course of terror WP

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
MinMax

Re: course of terror WP

#221 Post by MinMax » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 am

You can prevent this error by teleport up in two steps. Get off from the ground and then you can teleport in higher steps without an error.

I think if Rock would build to his teleport function a stepsize for the y ( i think Y max is 40 ) , with a short delay, you don´t get an error. ( i hope he don´t have this, because i didn´t check his tele. )

rock5

#222 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:15 am

Does it only do an error at the start of the room? Because that is the only time it goes up more than 40 (from 28 to 75). When going from seal to seal it goes up from 57 to 75. That's only 18.

If you want to try a shorter steps when going up look for this line around line 81

Code: Select all

teleport(nil,nil,75) 			-- go up to height if 75
and change it to

teleport_SetStepSize(40)        -- Try different values here
				teleport(nil,nil,75)            -- go up to height if 75
				teleport_SetStepSize(115)       -- restore to default
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MinMax

#223 Post by MinMax » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 pm

in my opinion the error comes only when you rise from ground . Today i have no time to login rom. I will test it tomorow with the commandLine. The max teleport distance from ground/up and up/up

MinMax

#224 Post by MinMax » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:32 am

the max step value for rising is 50. It doesn´t matter to rise from the ground or higher. With 51 you get the error message.For my personal using i will set the stepsize to 45.( As precaution for lags or waypoint troubles in case of a fight.)

(tested in Terror and Treasure )

rock5

#225 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:05 am

I just uploaded a fixed version of cot_tele version 1.71 that can handle the better accuracy of rombot rev 678.

The only other change is, I fixed the time, displayed at the end, to properly show 2 digits for the seconds, even when the seconds is less than 10.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#226 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:05 am

when using the charlist option it calls a function I don't have.
Line 44

loadprofile()
I just commented it out and use Default profile anyway, since no killing involved it works fine.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#227 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:30 am

It's the same as in 1.7. I'm surprised no one has picked up on it before. I think the reason I never see it is because I always run survivalr5 which starts cot_tele. The function gets loaded in survivalr5 so is already loaded when cot_tele calls it. Obviously when I copied a lot of the stuff from survivalr5 I forgot to copy that function.

Actually that's not right, like you said, loading the profile is not necessary so I probably left it out on purpose but accidentally copied the call for that function.

So, yeh, the solution would be to remove that line.

Atlas123

#228 Post by Atlas123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:01 am

Hi there,

Sorry if i missread the previous comments and it is the same thing. I have updated micromacro, the ingame functions and waypoint.

I have updated everything and things work but now my character is moving after picking up every key (sometimes flies a bit, sometimes unfly then fly), this gives the red message (didnt have it before)"error on cleint side report ed to server"

thanks

lisa

#229 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:11 am

rock5 wrote: I'm surprised no one has picked up on it before
I have been using the same loginxml for like 8 months, I only just updated it the other day to try this logging from acc to acc.
Unfortunately mine stops at the character screen saying to enter secondary password and even when I click the button it gives me the same error.
Logging characters using same account works fine for me though.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#230 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:43 am

Atlas123 wrote:I have updated everything and things work but now my character is moving after picking up every key (sometimes flies a bit, sometimes unfly then fly), this gives the red message (didnt have it before)"error on cleint side report ed to server"
The error message is normal and doesn't affect the performance. The character might move occationally if it teleported a bit too high or something but it shouldn't move away from the tile. It's impossible for it to unfly and fly while collecting tiles as those commands are only executed when entering the room and leaving the room. I don't know how yours could be stopping flying and then flying again.

Just had a thought, are you using cot.lua or cot_tele?

Atlas123

#231 Post by Atlas123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:53 am

cot.tele 1.71 as updated here

probably the fly/unfly thing must have been some visual thing between the client and server. You are right it does not fly outside the tile, its just a bit but was not doing it before the latest updated.

Probably im just being too dramatic no worries ^^

Thank you again :)

rock5

#232 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:04 am

It seems a bit excessive that it moves every time. Has anything else changed in you bot or game setup?

Atlas123

#233 Post by Atlas123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:24 am

Not every time just every time after it picks up a key.

On survival the character unflies every time after it starts an action (e.g. fly(no travel as intended)>teleport>action (e.g. start with tile)>unfly (during tile)>teleport>character already flying>start again.

I did move the micromacro folder away and replaced it to the original location, other than that I just updated as stated above.

Seems to be something out of the ordinary so I will reinstall the micromacro elements and waypoints etc from scratch and see what happens.

rock5

#234 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:45 am

Atlas123 wrote:Not every time just every time after it picks up a key.
Maybe it's a lag issue or something. It works perfectly for me. What I'm understanding is it's still getting the job done? If so well just let it be for now.
Atlas123 wrote:On survival the character unflies every time after it starts an action (e.g. fly(no travel as intended)>teleport>action (e.g. start with tile)>unfly (during tile)>teleport>character already flying>start again.
You're not talking about when it get hit by a wave and knocked over are you? It is only set to unfly when a mob appears under a tile.

Atlas123

#235 Post by Atlas123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 am

You're not talking about when it get hit by a wave and knocked over are you? It is only set to unfly when a mob appears under a tile.
It does it also when no mobs e.g. when opening chest or breaking a tile.

With Goblins I have a similar issue where the character is flying then droping to floor level until walking :S (thankfully i noticed before I got mobbed).

I must have something going very wrong with my set-up, will have to look tomorrow.

rock5

#236 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Maybe it's a problem with your swim hack or the version you are using.

Nero

#237 Post by Nero » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:08 pm

My rig still hasn't arrived and I'm unable to check, but my friend sent me a message that cot_tele doesn't work in v680. Apparently, the problem is that when teleporting into the place where you do the minigame, bot tries to go to wp#1, which is impossible as you're unable to move until you talk to malatina, and wp#1 is just a tiny bit from the place that you get ported into - so there's an endless loop of unsticking (which fails as you can't move).

I'm not sure what might cause this - NPCs gets targeted correctly, as the script gets into instance as it should. Without working MM I can't say more.

@Edit - I've put together bits and pieces from cot_tele that I'm 99% sure will work for now.

Two things - first change around line 200
Original is

if RoMScript("GetNumSpeakOption()") > 0 then -- enter game
				sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);");
				if not waitForLoadingScreen(30) then
					print("Failed to teleport into Course of Terror")
					logentry = "Failed to teleport into Course of Terror."
					checkRelog()
				end
				yrest(1000)
				__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:getNearestWaypoint(player.X,player.Z))
change the whole piece that I've pasted to this

if RoMScript("GetNumSpeakOption()") > 0 then -- enter game
				waitForLoadingScreen(30);
				yrest(1000);
				loadPaths("startcot");
second change is a short waypoint, that basically consists of a few lines copied from cot_tele. I'll just post the whole content of WP here - just copy it

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints type="TRAVEL" >

<onload><![CDATA[

Malatina = GetIdName(111813)

player:target_NPC(Malatina);
	yrest(2000);
	sendMacro("ChoiceOption(2);");
	yrest(2000);
	yrest(30000);
	loadPaths("cot_tele");

]]></onload>

</waypoints>
Nup firend whom I did it for went offline anyway, but if anyone wants to do it today, until it's fixed - give it a try

lisa

#238 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Hmm mine works fine, just ran 30 chars through it.

rock5

#239 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 pm

The issue first came up I think revision 677 and I posted a fixed version of cot_tele soon after. Just update to latest Cot_tele.

Atlas123

#240 Post by Atlas123 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:53 am

Maybe it's a problem with your swim hack or the version you are using.
Yes that was the problem... I cower in shame into a corner...

Thanks ^^