occasionally but went back for it, so went through full run each time.

lisa

#38 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:29 pm

3 chars today tried to go through portal early, might need to look at a different way to be more reliable with checking how many keys you have before trying to go through.

Maybe do a variable for phase so phase 1 2 3 4 and check for number of keys when entering the set of coords next to door, where you have the yrest(1000) and then only go to the gate if keys is + phase from number checked when at door?

That will probably work.
Last edited by lisa on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisa

#39 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 pm

lol actually I had a look and now I know why it's skipping.

if player:findNearestNameOrId(113112) then -- if there is a key seal
         getkey()
You check for if there is a sealed key and if not then it just goes to gate. the function getkey() should take care of that though.

onload

local phase = 0

<!-- JUST AFTER THE DOOR -->
   <!-- # 12 --><waypoint x="4081" z="3590" y="28" tag="START">
   phase = phase + 1
   local totalkeys = inventory:itemTotalCount(203027)
   if totalkeys == nil then
   totalkeys = 0
   end
   yrest(1000) 
   </waypoint>
<!-- HOME BASE -->
	<!-- # 13 --><waypoint x="4081" z="3742" y="132" tag="HOME BASE" >
	getkey()
	</waypoint>

function getkey()
		repeat
			player:update()
			if not player.Battling  then
				if not player:findNearestNameOrId(113106) then
					player:target_Object(113112,3000,nil,true) -- opens seal to reveal key
				else
					yrest(2000)
					player:target_Object(113106,3000,nil,true) -- harvests key
				end
			else
				player:target(102384) -- kills the summoning portal and not the ghost clown, not sure if this code is working.
				player:fight()
			end

until inventory:itemTotalCount(203027) = totalkeys + phase
	end

rock5

#40 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 am

It doesn't make sense. The getkey() code I use should keep trying to get the key until it gets it. It's impossible for it to open the seal then not get the key.

As to not seeing the seal, how can it not see the seal? And if it doesn't see it will taking more time change that? It would have to be just a glitch. I certainly haven't had it happen again.
lisa wrote:You check for if there is a sealed key and if not then it just goes to gate. the function getkey() should take care of that though.
The way it works is, at the "home base" it has to decide if it should get a key or go to the portal. The way it decides is to see if there is a key seal. If there is then it gets it and returns to "home base" if not it goes to the portal.