Screw up! [Reverse]

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jduartedj

Screw up! [Reverse]

#1 Post by jduartedj » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:52 am

Hi,

While running a Waypoint in reverse (using __WPL:reverse();) I came across situation like this very often:

Code: Select all

(Coming from waypoint 8->7)
Moving to waypoint #7, (11792, 6063)
Moving to waypoint #9, (12325, 6477)
Moving to waypoint #8, (12151, 6340)
Moving to waypoint #2, (10416, 6361)
I've checked WAYPOINT_PASS and it's ok I even tried to set it to 9999999 so that it doesn't pass any point ever! No luck! Also tried 200 and 500 no difference really, in what matter for this topic ofc.

Any pointers here?
Last edited by jduartedj on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

AZV

Re: Reverse Screw up?

#2 Post by AZV » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 am

Same here, useless unless ur on type=TRAVEL.
this got Botential X

jduartedj

Re: Reverse Screw up?

#3 Post by jduartedj » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:40 am

AZV wrote:Same here, useless unless ur on type=TRAVEL.
hmmmm The problem is When Ii use type=TRAVEL it doesnt work instead it runs as if type=RUN so it ignores mobs!!

instead what I do is I use

profile.options.mobs = {"some mob name"};
if "some mob name" is something that is not on this map then it'll only attack when aggro'd!
but ill try that again ...

Also whats with the ZigZagging?

EDIT: [[

Hmm seems like it's not only on reverse either! Admin? Rock5? Help, Please?!

]]

Alkaiser

Re: Screw up! [Reverse and Forward]

#4 Post by Alkaiser » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:23 pm

I too have experienced this odd behavior while moving in BACKWARDS direction in NORMAL mode. As stated above, TRAVEL mode seemed to be unaffected, except for one occasion. But that may have been related to lag.

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Let me get this straight. If you run a waypoint in reverse, it jumps around to random waypoints unless it's set to TRAVEL mode?
hmmmm The problem is When Ii use type=TRAVEL it doesnt work instead it runs as if type=RUN so it ignores mobs!!
TRAVEL is supposed to ignore all enemies (including aggressive ones) -- as in you need to travel to town. RUN will move quicker through an area by ignoring what it can and only fighting back. At least that's how it should be working.

jduartedj

#6 Post by jduartedj » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Administrator wrote:Let me get this straight. If you run a waypoint in reverse, it jumps around to random waypoints unless it's set to TRAVEL mode?
Yes, and In forward mode too! (not reverse) like 10, 9 ,8, 3 ,4 , 11, 7 etc....
Administrator wrote: TRAVEL is supposed to ignore all enemies (including aggressive ones) -- as in you need to travel to town. RUN will move quicker through an area by ignoring what it can and only fighting back. At least that's how it should be working.
This is my bad then I thought it was the other way around!
I'm gonna test it on RUN mode then...

Alkaiser

#7 Post by Alkaiser » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Administrator wrote:Let me get this straight. If you run a waypoint in reverse, it jumps around to random waypoints unless it's set to TRAVEL mode?
This has been my experience. I gave up running waypoints backwards in mob areas as it was too unreliable.
jduartedj wrote:Yes, and In forward mode too! (not reverse) like 10, 9 ,8, 3 ,4 , 11, 7 etc....
I haven't had any trouble running waypoints in the forward direction.

jduartedj

Re: Screw up! [Reverse ]

#8 Post by jduartedj » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Alkaiser wrote:
This has been my experience. I gave up running waypoints backwards in mob areas as it was too unreliable.
jduartedj wrote:Yes, and In forward mode too! (not reverse) like 10, 9 ,8, 3 ,4 , 11, 7 etc....
I haven't had any trouble running waypoints in the forward direction.
AH my bad again,

It is ONLY on reverse! I had a file that was loaded from another thas was in reverse and didn't notice it was going reverse also. fix it.

I don't have any use in running reverse in mobbed areas but never the less it should b lookd into.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:15 am

I see a problem in CWaypointList:getNextWaypoint(_num). i'm not sure if it's the cause of the problem but maybe Administrator can have a look at it as I'm not sure I follow it.

local hf_wpnum;
	if( self.Direction == WPT_FORWARD ) then
		hf_wpnum = self.CurrentWaypoint + _num;
		if( hf_wpnum > #self.Waypoints ) then
			self.CurrentWaypoint = hf_wpnum - #self.Waypoints;
		end
	else
		self.CurrentWaypoint = self.CurrentWaypoint - _num;
		if( self.CurrentWaypoint < 1 ) then
			self.CurrentWaypoint = math.abs(#self.Waypoints - math.abs(self.CurrentWaypoint));
		end
		hf_wpnum = self.CurrentWaypoint;
	end
I don't understand why the forward and reverse code are completely different. I would have expected the reverse to be the same as the forward but in reverse ie.

hf_wpnum = self.CurrentWaypoint - _num;
		if( hf_wpnum < 1 ) then
			self.CurrentWaypoint = hf_wpnum + #self.Waypoints;
		end
But, regardless, it looks like CurrentWaypoint gets set correctly.

hf_wpnum on the other-hand returns 2 different values. If forward, the hf_wpnum = self.CurrentWaypoint + _num which has the possibility of being more than #self.Waypoints but if reverse then hf_wpnum = the new self.CurrentWaypoint.

