Midnight Whispers Dailies in Merdhin Tundra

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
WonderBoB

Midnight Whispers Dailies in Merdhin Tundra

#1 Post by WonderBoB » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Okay so I have built this way point file to carry out the heavy lifting to complete 12 of the 14 dailies in Midnight Whispers in Merdhin Tundra. The scope of this project at the moment is to simply carry out the killing, gathering, ect... not to pick up or turn in the quests.

Also note this seems to work so far with the EoJ quests as well as the first time you have to do the quests here!
Please note: If you have the Daily and event Quests in your log together then the script may read the quest states incorrectly....

Here is a list of the quests I have it working on:

Wrath of the Forest
Need to Know Herbs
Capra and Carts
Pure Nature's Power
Woodland Delirium
Woodland Disgust
Notes from Experience
Conversation Bridge
Miracle Cure
Tilling Hope
Foul Remains
Woodland Distrust

Now there are 2 other quests in the camp but I ignore them because in the current state one is broken and the other breaks the loot interface when the quest is in your log.
The Quest to avoid is:
Eliminating the Frenzied Ones -- This quest will break the loot interface for some of the mobs.
The Story of our Forefathers -- This quest is not included as I currently cannot test it with the objective not spawning correctly.

Now for the files this currently uses 3 way point and 1 function files.

Midnight_Daily.xml -- Main file
Balloons_MW_Daily.xml
Kaluga_Housemaid.xml
MW_functions.lua

!!!!!!!!!!!Please help me test this for any bug that may not be present so that I can try and fix them Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Download and extract zip file to your
scripts/rom/waypoints/ folder
It should create a folder called MW_Dailies

Revision History:
V0.001 - starting testing point and cry for help =)
V0.2 - Rebuild of file structure, moved files into a folder for a cleaner bot list, updated code on quest logic and added Mob tables
V0.3 - Implemented Functions file, cleaned up some code, added needed mobs to the file,
V0.4 - Cleaned up code, added more functions, updated functions, and added code optimizations.
V0.5 - V0.9 - Lots of changes to functions
V1.0b - Current stable release ready for testing, Way points have been reduced and other code optimized as well, also added Mount function to returning to House maid.

I want to add a special thank you to Rock5 for all his help on this project without him I may still be fighting to get it working!
Attachments
MW_Dailies_V1_0b.zip
V1.0b - Stable
Enjoy!
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Last edited by WonderBoB on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Life without code is like sex without a partner..

Checkout my Midnight Whispers Dailies in Merdhin Tundra
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 420#p48420

rock5

Re: Midnight Whispers Dailies - Waypoint file - help needed

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 pm

WonderBoB wrote:Midnight_daily needs to call Balloons_MW_Daily.xml ONLY when balloon fragments are Less then 10.

Code: Select all

if 10 > inventory:ItemTotalCount("Balloon Fragment") then 
    loadPaths("Balloons.MW_Daily")
end
WonderBoB wrote:Also need help figuring out how to get the bot to only attack the quest mobs that it needs and then when all quests that need killing is done only defend its self.
To attack only certain mobs

settings.profile.mobs = {"mob1","mob2"}
To change the waypoint type

__WPL:setForcedWaypointType("RUN")
WonderBoB wrote:Also I need help with when all 12 quests are done then it will go the the house maid calling the Kaluga_Housemaid.xml
That's a little bit more complex. You would have to check the status of all the quests. Are you intending to do this check in onhvst()? If so you could number all the queststatus's and do something like

if queststatus1 == "complete" and queststate2 == "complete" and etc...
    loadPaths("Kaluga_Housemaid")
end
Note, the above code was done from memory and is untested so there could be typos in it. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

WonderBoB

#3 Post by WonderBoB » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 am

Thanks for that fast reply!

I have came across another problem kinda, it seems that the Solid wood from the Gutai's Wrath you can only have 500 of them as well, so I will also have to have a check to ignore them unless they attack me if I have 500 wood from them.

Thank you on the code for less then 10 on the fragments ! Was having issues working around not using < in the formula...

