GM detection and banning chance reduction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
ezgitaran

Re: GM detection and banning chance reduction

#81 Post by ezgitaran » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:22 am

Nope, since then, 2 of my bots running the same path without any detection. I will notify you if it happens again =)

Ajoir

#82 Post by Ajoir » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 am

I need help with two little problems

1- I would like the funcion write my name's player in GMdetectwhispers.xml, becose I have several players.
Now the code is:

Code: Select all

("Time: " ..os.date().. " Char name: " ..name.. " Message: " ..msg.. "\n")
And I like something how:

("Time: " ..os.date().. " From " ..name.. " To " ..MYPLAYER.. "Message: " ..msg.. "\n")
I only need the code, Don,t re-write the file for tis foolishness.

2- When I write rom/bot.lua, this appears:

[WARN]: ...o/scripts/rom/userfunctions/userfunction_gmmonitor. lua:16 
Failed to load sound file 'alarm.wav'
I only hear beep of computer. Where I have to put alarm.wav? I put in every folder: in userfunctions, in logs, in profile, in rom, in micromacro... but nothing.

Could you help me, please?
Thank you in advance.

lisa

#83 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 am

Ajoir wrote:Where I have to put alarm.wav?
rom/userfunctions folder
Ajoir wrote:

("Time: " ..os.date().. " From " ..name.. " To " ..player.Name.. "Message: " ..msg.. "\n")
characters name is player.Name
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

zin40

#84 Post by zin40 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Looks like alot of good work. The only question I have is how does it know if it is a GM /w you and not a random player? Also I know a GM and he says they also just talk in say channel and if no response they ban.

lisa

#85 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:15 pm

even if they chat in /say it will detect them even before they say anything.
Obviously I don't want to say exactly how it works because if for some reason they actually browse this public forum it would make it easy for them to avoid the detection.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

botje

#86 Post by botje » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:08 am

i can say with almost 100% certainty that they are browsing this forum, hell would'nt you as a company trying to combat bots?

we should go underground, but then we cant be found so yeah >.<

Botje

lisa

#87 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:23 am

At the end of the day bots don't really ruin the game in any way. The worst bots can do is alter an economy but it doesn't ruin it, just changes it. So instead of people charging 10mil for crimson stats they sell for 2 mil because we can farm the shells, so people buy more purified stones which cost diamonds. People also replace gear and then need to upgrade it to +12 or +16 which again costs diamonds.

If anything bots actually make them more actual cash, it's not like we make real cash from what we do, we get more ingame gold to buy more stuff in game.

The gold sellers should be their main target as the gold they "sell" is hacked and never existed in the first place, so they get real cash for nothing basically.

Administrator
Site Admin

#88 Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Fully agree with Lisa. If the company actually cared about fighting botting, they would do it the right way. And that is focused around game design, not just banning users that are caught using bots. I won't be going into detail as it really isn't very interesting and I'm not giving out such valuable information for free.

Back on track, though, I am against gold selling. It is pointless, annoying, and potentially harmful to the game. Just look at Dragon Nest. There are more gold sellers in any town than there are actual players. How can these guys be making any money at all?

Shogun

#89 Post by Shogun » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 am

lisa wrote:
Ajoir wrote:Where I have to put alarm.wav?
rom/userfunctions folder
Looks more like the rom folder to me:

soundresource = soundLoad(getExecutionPath() .. "/alarm.wav");
And where does that soundLoad() come from? It's nil in my environment.

lisa

#90 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:33 am

Shogun wrote:And where does that soundLoad() come from? It's nil in my environment.
it's in MM, if it says nil then you just need to update your micromacro

alarm.wav should go in the rom/userfunctions folder

Shogun

#91 Post by Shogun » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:54 am

updated and works fine, thx lisa

KaMaro

#92 Post by KaMaro » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:57 am

If using a bot only at the ranch Miller, this too is to add?

lisa

#93 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Some people had issues with using this and logging in another character.
Readjusted code and please make sure that the function is called in the WP onload, not profile onload.

zin40

#94 Post by zin40 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:00 pm

I just cant stop the error that is saying my ingame userfunction needs updated. Thank you for your work but I guess i am done trying. I have updated everything and not working. This is the first time i have not got this bot to work since I started using it. I guess I will proxy bot :).

