Rev 577 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

Rev 577 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:49 am

A fairly large change but mostly to do with 1 topic and that is using buff info gotten from memory. So now, skill settings can make extensive use of buff settings to controls their order of use.

Besides any bugs that might appear in my coding, I made massive changes to the skills.xml so I'm expecting to be tidying it up for days as people post their problems. So now is the ideal time to retry setting up your skills just the way you want them to work. It's also a good time to post any skills that are missing that you want added.

I'll update the wiki in a few hours time.

Changes:
  • Buff info is updated when the update() function is used and is updated for both player and target.
  • Buff info stored in player.Buffs is now stored differently. Typically this wont affect users as they usually use the hasBuff and hasDebuff functions which still work the same for backward compatibility. The data is now stored like this

Code: Select all

player.Buffs[1].Name
                   .Id
                   .Count
                   .TimeLeft
                   .Level
  • Debuffs are store with the buffs in player.Buffs as they are stored together in memory. So player.Debuffs is no longer used.
  • Some skill options have been added and removed.
    • 'buffname' is added and used when a skill applies a buff or debuff. It is used in conjunction with 'type' and 'target'. The skill wont be used if the buff is already applied. buffname is not necessary if the cooldown is longer than the buff duration. It can only be used in 'skills.xml'.
    • 'reqbufftype' has been removed as it was no longer needed. The bot no longer distinguishes between buffs and debuffs.
    • 'reqbuffcount' has been added to indicate the required stack number of the skill.
    • 'nobuffname', 'nobufftarget' and 'nobuffcount' have been added and mean the opposite of 'reqbuff'. The skill is used only if the buff hasn't been applied. It can be used in conjunction with the 'reqbuff' options.
    • all the 'reqbuff' and 'nobuff' options can now be used in profiles for better skill sequence control.
    • all the buff names can accept the buff name or it's id. They can also accept a range of ids as in the case of skills that can be used a number of times. eg. "Light Seal" and "500137,500138,500139" are the same. I've extensively used ids in skills.xml so that it will work in any language. Obviously users would use names when using these options in their profiles. Note: don't use "Light Seal III" because the stack numbers on the end of the names are stripped.
  • added pawn:getBuff(name, count) that returns the buff object if it exists.
  • added second argument 'count' to hasBuff and hasDebuff.
  • added Druids Natures Power to player.Nature and now the bot checks the 'nature' values in the skills database.
  • MASSIVE update to skills.xml to add the buff values and remove all those unnecessary cooldowns. Took me way longer than the rest of the coding. Also made a few corrections and added a few skills.
Other minor updates:
  • added possible fix for the character getting stuck when there is nothing there and it wobbling left and right. I need people who have this problem to test it as I never get this bug.
  • bot now detects if a edit box in game has focus when trying to use the macro. If so it will press escape to release focus so it can continue botting.
  • changed the default melee distance to 50 because 45 was causing problems with mobs that wanted to fight at a distance between 45 and 50.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

Re: Rev 577 Changelog

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:26 am

• Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Rom Botter

#3 Post by Rom Botter » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:16 am

Awesome very nice!!!!!!!!!!

btw, i found that in skills.xml the skill

<skill name="WARRIOR_BLOCKING_STANCE" mana="20" cooldown="20" target="self" type="buff" buffname="502007,503514"/>

has cooldown of 20, should be 900 :)
I think people need to be educated on the fact the marijuana is NOT a drug... marijuana is a plant and an herb, GOD put it here... if GOD put it here, what gives the GOVERNMENT the right to say GOD is WRONG??? ~ Willie Nelson

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:21 am

Rom Botter wrote:Awesome very nice!!!!!!!!!!

btw, i found that in skills.xml the skill

<skill name="WARRIOR_BLOCKING_STANCE" mana="20" cooldown="20" target="self" type="buff" buffname="502007,503514"/>

has cooldown of 20, should be 900 :)
Once-upon-a-time the 'cooldown' value included the duration of a buff as well as the actual cooldown as listed in the skills tooltip. This was to make sure the bot didn't try to use the skill while the buff was still active. Now that the buffs are actually checked, cooldown can finally only mean 'cooldown'. You wont be seeing anymore 900ms cooldowns :)

Actually it looks like it doesn't have any cooldown. I'll remove it.