As for the information on setting what mobs to kill in the waypoint file

settings.profile.mobs = {"mob1","mob2"}
Would work fine if the mobs to attack was the same through the entire run of the file... instead what I am looking for is something like:

queststate = getQuestStatus("Woodland Disgust");
	if queststate == "incomplete" then
        settings.profile.mobs = {"Gutai's Dreads"}
        else
        settings.profile.mobs = {""}
	end		
But here is where i am running to the problem would that not over write the settings on each quest??

what i am looking for is quest1 u need to kill mob1 and quest2 u need mob2 ect..
now when quest1 is finished ignore mob1 but keep killing mob 2 and so on.

so for the completing of all quests what I could do to clean up some of my code even is have:

function getQS()
     queststate1 = getQuestStatus("Wrath of the Forest");
     queststate2 = getQuestStatus("Need to Know Herbs");
     queststate3 = getQuestStatus("Capra and Carts");
     queststate4 = getQuestStatus("Pure Nature's Power");
     queststate5 = getQuestStatus("Woodland Delirium");
     queststate6 = getQuestStatus("Woodland Disgust");
     queststate7 = getQuestStatus("Notes from Experience");
     queststate8 = getQuestStatus("Conversation Bridge");
     queststate9 = getQuestStatus("Miracle Cure");
     queststate10 = getQuestStatus("Tilling Hope");
     queststate11 = getQuestStatus("Foul Remains");
     queststate12 = getQuestStatus("Woodland Distrust");
end

function onhvst()
			getQS()
			if queststate8 == "incomplete" then
				print("Searching for Moon Weeping Grass!!")
				if player:findNearestNameOrId("Moon Weeping Grass") then
					player:target_Object("Moon Weeping Grass")
					yrest(500) -- If not enough time to pick up bag, increase it.
				end
			end

if queststate9 == "incomplete" then
				print("Searching for Golden GrassRoot!!")
				if player:findNearestNameOrId("Golden Grassroot") then
					player:target_Object("Golden Grassroot")
					yrest(500) -- If not enough time to pick, increase it.
				end
			end

if queststate2 == "incomplete" then
				print("Searching for Common Herbs!!")
				if player:findNearestNameOrId("Common Herb") then
					player:target_Object("Common Herb")
				end
			end

if queststate10 == "incomplete" then
				print("Searching for Abundance of Soil!!")
				if player:findNearestNameOrId("Abundance of Soil") then
					player:target_Object("Abundance of Soil")
				end
			end

if queststate1 and queststate2 and queststate3 and queststate4 and queststate5 and queststate6 and queststate7 and queststate8 and queststate9 and queststate10 and queststate11 and queststate12 == "complete" then
				loadPaths("Kaluga_Housemaid.xml");
				end
		end

Or instead of each queststate could I use

if getQS() == "complete" then
??
or would it just load the new waypoint file if any of the quests complete instead of all of them.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 am

WonderBoB wrote:what i am looking for is quest1 u need to kill mob1 and quest2 u need mob2 ect.. now when quest1 is finished ignore mob1 but keep killing mob 2 and so on.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... filechange

Just add and remove mobs when you check the quest status, instead of completely over riding the mob table.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 am

WonderBoB wrote:But here is where i am running to the problem would that not over write the settings on each quest??
Yes it would. You could use lisas function but I personally never liked it because you can never know exactly what's in the list because you don't know what you started with. If you want to kill just one mob why add it to a list of mobs you don't want to attack anyway? Using my method gives you more control and makes sure you only attack the mobs you want it to attack.

So, the mobs list is basically a table so you could add them at each quest check. You would have to empty it first.

settings.profile.mobs = {} -- Empty list

do quest check 1
    table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "mob name 1")
end

do quest check 2
    table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "mob name 2")
end
Note, this means if no mobs get added to the list then the list would be empty so it would attack everything so you might have to add

if #settings.profile.mobs == 0 then
end
to stop it attacking anything.
WonderBoB wrote:so for the completing of all quests what I could do to clean up some of my code even is have:

function getQS()
     queststate1 = getQuestStatus("Wrath of the Forest");
     queststate2 = getQuestStatus("Need to Know Herbs");
     queststate3 = getQuestStatus("Capra and Carts");
I don't know if I like the idea of onhvst() using all those variables from another function. I would just put the contents of getQS() at the top of onhvst() but, yes, that would work. But you did the last "if" statement wrong. It would have to be.

