Quest Problem, ChoiceOption not an option for completing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Buster99

Quest Problem, ChoiceOption not an option for completing

#1 Post by Buster99 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

I am trying to script completing a lvl 43 quest in Xaviera called, "Real and Fake."

Quest flow is:

Accept quest
Pick Energy Stones off ground
Use Energy Stones in inventory a number of times until it spawns a "Magic Energy Pouch"
Use "Magical Energy Pouch"
Dialogue appears with two choices
Fake Ancient coin appears if you choose either option
3 Fake Ancient coins complete quest

Problem is:
When the dialogue appears, with two options, ChoiceOption does not work. Using:

Code: Select all

sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);");
Is there another way to select a dialogue box option? No idea why this won't work as it does in all other dialogue options I have used it for.

Thanks in advance for help.

rock5

Re: Quest Problem, ChoiceOption not an option for completing

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am

I think you get the Energy Stones off the Stone Protectors and I think you have to select a particular option to get the fake coin, I think the first one.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

#3 Post by kenzu38 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 am

Hmm, how about if you try this code:

sendMacro("SpeakFrame_ListDialogOption(1, 1)")

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:05 am

That quest seems to be disabled on the servers I play so I can't check it but it's possible the a dialog opened from an object is different than a dialog opened from an npc, just like a quest from an object is different than a quest from an npc.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am

rock5 wrote:That quest seems to be disabled on the servers I play so I can't check it but it's possible the a dialog opened from an object is different than a dialog opened from an npc, just like a quest from an object is different than a quest from an npc.
You need to do the lead up quests first, starts at the camp as you enter that zone and then you kill some wolves and mushrooms, then the blood test quest then down to that camp and do the quest in question, done it many times on rom4u. Never bothered to bot it though.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 am

I thought there might be a lead up quest but I even checked with my main characters that have done all the quests in the zone and they don't have access to it either. I'm still looking into it though.

Edit: Oops I thought it was a daily. I have a character here now that can do it. I'll check it out.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:31 am

Looks like SpeakFrame_ListDialogOption(1, 1) does work.

Buster99

#8 Post by Buster99 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 am

Once again, you all are awesome and quick to respond.

Question: I am trying to learn the Repeat ... Until scripting options. I have read quite a few examples of its use. On this particular quest would I be able to:

Repeat
Use Energy Stones
Until
Magic Energy Pouch appears in Inventory

So far I haven't been able to get it to work but first wanted to know if this is even within the scope of its use.

Related question: Can you put as much code as you want between Repeat...Until? Limits?

Again, thanks

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 am

Buster99 wrote:So far I haven't been able to get it to work but first wanted to know if this is even within the scope of its use.
You could do that but I would probably not do it that way, the item in question uses a random number of items in order to do what it is trying to do, so you might have 7 items but it might take 8 items to get what you want. So if you did a loop like you are suguesting it would get stuck in that loop forever because the item you want might never appear.

I am a bit pressed for time at the moment so I can't really go in to much detail of how I would handle it but I will say you need to be careful with the "repeat ... until" loops
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 am

Well you could do

repeat
until Magic Energy Pouch appears in Inventory or energy stone count = 0
Then follow it with a

if Magic Energy Pouch is in Inventory then 
   get fake coin from it
end
then

if fake coin count >=3 then
   head back to npc
end
You could also use the stones every time you get one instead of waiting until you have a few.

Buster99

#11 Post by Buster99 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Ok, I am really enjoying learning this stuff. I am trying to script 40-50 in Xaviera using quests. I know there are are other scipts out there but they use grinding and don't use quests, except dailies. It is a slow go but I am doing it mainly for the challenge and for learning.

