Rock5's ToDo list

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Rock5's ToDo list

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:54 am

If you are ever wondering what I'm working on, you can check here.
  • Rock5's "to do" list:
  • Redo AutoLogin with account boxes and ingame functions. Being developed by swietlowka
  • Quest log memory functions. Progress 20%
  • Update lootBodies(). Progress Complete
  • Increase range of inventory to include transmutor and item shop. Progress Complete
  • AddressesTest, a program that tests all the addresses Progress 20%
  • EggPet class. Progress Complete
  • Get buffs and debuffs from memory. Progress Complete
  • Code that automatically reloads the skill set and action bar when changing class.Progress Complete
  • Option to switch waypoint files without restarting the bot.
  • Allow getQuestState() to accept quest Ids. Progress Complete
  • Moving house. Progress Complete
  • Quest accept and complete by name functions. Being developed by JackBlonder
  • Option to force close the game client when stuck to avoid dying. Progress Complete
  • Add function to mail mod to send an inventory item by slot number. Progress Complete
  • If the currently casting skill is the same as the last skill cast (and it's an instant cast and has no cooldown) then make it cast faster (spamming)
  • Add Y axis to waypoint files and use in distance calculations. Progress Complete
  • Guild function addon to send resources to guild. Being developed by Lisa
  • Update inventory item 'type' data for filtering purposes. Progress Complete
  • Fixing EggPet crafting ratios to use the ratio of materials in inventory instead of pet craft levels. Progress Complete
  • Fix RoMScript to always succeed. Progress Complete
  • Modify the bot to support assisting others, including party members and pets.
  • Get the bot to harvest as part of the mob targeting function.
  • An ingame addon to monitor any event specified by the user. Progress Complete
  • Add an optional user specified timeout value to waitForLoadingScreen() function. Progress Complete
  • Incorporate lootbodies() into the bot. Progress Complete
  • Create crafting functions. Progress Complete
  • Update the Fusion user functions to handle t4 items. Progress Complete
  • Add a "STATCOUNT" option to the autosell function.
  • Attempt to rewrite memory functions or at least tidy them up. Success! Progress Complete
  • Add skill ids to skill database, remove dependency on buff ids being exactly the right ones and add skill level gotten from memory.Progress 40%
(1 Jul) After my success at rewriting the memory functions I now feel more confident in using GetIdName to help with the skill casting.

PLEASE READ:
I try to edit the line above with the date every time I edit the list so you know how up-to-date it is and what I'm working on.

If you see something in the list that you are interested in but I don't seem to be working on it, feel free to let me know of your interest. That will increase it's priority to me. After all I'd rather work on something people want or have an immediate need for.

But please remember, this thread is not for making requests. This thread is only for discussions about the items already on the list. If you wish to make a request then start a new thread. If it's something I'd be interested in doing, I'll add it to the list.
Last edited by rock5 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:23 am, edited 9 times in total.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Starrider

Re: Rock5's ToDo list

#2 Post by Starrider » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 am

thx, pls add an addon for automatical Pet harvesting XD, there is still an information addon that puts the tools in the pet an then there comes an button an it will resume harvesting at the last mine. if it would be possible that the bot could use these functions an auto activate harvesting again it would be wonderful XD

jduartedj

#3 Post by jduartedj » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 am

Starrider wrote:thx, pls add an addon for automatical Pet harvesting XD, there is still an information addon that puts the tools in the pet an then there comes an button an it will resume harvesting at the last mine. if it would be possible that the bot could use these functions an auto activate harvesting again it would be wonderful XD
Check http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =21&t=1856
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

botje

#4 Post by botje » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:54 am

errr.... why make a topic saying you put it on your profile when you could post it here? xd

just post it, and sticky it, easy as pie :P

Botje

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 am

But I don't like to be presumptuous that this topic is important enough to sticky. So I expect this post to fade away but my profile is always easy to find. I don't know, maybe it would have been better to post them.