if queststate1 == "complete" and queststate2 == "complete" and queststate3 == "complete" and queststate4 == "complete" and
				queststate5 == "complete" and queststate6 == "complete" and queststate7 == "complete" and queststate8 == "complete" and 
				queststate9 == "complete" and queststate10 == "complete" and queststate11 == "complete" and queststate12 == "complete" then
				loadPaths("Kaluga_Housemaid.xml");
            end
WonderBoB wrote:Or instead of each queststate could I use

if getQS() == "complete" then
??
I don't think so because you will always have to check each quest individually if "incomplete" and then all of them if "complete".
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:13 am

rock5 wrote:You could use lisas function but I personally never liked it because you can never know exactly what's in the list because you don't know what you started with.
Except you can't remove any names by doing it with the code you posted, so once you have completed a quest it would continue to kill the mobs required for that quest, which is not needed.

It wouldn't be hard to create a backup of the original mob table int he userfunction in case you need to "reset" the mob table at any stage, I just never saw the need for it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 am

lisa wrote:Except you can't remove any names by doing it with the code you posted, so once you have completed a quest it would continue to kill the mobs required for that quest, which is not needed.
The intention of my code is each time it checks the quests, it clears the mob list and recreates it, only adding the mobs it wants to kill.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 am

I think I missunderstood what you meant, I thought you wanted to be able to go back to the profile settings for the tables, seems you just wanted to get rid of those values from profile.

So yeah I guess I am lost, why would you want to ignore your profile settings?

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:21 am

The way I see it is profile settings are general settings and waypoint settings are specific settings for that file. So the waypoint setting should overwrite profile settings. Lets say you have a waypoint file that kills Mushrooms. In the onload you add

changeOptionFriendMob("mob", "Mushroom", "Add")
When that quest is finished you load the next waypoint file that kills Wolves. At the top of this file you use

changeOptionFriendMob("mob", "Wolf", "Add")
Now you only want to attack wolves but it will attack the mushrooms too and anything else in your mobs list. Why would you want to leave the mobs, listed in your profile, in the mobs list when you only want to kill 1 type of mob? Of course none of this applies to the friends list.

I think we are not going to see eye to eye on this which is why I never brought it up before. I think we have to just accept that in this case we see things differently.

WonderBoB

#10 Post by WonderBoB » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:25 am

Okay , the issue is :

Profile is set to kill all mobs by default ... works
Now what we are working toward is the script reads the quests and sets the profile to kill ONLY quest mobs then as the Quests complete it ignores the mobs unless attacked. until finally it sets the waypoint to RUN

now here is what i have done :

getQS()
settings.profile.mobs = {""} -- Empty List

if queststate1 == "incomplete" then
				print("loading Gutai's Wraths into mob list")
				table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "Gutai's Wraths")
			end

if queststate5 == "incomplete" then
				print("loading Frenzied Form into mob list")
				table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "Frenzied Form")
			end
			<!-- adding more logic -->

if #settings.profile.mobs == 0 then
				print("kill list empty setting waypoint to RUN")
			end
now here is the problem the logic of the script works as I get MM prints but for some reason the bot continues to kill everything in its path.

EDIT: Apparently I see things like rock5 does =)

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 am

I'm not sure what the situation is like at the location of this quest but if you are calling the function at each waypoint then it wont update the mobs list until it reaches the next waypoint. In some places in the game mobs spawn so fast that you never move onto the next waypoint. Is that what is happening here? Do you see messages in MM saying that it is reaching the waypoints or is it always saying that it is moving to the same waypoint number?

Or it could be because you used {""}. That creates a table with 1 empty string in it. You want to create an empty table so it should be {}.

WonderBoB

#12 Post by WonderBoB » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:04 am

yep you was right it was the {""} getting late, I will post a update to the waypoint file in the morning thanx rock!

WonderBoB

Re: Midnight Whispers Dailies in Merdhin Tundra

#13 Post by WonderBoB » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:54 pm

Well, so far everything looks to be working right except the following:

if 10 > inventory:ItemTotalCount("Balloon Monster Remains") then
		loadPaths("MW_Dailies/Balloons_MW_Daily.xml")
	end
when this is executed I get the following error:

12:12am - [string "     ..."]:2: attempt to call method 'ItemTotalCount' (a nil
value)
Now I am thinking that possibly I need to search for the item by instead of name...

Edit: Nevermind.......

I should have been using

inventory:getItemCount("Balloon Monster Remains")

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 pm

No actually you should have been using

inventory:itemTotalCount("Balloon Monster Remains")
I did warn you there could be typoes. :D getItemCount is a deprecated function. If you look at the function in inventory.lua you will see that it just uses itemTotalCount.

For future reference that error means it didn't see any such function. If you opened inventory.lua you would have found that function and seen that it does exist but was just spelt wrong.

WonderBoB

#15 Post by WonderBoB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:39 am

<<<<<Edit: I have solved this issue and continueing with the project Current version is up to V0.9 now ... I am going to add some tweaks to it and upload v1.0b soon.

ahh, okay... itemTotalCount has been changed in my MW_functions file =) Thank you for the reply,

now my next question is about optimizing code, one of the things i would like to do is this:

call => getQS() Then call onMobtbl() and onhvst

This is done when the waypoint file Midnight_Daily.xml is first ran under <onload> </onload>

Now what i would like to see done is on each waypoint when it calls the function ondaily(), what i have this function doing is check and see if all the mob killing quests are done if not then run => onMobtbl() and same for the harvest quests thus calling onhvst().

Now what i would like to add is if the queststate of the kill quests have not changed from the last time getQS() was called then do not load the onMobtbl() again.... same for the harvest as well....

Also one of the problems i have is when the check for the kill quests completes and it no longer needs to run onMobtbl() I need it to run onMobtbl() 1 more time to set the path to "run" so is there a function that allows commands like runOnce() ?

I will upload version 0.4 that has my newest modifications in it.
Last edited by WonderBoB on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:34 am

You know you are doing all the checks twice. It should be faster if you just run the functions anyway.

function ondaily()
		getQS()

onMobtbl()

onhvst()		
	end
That shouldn't cause any problems that I can see and should fix all your issues.

WonderBoB

#17 Post by WonderBoB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 am

I actually built some functions around the onDaily() function that helped a lot and streamlined the process =) ,

The reason behind my request is I found that when all functions were active it would stop for 2-3 sec per way point but as I would off load Functions it would speed back up.
This was what i was looking for, So in my newest version V1.0b I will be rolling out a new way points and speeds are greatly increased.

So far I am quite happy, but would like you to take a look at my code when i post it and give me your honest thoughts and suggestions for improvement.

SpringSun

#18 Post by SpringSun » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:56 pm

howto use it? my character just gathering the "Balloon Monster Remains"...

sorry i have no idea what for these 3 waypoint files
sorry i'm a noob,just please tell me how to use it and what is it for

WonderBoB

#19 Post by WonderBoB » Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 am

If you read my first post, I have given detailed directions on what Quests the bot will run and what quests are required before you begin.

I quick review:

Step 1: Pick up the following quests:

Wrath of the Forest
Need to Know Herbs
Capra and Carts
Pure Nature's Power
Woodland Delirium
Woodland Disgust
Notes from Experience
Conversation Bridge
Miracle Cure
Tilling Hope
Foul Remains
Woodland Distrust

Step 2: while standing in Midnight whispers camp, Load the waypoint folder and choose the waypoint File: Midnight_Daily.xml

Step 3: Sit back and relax while the bot takes care of your 12 dailies/Public events!!!

amalia

#20 Post by amalia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:00 am

Hi.

I reworked the function-file to use IDs instead of names. This should work on any clients no matter the language.
@wonderbob: May be you can repack it.

have fun.
Attachments
MW_functions.lua
IDs instead of names for Quests, mobs and harvesting
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 203 times