Budzer

#95 Post by Budzer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:51 am

Well I have a bit problem with this function.... As for logging off, stopping etc. it's all OK, but it keeps not answering whispers to the testcharacter and it would look a bit strange, when GM whisp me, I'll stop, and no other reaction.... By this time my character have answered only once - don't know why this only time....

Edit: Few more tests and while in combat bot is responding to whisp and of course recall/logout... So it is even stranger than before to me.

Btw. I've also seen that sometimes when moving mounted and close to "GM", my char start to logout, then just go forward and after a while stops still logged in. No big problem, as bot is not running, but still...

lisa

#96 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Ok I will try to explain it better for people.

startGMDetect() in the onload of the WP will initialize the userfunction. It should print to the MM window
GM detection started

--=== PAUSEONGM ===--
if you have any number but 0 for PAUSEONGM in your profile then the bot will pause for that period of time. Basically if they whisper you they are expecting a response but if the character isn't doing anything they have to assume you were afk and then may not respond to the whisper.
If a GM whispers you and you don't respond but keep doing what you are doing they then assume you are a bot.

If you have 0 for PAUSEONGM or you don't have PAUSEONGM in your profile at all then the bot goes into respond to whisper mode, so now it will do a single reply and then logout.

--=== GMnearbylogout ===--
If GMnearbylogout is set to true in your profile then anytime a GM is within range, can't remember exact range but 450 comes to mind, then the char will log out instantly regardless of what it was doing.

If GMnearbylogout is set to false then MM will make the beeping sound and just keep doing what it was doing.

--=== RECALL===--
Ok now if you are in combat then it will check your profile option for RECALL

If it is set to true then it will check if recall is off cooldown and if so then it will use recall and then after load screen finishes it will whisper GM and log out.

If RECALL is set to false then it will just reply to whisper and logout.

That is how it works, yes there are many options, I did this for a reason. If everyone did the exact same thing then the userfunction would be kind of useless as it would tell the GM's your a bot anyway, which is why I said to make your own reply messages at the top of the userfunction.

I really don't know if I can explain it any more then that, maybe someone else can do a simplified explaination.

Budzer

#97 Post by Budzer » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Well then it is working as it it was intended to. I was simply thinking that it should whisp+stop, not only stop.... Maybe I should then go with 0 as for pauseongm (as it better fits me), but it is all my decision. Thanks for clarify ;)

jasn

#98 Post by jasn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 am

lisa wrote:Ok I will try to explain it better for people.

startGMDetect() in the onload of the WP will initialize the userfunction. It should print to the MM window
GM detection started
is there any diffrence if i have it in the profile onload section instead for the WP´s onload sections ?
(was just trying to save me some work from editing all the wp files)

lisa

#99 Post by lisa » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:11 pm

While testing some other timer functions I found with the start in profile it wasn't 100% to actually start the timer.
Also when logging next character the profile isn't reloaded but the WP is.

rock5

#100 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:53 pm

I see. When the character changes, the event monitor in game stops. So if the startGMDetect is in the waypoint file, then when it gets reloaded, it also restarts the event monitoring. But if it's in the profile and the profile isn't reloaded (which is often the case) then the event monitoring wont be restarted.

So I suppose that means it's ok to use startGMDetect in the profile for most of your wp files but if you are using a wp file that relogs then you need to add it to the wp file too.

Or you could reload the profile everytime you do relogs. Which is not a bad idea given this scenario. There could be other code in the profile onload you want reloaded when changing character.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro