Patch 5.0.5

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
noobbotter

Re: Patch 5.0.5

#61 Post by noobbotter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Need help. Since yesterday's update, I can't get mine working. I've tried completely re-installing the bot, have it at Rev 743 but it keeps telling me that I have the ingamefunctions folder at version 4 and need it at 5. I've closed the game, re-copied the directory from devtools into the addons folder and restarted the game and continues to tell me the same thing. Any ideas? Everything in SVN tells me everything is up to date. Thanks. Also, I get the same error when I try RC2.

lisa

#62 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Hmm I just went through the same steps updating from 740 to 743 and it worked fine.

Check your files are all green and if not then do a SVN revert before copying the ingamefunctions files to the runes of magic folder.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

noobbotter

#63 Post by noobbotter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I've tried again by completely removing the rom folder (backing up my stuff), doing an update to 743, copy the ingamefunctions folder over into addons, and still get the same thing. Can't figure out why. Does a /run ReloadUI() do the same as restarting game in this case?

grande

#64 Post by grande » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Doesn't really sound like you're following Lisa's directions verbatim:
1. SVN update micromacro/scripts/rom folder
2. SVN revert micromacro/scripts/rom folder
3. delete Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons/ingamefunctions folder
4. copy micromacro/scripts/rom/devtools/ingamefunctions folder to Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons folder
5. restart game
6. If still not working try "rom/update"

lisa

#65 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 pm

noobbotter wrote:I've tried again by completely removing the rom folder (backing up my stuff), doing an update to 743, copy the ingamefunctions folder over into addons, and still get the same thing. Can't figure out why. Does a /run ReloadUI() do the same as restarting game in this case?
You should completely close the game and start it again.
5. restart game
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

noobbotter

#66 Post by noobbotter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Followed it verbatim. Still same thing. Telling me
"10:18pm - The 'ingamefunctions' folder, in the games 'interface/addons' folder,
is out of date. Current version is 5, you have 4. To update, right-click the 'in
terface/addons/ingamefunctions' folder and select 'SVN Update' or copy the 'inga
mefunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the games 'interface/addons' folder.
Then restart the game."

I've tried everything i can think of to update the ingamefunctions folder but it always tells me it's an old version. And yes, I restart the game after copying it over.

rock5

#67 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:00 am

To me, it sounds like you are doing everything correctly. And yes, I'm pretty sure a "ReloadUI()" should work.

I think the most likely cause of your problem is you are copying the ingamefunctions folder to the wrong location or into the wrong installation of the game (if you have more than one). Make absolutely sure you are copying it to the right location. As a last resort, do a hard drive search for the file "ingamefunctions.lua". If it says you have '4' then the old file must exist somewhere. Once you find it you might have a better idea of what is happening. You can recognize an old file by the first line. The old file has

Code: Select all

IGF_INSTALLED = 4;
The new file has

IGF_INSTALLED = 5;
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#68 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 am

I was just informed of a bug with partying in rev 743. It seems I accidentally reverted a line to a previous state. I'm unable to commit it at the moment so here is the fixed file. Maybe someone else can commit it for me. I'll go and fix the same issue with the RC file.

------------
Edit: Committed in 744 so do an SVN update.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#69 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:11 am

rock5 wrote:Maybe someone else can commit it for me.
*looks left, looks right*
Hmm ok I'll do it lol

Committed it as is, didn't even check what you changed.

fixed a skill in skills database, the cooldown for ALL_ELEMENTAL_SPIRIT_STONE_ESSENCE

I changed default profile to be with the updated party options.

rock5

#70 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 am

Cool. I can check them off my list then.

Edit: Hm... Looks like you forgot to update l1-10.xml. Oh well, next time I guess.

lisa

#71 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 am

rock5 wrote:Edit: Hm... Looks like you forgot to update l1-10.xml. Oh well, next time I guess.
For a good 10 seconds I was thinking "what are you on about" then I realised you meant the profile lol

abron1

#72 Post by abron1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:53 am

I've tried again by completely removing the rom folder (backing up my stuff), doing an update to 743, copy the ingamefunctions folder over into addons, and still get the same thing. Can't figure out why. Does a /run ReloadUI() do the same as restarting game in this case?
i remember having that same problem and what i had found out was that i had copied the ingamefunctions folder into one of my addons so when i would try to add the new version it would never change lol so check your other addons and see if you did the same thing... work for me hope that helps

rock5

#73 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 am

abron1 wrote:i remember having that same problem and what i had found out was that i had copied the ingamefunctions folder into one of my addons so when i would try to add the new version it would never change lol so check your other addons and see if you did the same thing... work for me hope that helps
I just tested that. You are right. I thought it only loaded the toc file in the immediate addon folder but it looks like it loads subfolders too. So it looks like my advice above would have uncovered this anyway :). Just so you know, if this did happen to you then most likely the extra igf folder will be in a later addon folder because the addons are loaded alphabetically.

lisa

#74 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:45 am

I remember one time I pasted the ingamefunctions files into the ingamescripts addon folder, had me stumped for ages why the bot wasn't working properly.

noobbotter

#75 Post by noobbotter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:04 am

Ok, I found my problem. I had made a backup copy of the ingamefunctions folder, named it oldingamefunctions, but left it in the addons folder. Apparently the game kept reading that backup file into memory after first reading the newer one. I got rid of the backup directory and everything worked correctly. Thanks for your help everyone.

Rickster

#76 Post by Rickster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi,

in 80% off all cases using ChangeChar() i get the following error message

5:54pm - IGF:[string "local a={GetKeyboardFocus():ClearFocus()} r..."]:1: attempt to index a nil value
the bot stops during the relog, but the client successfully relogs to the next char.

another thing in 30% of all cases using a transportportal i am told, that the loading screen did not apear although it appeared.
Because NPCTeleport() looks for nearest wp after trying to transport, wp continous, but often seems to not recognise the loading screen.

Ric

rock5

#77 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Follow the instructions here to fix that error. I'll commit RC2 soon which includes that fix.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 210#p42210

With the teleport issue, it depends how you use it and how good your computer is. Some people have really fast computers and connections and some even claim not to see a loading screen. So it is possible the loading screen comes and goes before the npcteleport notices. Otherwise let me see the code you use in that waypoint.

chesterfield

#78 Post by chesterfield » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:10 am

1. SVN update micromacro/scripts/rom folder
2. SVN revert micromacro/scripts/rom folder
3. delete Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons/ingamefunctions folder
4. copy micromacro/scripts/rom/devtools/ingamefunctions folder to Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons folder
5. restart game
6. If still not working try "rom/update"

but............

Testing 'ingamefunctions' macro. If it gets stuck here, please update the 'ingam
efunctions' by copying the 'ingamefunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the g
ames 'interface/addons' folder.
MACRO Test: ok
Did not find any crashed game clients.
8:58am - The 'ingamefunctions' folder, in the games 'interface/addons' folder, i
s out of date. Current version is 5, you have 4. To update, right-click the 'int
erface/addons/ingamefunctions' folder and select 'SVN Update' or copy the 'ingam
efunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the games 'interface/addons' folder. T
hen restart the game.

i cant english..
version 5, can someone upload it to me?? :?:

lisa

#79 Post by lisa » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 am

chesterfield wrote:8:58am - The 'ingamefunctions' folder, in the games 'interface/addons' folder, i
s out of date. Current version is 5, you have 4. To update, right-click the 'int
erface/addons/ingamefunctions' folder and select 'SVN Update' or copy the 'ingam
efunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the games 'interface/addons' folder. T
hen restart the game.

Do this
chesterfield wrote: 3. delete Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons/ingamefunctions folder
5. restart game

Rickster

#80 Post by Rickster » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:49 am

rock5 wrote:Follow the instructions here to fix that error. I'll commit RC2 soon which includes that fix.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 210#p42210

With the teleport issue, it depends how you use it and how good your computer is.[..] Otherwise let me see the code you use in that waypoint.
with the above instructions there are no more probs witch changechar()
also there ae no more probs when using NPCTeleport()

thank you! :)

if you are just interested a typical scenario for using NPCTeleport() is

<!-- # 15 --><waypoint x="-2" z="5026" y="685">
		NPCTeleport("Ailics Gehilfe", "Ruinen")
		__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:getNearestWaypoint(player.X, player.Z));				
	</waypoint>
Ric