How many people want to see my todo list as a sticky?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

botje

#6 Post by botje » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 am

presumptuous? why would it be presumptuous?

your one of the coders, and we all want to see whats gonna be next, nothing presumptuous about that ^^

just sticky it man, you got my vote :)

Botje

swietlowka

#7 Post by swietlowka » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 am

u have my vote for every sticky that u could get in your mind...

jduartedj

#8 Post by jduartedj » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:13 am

swietlowka wrote:u have my vote for every sticky that u could get in your mind...
Yes It can be sticky, I vote in favor!

Also The sticky could have the work in progress of the rom-bot project, Admin could have post his progress if he was up for it, and so on for other coders.

Giram

#9 Post by Giram » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:54 am

Could there be also some suggestions and those things that are now under work? Like a wish list. And if someone has it or would be able to make some functions could help to make those.

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm

We do have a ToDo list in the private section of this forum (for only those that are actively working on the RoM bot), however, I would not like to clutter it up with people posting requests and other useless crap.

I have to admit, though, that it hasn't been used much; largely due to my absence as I am dislocated and currently working an additional 40 hours per week on top of my usual work.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:49 am

My intention for this thread is to share with people what I'm working on and to get their thoughts on it. I think I would prefer that if you want a feature, you start your own thread and ask for it. If I there is something I would like to tackle, I'll add it to this list.

Alkaiser

#12 Post by Alkaiser » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Wow! All good stuff. What is meant by "Moving House"?

EDIT: :idea: Oh! You mean you are moving in RL?

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:47 am

Alkaiser wrote:Wow! All good stuff. What is meant by "Moving House"?

:D Yes. Although it's already been a couple of months.

jduartedj

#14 Post by jduartedj » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 am

rock5 wrote:
Alkaiser wrote:Wow! All good stuff. What is meant by "Moving House"?

:D Yes. Although it's already been a couple of months.
Congratz, Rock!

wizzyslo

#15 Post by wizzyslo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Is not this allrdy finished?
# Get buffs and debuffs from memory.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... hilit=buff
Or you have somthing else in mind?

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

wizzyslo wrote:Is not this allrdy finished?
# Get buffs and debuffs from memory.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... hilit=buff
Or you have somthing else in mind?
If you look at that code you'll see that it uses RoMScript. I'm talking about getting the buff info from memory.

jduartedj

#17 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:32 pm

rock5 wrote: [*] Increase range of inventory to include transmutor and item shop

BTW: I'd be good to send the shop items to the item shop backpack! At least when opening the gift bag!

jduartedj

Target Specific Mobs

#18 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:43 pm

I've noticed there isn't a function o target a specific mob!
There is to target an NPC, to target an object (harvest it) nad to FIND name or ID (not target), I haven't tried using Target NPC to target the mob butshouldn't there be a Target mob function? Using target object causes aggro (hits him) and since target NPC speaks to the NPCS I suppose the same effect would happen with target NPC... So I wanna target a friendly mob and use an item on it! Well I had to kill the mob to use the item (suprisingly it worked w/ it dead!)...

rock5

Re: Target Specific Mobs

#19 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:37 am

jduartedj wrote:I've noticed there isn't a function o target a specific mob!
There is to target an NPC, to target an object (harvest it) nad to FIND name or ID (not target), I haven't tried using Target NPC to target the mob butshouldn't there be a Target mob function? Using target object causes aggro (hits him) and since target NPC speaks to the NPCS I suppose the same effect would happen with target NPC... So I wanna target a friendly mob and use an item on it! Well I had to kill the mob to use the item (suprisingly it worked w/ it dead!)...
There's no need for a function to target a specific mob as the bot has no need of it. If you need to, for a specific reason, first find the target using one of the 'find' functions (player:findEnemy() or player:findNearestNameOrId()), whichever suits your needs. Then use player:target(). That will target without attacking.

jduartedj

Re: Target Specific Mobs

#20 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:02 am

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote:I've noticed there isn't a function o target a specific mob!
There's no need for a function to target a specific mob as the bot has no need of it. If you need to, for a specific reason, first find the target using one of the 'find' functions (player:findEnemy() or player:findNearestNameOrId()), whichever suits your needs. Then use player:target(). That will target without attacking.
How do I tell player:target() to target the result from player:findNearestNameOrId()? does player:target() take any arguments?