1 of these, I assume, is not the intended value.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#10 Post by jduartedj » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:01 am

The thing is... It doesn't start right away (at least for me) doing that!

I think IT DOES have something to do w/ taht code you presented rock5 like so:

it check for a negative value lets say self.CurrentWaypoint = -2
then it subtracts total to the abs of 2 so lets say total=10; 10-2 = 8
I noticed 2 and 8 complement each other(in 10) because of this and The errors I get are usually symmetrical!

My waypoint file has total= 11
and i usually get stuff like
11,10,9,8->3 and then like 3,2->10
The values aren't exactly symmetrical always! But many times, especially at the beginning, they are!

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm unable to reproduce this, but have an Idea of what could be causing it. I think that after killing a creature it, it will attempt to go to the 'next' (as in forward) waypoint before continuing back to the point it should be going.

If you would, the next time you notice this happening, please make a note of the last few waypoints reached and post them here. It would also help to provide a count of how many waypoints are in that waypoint list.

jduartedj

#12 Post by jduartedj » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Administrator wrote:I'm unable to reproduce this, but have an Idea of what could be causing it. I think that after killing a creature it, it will attempt to go to the 'next' (as in forward) waypoint before continuing back to the point it should be going.

If you would, the next time you notice this happening, please make a note of the last few waypoints reached and post them here. It would also help to provide a count of how many waypoints are in that waypoint list.
I can reproduce this with a specific waypoint file as long as I don't use travel or run types.

Would you like me to teste it with the default profile so we can rule out(or not) any kind profile missconfiguration?

Administrator
Site Admin

#13 Post by Administrator » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Yes. If it happens with one specific waypoint list, provide that as well.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:19 am

I just did some fixes to getNextWaypoint in revision 528. See if that fixes things.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#15 Post by jduartedj » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:59 am

rock5 wrote:I just did some fixes to getNextWaypoint in revision 528. See if that fixes things.
I will test it today.

Rom Botter

#16 Post by Rom Botter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:53 am

why use reverse direction at all...??? just make ur last waypoint next or near to ur first waypoint and all is fixed?? then make a repair path, and start that near ur first/last waypoint so that when needed (GetMainDurability if larger then 100 go to waypoint 1 else go to first waypoint of repair path...) or something... thats how i do it or am i now being very difficult in the way i think?? XD
I think people need to be educated on the fact the marijuana is NOT a drug... marijuana is a plant and an herb, GOD put it here... if GOD put it here, what gives the GOVERNMENT the right to say GOD is WRONG??? ~ Willie Nelson

jduartedj

#17 Post by jduartedj » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 am

Rom Botter wrote:why use reverse direction at all...??? just make ur last waypoint next or near to ur first waypoint and all is fixed?? then make a repair path, and start that near ur first/last waypoint so that when needed (GetMainDurability if larger then 100 go to waypoint 1 else go to first waypoint of repair path...) or something... thats how i do it or am i now being very difficult in the way i think?? XD
it is usefull in many ways, mostly applies to specific cases!

Rom Botter

#18 Post by Rom Botter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 am

jduartedj wrote:
Rom Botter wrote:why use reverse direction at all...??? just make ur last waypoint next or near to ur first waypoint and all is fixed?? then make a repair path, and start that near ur first/last waypoint so that when needed (GetMainDurability if larger then 100 go to waypoint 1 else go to first waypoint of repair path...) or something... thats how i do it or am i now being very difficult in the way i think?? XD
really? never found a case i needed it... got any suggestions where it could be applied for best botting performance?
I think people need to be educated on the fact the marijuana is NOT a drug... marijuana is a plant and an herb, GOD put it here... if GOD put it here, what gives the GOVERNMENT the right to say GOD is WRONG??? ~ Willie Nelson

jduartedj

#19 Post by jduartedj » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 am

Rom Botter wrote:
jduartedj wrote:
really? never found a case i needed it... got any suggestions where it could be applied for best botting performance?
in my case Its the following:

I have a path that goes from A to B (A-----B) but when it reaches A or B it'll load a different path to execute other stuff and return that to point so A->B, B-> other stuff, otherstuff->B then I want it to return to A, B-->A (reverse) If I use A--->B--->A' (A==A') he'd be stuck in B everytime he'd be back from doing other stuff Because at B he loads otherstuff. Anyway it is much better to work w/ half the waypoints! It is easier to create, easier to work with and debug!

Rom Botter

#20 Post by Rom Botter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 am

jduartedj wrote:
Rom Botter wrote:
jduartedj wrote:
in my case Its the following:

I have a path that goes from A to B (A-----B) but when it reaches A or B it'll load a different path to execute other stuff and return that to point so A->B, B-> other stuff, otherstuff->B then I want it to return to A, B-->A (reverse) If I use A--->B--->A' (A==A') he'd be stuck in B everytime he'd be back from doing other stuff Because at B he loads otherstuff. Anyway it is much better to work w/ half the waypoints! It is easier to create, easier to work with and debug!
yeah its definitely true that its half the waypoints, but like u said, ull get stuck at B if u dont use it, thats why i make a full "round" so that my A and B are as good as next to each other, so i dont have to use allot of coding in my waypoints :)

then again, its just a personal thing i like to do:P i dont mind pressing some more buttons to add more waypoints then to edit my waypoints with allot of "difficult" (for some) coding :)

but still thanks for ur insight into how other people use the waypoints ;)