And could you do me a favor? If you have 'Blocking Stance' could you check the correct buff id for me?

You can check your buff id by copying and pasting the following in the game;

/script n=0 repeat n=n+1 local name, icon, count, ID = UnitBuff( "player", n ) if name then SendSystemChat(name..", "..ID) end until not name

Giram

#5 Post by Giram » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 am

Found few things from skills.xml and skills_local.xml that could be added.

---- skills.xml ----

<skill name="MAGE_PURGATORY_FIRE" mana="50" range="50" type="damage" target="enemy" /> --Added range="50"
<skill name="WARRIOR_TOURNIQUET" target="self" cooldown="90" type="hot" buffname="504561" /> -- itemset skill for healing
---- skills_local.xml ----

<MAGE_PERCEPTION en="Perception" de="Wahrnehmung" />
<WARRIOR_TOURNIQUET en="Tourniquet" de="Druckverband" />

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 am

Ok added, but 'Item Preview' is telling me the buff id for Torniquet is 506533. Looks like 504561 is for Perception. I'll assume you made a mistake and use 506533.

Giram

#7 Post by Giram » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 am

I casted tourniquet and used that script in your post to get id. Maybe that was the buff id that gives and not skill then?

My item preview is giving for tourniquet 495559 for skill and 506522 for buff. I got same id for perception.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Sorry I mistyped. I meant 506522.

You can't have 2 buffs with the same id. Your version of the game must be bugged.

This is what I show.
RAScrnShot_20110217_035313.jpg
Isn't this what you see? If not, something very strange is happening.

Giram

#9 Post by Giram » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:04 pm

I am confused... I was pretty sure that it was different id on tourniquet. Now i tested it and got that id you posted. 506522.

Well mistakes happen.

nOLF007

#10 Post by nOLF007 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Hello,

after the 577 update, I received the following error using createpath.lua

C:/games/micromacro/scripts/classes/pawn.lua:394: attempt to call global 'GetIdName' (a nil value)

regards,

nOLF

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Oops, didn't test createpath. I'll look into it.

Edit: Ok, it looks like all it's missing is loading the memorytables.lua file at the top of the createpaths.lua file.

include("classes/memorytable.lua");
Please do this yourself for now, as I want to fix a few more problems before committing.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:57 pm

I'll be also adding a fix for the

Table not found for ID: xxxxxx
messages that come out when loading the bot.

Alkaiser

#13 Post by Alkaiser » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Missing skills:

Power of the Lion - R/K elite missing from skills.xml and skills_local.xml
It can only be used when the buff "Lion's Protection" is active.

<skill name="ROGUE_POWER_OF_THE_LION" cooldown="60" type="damage" target="self" reqbuffname="501946" />
Searing Light - R/K elite missing from skills_local.xml

Leopard Instinct - K/R elite missing from skills.xml and skills_local.xml

<skill name="KNIGHT_LEOPARD_INSTINCT" energy="30" type="buff" buffname="506400" target="self" />
Sacred Resistance - K/S elite missing from skills.xml and skills_local.xml

<skill name="KNIGHT_SACRED_RESISTANCE" concentration="20" range="180" type="damage" target="enemy" />
Other potential problems:
Disarmament for S/K has a range of 200, it's only configured for the knight side at 50.
Rising Tide for M/P is instant cast with 3 second cooldown.
Enhanced Armor for S/K has a different buff name: "Significantly Enhanced Armor"

Can modified parameters be passed from within the character profile?