The following works but it requires having 6 of the Energy Stones before advancing:

<!-- # 10 --><waypoint x="2940" z="11504" y="137" tag="stonemore">
		inventory:update();
		if inventory:getItemCount("Energy Stone") >=6 then
			repeat
				inventory:useItem("Energy Stone");
					yrest (2500)
			until
				inventory:useItem("Magic Energy Pouch");
					yrest (1000)
					yrest (1200)
		end
		if getQuestStatus("Real and Fake") == "complete" then
			__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("stonedone"));
		else
			__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("stonemore"));
		end
	</waypoint>
But I wanted to learn the "or" option and cannot get it to work. I know the error is in the syntax of how I am using it but cannot figure it out. Here it is:

<!-- # 10 --><waypoint x="2940" z="11504" y="137" tag="stonemore">
		inventory:update();
			repeat
					yrest (2500)
			until
				inventory:getItemCount("Energy Stone") = 0
			or
					yrest (1000)
					yrest (1200)
		else
		end
	</waypoint>
Also, I am sure there are more "clean" ways of writing and ANY tips or suggestions are appreciated.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 pm

What you are doing is trying to use the magic pouch after every stone use. That might work but it's a bit messy. You should do one step at a time. First use the stones until you have a pouch or run out of stones. Then use the pouch if you got one.

You don't need to do inventory:update() before an itemTotalCount because it is done in itemTotalCount.

'=' means assign a value to. '==' means compare 2 values.

Also if you are going to put the code in a waypoint so it runs whenever it reaches that waypoint, why limit it to only run when you have more than 6? I would just run it anyway each time. Also you have it looping back to the same waypoint which means if it didn't have enough Stones to complete the quest then it would get stuck in a loop. It should instead go and kill more Stone Protectors. So the 'stonemore' tag should be at a waypoint that would take you around again to kill more mobs and get more stones.

There are certain rules about how you can split lines. I'm not sure but I don't think you can change

until condition or condition
to

until
condition
or
condition
So, thinking it though, I would use stones until I get a pouch or run out of stones, use the pouch if I have one. If the quest is complete then continue to the 'stonedone' tag. Otherwise repeat until the stones are used up then go kill more mobs.

I was going to give you my complete version but you sound like you're enjoying doing it so I'll just give you the break down.

repeat
			-- Use stones until you get a pounch or run out

-- If I have a pouch, use it

-- if quest is finished then set waypoint to tag 'stonedone' and 'return' to exit waypoint
		until inventory:getItemCount("Energy Stone") == 0

-- At this point quest not done and out of stones. Set tag 'stonemore' and go get some.

Buster99

#13 Post by Buster99 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Thank you for not just giving me the answer. I am very close, I think, to having this work but I am stuck at one place and I think it is easy fix but don't know how to script it. After I use stones and use pouch, if a pouch is in inventory, and quest is NOT completed, I simply want to loop back and do again (like an old-time "goto" option)(or should I be trying to use a Repeat/Until?). I don't want to kill more mobs to get stones if I have more stones in backpack. I tried to insert two comments in the code below to show what I am trying to accomplish:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<onLoad>
	settings.profile.options.COMBAT_DISTANCE = 130
	settings.profile.mobs = {"Stone Protector"}

function usestones()
	repeat
		yrest (2500)
	until inventory:getItemCount("Energy Stone") == 0 or inventory:getItemCount("Magic Energy Pouch") >= 1;
		yrest (1000)
end

function pouchcheck()
	if inventory:getItemCount("Magic Energy Pouch") >= 1 then
			yrest (1200)	
	end
end

</onLoad>
	<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="2703" z="11036" y="138">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  2 --><waypoint x="2802" z="11349" y="148">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  3 --><waypoint x="2699" z="11367" y="157" tag="stonemore">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  4 --><waypoint x="2755" z="11452" y="145">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="2575" z="11876" y="133">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  6 --><waypoint x="2854" z="12233" y="134">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  7 --><waypoint x="3020" z="12183" y="139">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  8 --><waypoint x="3246" z="11981" y="142">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  9 --><waypoint x="3145" z="11665" y="140">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 10 --><waypoint x="2940" z="11504" y="137">
-----> Want to start loop beginning here
		usestones()
		pouchcheck()
		else
			if inventory:getItemCount("Energy Stone") >= 1 then
----->  I want to loop up so that it will do more stones AND check if quest is complete again
			end
		end
	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 10 --><waypoint x="2940" z="11504" y="137" tag="stonedone">
player:sleep() -- code for going to NPC and completing quest will go here
	</waypoint>
I appreciate ALL feedback from anyone. If you have time and see teaching opportunities I would appreciate it very much. Is the rest of script written succinctly and well?

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 pm

That is what the

repeat
I posted, is for.

So basically you would do

repeat
      usestones()
      pouchcheck()
         return
      end
If you want me to explain anything, let me know.

Yes, I like your code. Nice and neat. I think that is a prerequisite of a good future programmer. Keep it up. :)

Buster99

#15 Post by Buster99 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks Rock, that script worked great for that quest. I had to learn the hard way what the "Return" was for. At first I took it out thinking it was a mistake by you only to learn I could not leave the Repeat/Until loop and advance to a WP tag without using Return. At least, I think that is what the "Return" does. :)

I have finised about 25 quests now and still enjoying it alot. I do have a couple questions and am going to ask it in this thread. If you think it is better to start a brand new thread for each quest question I can do that instead of continuing here.

I have a quest which seems super simple. It is called "Seal". I accept quest, tell NPC I am ready, am teleported to another location where I simply have to stand sill and kill three waves of easy mobs that attack me. Then the quest completes and it teleports me back by NPC to turn in.

1) Is there a way to stand in same spot and simply attack mobs advancing at me? I cannot figure out how to:

Repeat
Kill Mobs aggroing me
Until Quest Completes

2) (Related question) I tried to use createpath and simply make a few WPs to move between until quest is complete. The problem is the WPs do not match the location. I tried to use createpath at beginning of quest before being teleported by NPC and I also tried to use createpath after I was alread at the new location after teleport. It tries to move me somewhere else. I am guessing the problem is when I am trasnported to this "cutscene" the location varies? Just curious, why this is or how to "fix" so that I could actually move around in this new location.

Thanks again for help in advance.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 am

1. I guess if the quest becomes complete when you have killed all the waves then, yes, you could do a repeat ... until getQuestStatus("Seal") == "complete". All you want it to do in the loop is look for aggroed enemies and attack them. You should be able to just do

local mob = player:findEnemy(true)
if mob then
    player:target(mob)
    player:fight()
end
yrest(100)
2. I never noticed it myself but then I never botted it. If there is more than one location that the quest is completed at, you can add each of the locations. Then add this after talking with the npc and waiting for the teleport to complete.

__WPL:setWaypointIndex( __WPL:getNearestWaypoint(player.X, player.Z, player.Y ) );
This will go to the nearest waypoint.

Then at each of those waypoints you set the next waypoint using a tag. eg.

Accept quest from npc. wait for teleport. Go to nearest waypoint.

First quest location. Fight mobs. Wait for teleport. Go to tagged waypoint.

Second quest location. Fight mobs. Wait for teleport. Go to tagged waypoint.

Third quest location. Fight mobs. Wait for teleport. Goto tagged waypoint.

Tagged waypoint. Talk to npc and complete quest.
Each of those lines is pseudo code for one waypoint.

See what you can do with that. Let me know if you need more help.

Buster99

#17 Post by Buster99 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Rock, that code worked perfect! I can see other uses for that as well on some other things I have come across. Thanks much.

As I continue having quest questions with my project, is it fine for me to keep posting them in this thread or should I start a new one each time?

Thanks again

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:10 pm

I'd find your posts either way so it wouldn't really matter to me but I guess, because it's your topic and basically the topic is about you asking questions to help you learn, then I guess it's ok to keep posting them here.

Buster99

#19 Post by Buster99 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Is there an editor I can use that will give me line numbers? There are times I get errors that give me a line number where the error occured but I have to manually count down to find the error. I am using Notepad.

Scripts are going well.

Thanks

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Notepad++ is usually recommended.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/