Changelog 745 (RC3)

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
botje

Re: Heads up! Big update comming. Public Release RC1 ready.

#201 Post by botje » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:43 am

ok, i used the updated files, and it still does the whole pause thing while hitting white damage.

but it is less frequent then before.

also, i was wondering if we can get a profile function added for a failed cast, most of the time it has it with ranged pulling, due to a little mount in front of me, so if we would have something like that, we could use custom code to walk forward for example.

just a idea ofcourse :P

lisa

#202 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 am

botje wrote: i was wondering if we can get a profile function added for a failed cast, most of the time it has it with ranged pulling, due to a little mount in front of me, so if we would have something like that, we could use custom code to walk forward for example
That is a tricky one, we are just talking about the obstructed message yeah?
I don't think there is a good solution for all situations, even in the same WP unless you are literally in the same spot and just want to move to another designated spot if you fail to hit a mob, which would be 1% of WP's.
Majority of WP's would be moving around atleast, some spots you might want to walk forward, others would just make you try to run up a little hill you can't climb.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

botje

#203 Post by botje » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 am

well, by allowing users to add their own code in the profile function, they could adapt yes?

but hee, was just a thingy i thought off :P

rock5

#204 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 am

botje wrote:ok, i used the updated files, and it still does the whole pause thing while hitting white damage.
The only thing I can think of that would cause the micromacro output to freeze is if you clicked the micromacro window and accidentally selected some text. That would freeze the script.
botje wrote:also, i was wondering if we can get a profile function added for a failed cast, most of the time it has it with ranged pulling, due to a little mount in front of me, so if we would have something like that, we could use custom code to walk forward for example.
What Lisa said. Also, as it is, it works. It may occasionally miss targets, because of objects in the way, but for the most part it should work fine. If you are in an area that is a problem, such as very hilly area, then there are options to reduce failed attacks. The obvious one is to reduce the COMBAT_DISTANCE, another is to use COMBAT_STOP_DISTANCE if you are using instant skills.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Mer-Ki-Vah

#205 Post by Mer-Ki-Vah » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 am

HI!

My comments on:

1. Ever since I use RC1, the character of the buffs do not make up (ntBuff)
2. Too often happens Crash: functions.lua:314 (after 2-3 hours)
3. 1-2 hours after the start miss out on the loots

4. CPU usage is reduced to 3/4 to (very good :) ) now ~75%

What about other users?

Thx Rock and Lisa

rock5

#206 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 am

Mer-Ki-Vah wrote:1. Ever since I use RC1, the character of the buffs do not make up (ntBuff)
2. Too often happens Crash: functions.lua:314 (after 2-3 hours)
3. 1-2 hours after the start miss out on the loots
1. I didn't understand that line.
2. Please copy and paste the error. Check out my signature on how to copy and paste from MicroMacro. Also, what was the bot doing when it crashed?
3. Does it just occasionally not loot? The memory use degrades over time. Maybe things just slow down so it misses loot. Are you running the game on low video settings?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Budzer

#207 Post by Budzer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Has issues with NTbuff myself I bypass them by putting a key in skills instead of "macro" and triggering it on keypress....

Basically NTb does not recognize that player is moving.

HGW

#208 Post by HGW » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I found an sporadic error on self healing, the bot trys to heal the enemies, see log:

Code: Select all

Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_ARROW_OF_ESSEN=>   Mumifizierter Mann (4827/4827)
Keine (benutzbaren) Heiltränke mehr in den Taschenplätzen 1 bis 240 v
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (4827/4827)
Keine (benutzbaren) Heiltränke mehr in den Taschenplätzen 1 bis 240 v
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (4527/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (4527/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (4081/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (3829/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (3783/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (3783/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (3531/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (3302/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (3050/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (3050/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Mumifizierter Mann (2750/4827)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER        =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Fäulnis-Libelle (0/4695)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   Fäulnis-Libelle (0/4695)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   myself (43067/43089)
Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   myself (43089/43089)
I stopped after 2 minutes. Same error I notified after boss 3 in KS.

My profile:

<skill name="DRUID_RECOVER"          hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" hpper="85" />
I hope I don't miss any update.

Best Regards
HGW
Last edited by HGW on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

#209 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 pm

If you have a mob targeted and cast Recover then it will heal yourself, right? Was your HP below 85%? Was it being cast or wasn't it working?

HGW

#210 Post by HGW » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Yes, but enemy hp is 85% not mine^^.
Bot is using recover until mp is empty or enemy is dead.

lisa

#211 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:24 pm

HGW wrote:Yes, but enemy hp is 85% not mine^^.
Bot is using recover until mp is empty or enemy is dead.
do you have the WP set to be casting the skill or is the bot deciding to cast it?

I had similar issue where I had the WP set to cast the skill but I neglected to add in an update for the player HP so it would keep casting the skill endlessly.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

HGW

#212 Post by HGW » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:27 am

Hi Lisa,

the bot decides to cast.

I think I have an additonal update problem most times after fight Boss 3 in KS.
It starts to cast recovery after I have 85%. But then it's not stopping casting.
In log something like:

Drücke MACRO: DRUID_RECOVER       =>   <UNKNOWN> (1000/1000)

is shown.

This log is different to the previous one.

Best Regards
HGW
Last edited by HGW on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

lisa

#213 Post by lisa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

finally managed to do some party testing.

--=== DPS ===--
On bosses the max fight time is reached, 10 seconds isn't very long for a boss, it clears target and starts to slap it again.
Might need an adjustment on max fight time if target HP is X times player HP ?

I have max target distance at 230 and combat distance at 200 but it would keep saying suguested distance 180 and not attack the mob until I got it within 180. I assume it is reading the range of 1 of the skills and using that as it's range, so does that mean the other profile options are now obsolete since it ignores them anyway?

--=== Healer ===--
Can't really fault healer as none of my chars died, it say quite often it was healing a mob though, which I don't understand. It was only monitoring party members and it only got mobs as target because the mob was attacking healer.
Has there been a change where bot now reads the icon on screen for target as opposed to the target via memory?

I took 3 chars into HoS (1 heal, 1 DPS, other my just wandering around telling bots what to attack), did first 2 bosses without even looking like dieing.

grande

#214 Post by grande » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Was getting a lot of the arithmetic errors mentioned previously in this thread. I've gone back to using the current live version. I was pretty jazzed about this new work you've done and am still happy to see the project continue. But... Not ready to trust the new stuff yet.

rock5

#215 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:22 am

lisa wrote:On bosses the max fight time is reached, 10 seconds isn't very long for a boss, it clears target and starts to slap it again.
Might need an adjustment on max fight time if target HP is X times player HP ?
There are 2 ways to get the "taking too long to damage target" message. One is if you fail to cast 4 times (default) in a row or if you don't do damage for 10 seconds. It shouldn't stop just because 10s (default) have passed.
lisa wrote:I have max target distance at 230 and combat distance at 200 but it would keep saying suguested distance 180 and not attack the mob until I got it within 180. I assume it is reading the range of 1 of the skills and using that as it's range, so does that mean the other profile options are now obsolete since it ignores them anyway?
It works the same as before, it reduces your COMBAT_DISTANCE to the range of your longest range skill as listed in the skills.xml file. I suspect the reason it says 180 is because I had to change some of the standard scout skills such as shot, combo shot etc. to 180. It turns out that most of the scouts skills are dependent on the bow range which varies between 180 and 200. So all these skills will be 20 less range if you have a 180 bow. At the moment there is no way to know the range of the bow so the skills have been set to the lower range to be sure you can cast it. I should be able to fix this when I get most values from memory which I plan to do in my next big update.
lisa wrote:Can't really fault healer as none of my chars died, it say quite often it was healing a mob though, which I don't understand. It was only monitoring party members and it only got mobs as target because the mob was attacking healer.
If a mob attacks you, hasn't it always automatically target the mob? I'm talking about the game not the bot. If you have a mob targeted and it goes to heal itself it still prints the mobs name because you have it targeted. It should otherwise still function correctly. Did it used to behave differently? I guess it possible to set it so that if you have a mob targeted when you cast a player or friendly skill, it says it's casting on itself.
lisa wrote:Has there been a change where bot now reads the icon on screen for target as opposed to the target via memory?
No it still reads the target from memory.

rock5

#216 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:23 am

grande wrote:Was getting a lot of the arithmetic errors mentioned previously in this thread. I've gone back to using the current live version. I was pretty jazzed about this new work you've done and am still happy to see the project continue. But... Not ready to trust the new stuff yet.
Did you update those 3 files on the first post?

lisa

#217 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 am

rock5 wrote:There are 2 ways to get the "taking too long to damage target" message. One is if you fail to cast 4 times (default) in a row or if you don't do damage for 10 seconds. It shouldn't stop just because 10s (default) have passed.
I'll hit up party again tomorrow and post the prints, was every boss fight, can't say if it was every 10 seconds though. Every skill attack was doing damage and the boss HP was going down each time.

botje

#218 Post by botje » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:40 am

i have that same thing for a while now lisa, its very frustrating xd

grande

#219 Post by grande » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 am

rock5 wrote:
grande wrote:Was getting a lot of the arithmetic errors mentioned previously in this thread. I've gone back to using the current live version. I was pretty jazzed about this new work you've done and am still happy to see the project continue. But... Not ready to trust the new stuff yet.
Did you update those 3 files on the first post?

Yes, I loaded in the zip files and then swapped in the updated 3 files below that (player.lua goes in the classes directory, right?). Maybe it was something I did in my profile. It was always the same character/profile that would get the arithmetic crashes. I've attached the profile. Has been very random crashing wherever. My thoughts were onskillcast issues or something in the rogue skills section because of how I call some buffs from there. But there are no issues at all with the live version.
Attachments
Renamed.xml
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

rock5

#220 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 am

You should be able to easily test if it's something in your profile by using another profile. I don't see any problem with it but I noticed you use playerDETECT. That's relatively new isn't it? maybe there is a bug in it.