<skills_mage>
		<skill name="PRIEST_RISING_TIDE"			modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="40" casttime="0" cooldown="3" />
	</skills_mage>
I ask because, at least in this case, I get an error message at bot startup with the casstime alteration in place.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:28 am

Alkaiser wrote:

<skill name="ROGUE_POWER_OF_THE_LION" cooldown="60" type="damage" target="self" reqbuffname="501946" />
You have this listed as 'damage'. You meant 'buff' right?
Alkaiser wrote:

<skill name="KNIGHT_LEOPARD_INSTINCT" energy="30" type="buff" buffname="506400" target="self" />
That has a cooldown of 120, right? So after adding the cooldown it doesn't really need the 'buffname'.
Alkaiser wrote:

<skill name="KNIGHT_SACRED_RESISTANCE" concentration="20" range="180" type="damage" target="enemy" />
I'll add this but I don't see it working properly. It effectively has a cooldown of 30s after the effect has ended, right? I don't believe it can be set up properly with the settings that are available now.
Alkaiser wrote:Other potential problems:
Disarmament for S/K has a range of 200, it's only configured for the knight side at 50.
Rising Tide for M/P is instant cast with 3 second cooldown.
Unfortuately there is not much we can do in the skills database when attributes of a skills change. You can however fix this in your own profile. In the onload section, check your class and change the settings manually.
Alkaiser wrote:Enhanced Armor for S/K has a different buff name: "Significantly Enhanced Armor"
That's strange, it's actually a different name? That shouldn't be a problem, I'll just add it to the buff list.
Alkaiser wrote:Can modified parameters be passed from within the character profile?

<skills_mage>
		<skill name="PRIEST_RISING_TIDE"			modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="40" casttime="0" cooldown="3" />
	</skills_mage>
I ask because, at least in this case, I get an error message at bot startup with the casstime alteration in place.
Only certain parameters can be changed, the ones listed here.. Unfortunately, 'casttime' and 'range' are not among them. Fortunately you can change them manually in the onload section like I said above.

Here is an example for 'Rising Tide'.

if player.Class1 == CLASS_MAGE then
			for k,v in pairs(settings.profile.skills) do
				if v.Name == "PRIEST_RISING_TIDE" then
					v.CastTime = 0
				end
			end
		end

Alkaiser

#15 Post by Alkaiser » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 pm

rock5 wrote:

You have this listed as 'damage'. You meant 'buff' right?
Well, it's an instant self-healing skill... So I'm not sure what to call it.
rock5 wrote:

That has a cooldown of 120, right? So after adding the cooldown it doesn't really need the 'buffname'.
I double checked, and yes, you are correct.
rock5 wrote:

I'll add this but I don't see it working properly. It effectively has a cooldown of 30s after the effect has ended, right? I don't believe it can be set up properly with the settings that are available now.
Yeah, it's one of those skills.
rock5 wrote: Here is an example for 'Rising Tide'.

v.CastTime = 0
				end
			end
		end
That's just what I was looking for!

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Alkaiser wrote:Well, it's an instant self-healing skill... So I'm not sure what to call it.
Hm... Maybe we should make it type 'heal'? Have you tried this skills with your bot? Actually, looking at the code, it looks like MaxHpPer is only checked if type 'heal' or 'hot'. So if you want to use MaxHpPer it will have to be 'heal'.
Alkaiser wrote:
rock5 wrote: Here is an example for 'Rising Tide'.

v.CastTime = 0
				end
			end
		end
That's just what I was looking for!
Hm... Maybe I should add a skill function for changing values. It would make it easier for users. So you could do something like this.

ChangeSkillOption("PRIEST_RISING_TIDE","CastTime",0)
		end
What do you think?

BTW has anyone had the chance to see if I've fixed the getting stuck problem?

Alkaiser

#17 Post by Alkaiser » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Need to include buff id for P/K "Enhanced Grace of Life" - 502033

<skill name="PRIEST_GRACE_OF_LIFE" aslevel="14" skilltab="4" skillnum="9" mana="30" manainc="3.0" range="200" type="buff" buffname="500517,502033" target="friendly" />

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Alkaiser wrote:Need to include buff id for P/K "Enhanced Grace of Life" - 502033
Ok done.

That's the second one like that now. I should probably have a look through all the passives for for ones that change buffs. (On second thought that's probably too much work. Better to just wait for people to tell me to fix something. :D)

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:06 am

It's been a bit quite lately so I've committed the changes so far.

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:54 am

rock5 wrote: BTW has anyone had the chance to see if I've fixed the getting stuck problem?
The getting stuck at waypoint when angle to next waypoint is at that funny spot still gets stuck.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual