Changelog 745 (RC3)

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
lisa

Re: Heads up! Big update comming. Looking for testers.

#141 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:24 am

would trying to divide 0 make it say that??

0/10

Otherwise yeah I can't see that code ever saying
attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
Only 2 places are doing arithmatic.

Code: Select all

+ (offset+1)*4
and the

/10

oooh ooh ooh or
addresses.staticCooldownsBase
is nil lol

Check the addresses.lua for it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#142 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:42 am

If addresses.staticCooldownsBase was nil then it would error pretty much right away, not once in a long while. 0/10 works fine. It's when you divide by 0 that you would get a divide by 0 error which is a different error. So it can only be offset that is nil. Except it can't be because of the "if offset".
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#143 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:52 am

I obviously haven't looked into the code but how often is it done?
I usually add in a print to determine the cause of issues like this but if it is doing 100's of them every second it can be annoying.

if offset and offset ~= 0 then
         print(offset)
         return (memoryReadRepeat("int", getProc(), addresses.staticCooldownsBase + (offset+1)*4) or 0)/10
      end
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

nightclaw

#144 Post by nightclaw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 pm

rock5 wrote:
nightclaw wrote:Yes same error i get but just happens way later....and less often
Are you sure it's not a different line number or something because I'm telling you it's impossible to get that error there.

return (memoryReadRepeat("int", getProc(), addresses.staticCooldownsBase + (offset+1)*4) or 0)/10
		end
If offset is nil then it wont do that line so it's impossible to get the "attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value" error for that line. If you are getting that error for that line then I can't explain it.

yep i am sure here it is

function CSkill:remainingCooldown()
	if self.BaseItemAddress ~= 0 then
		local offset = memoryReadRepeat("int", getProc(), self.BaseItemAddress + addresses.skillRemainingCooldown_offset)
			return memoryReadRepeat("int", getProc(), addresses.staticCooldownsBase + (offset+1)*4)/10
		end
	end
	return 0
end
but like i said it dont do it all time and i only get it after running the bot for long time now 8 hours + or so but its radom other bot wont get it and then some times they do IDK but that code you gave does help alot

grande

#145 Post by grande » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:29 am

IDK if it's associated with this beta 4... I'll try reverting to normal to see if there's a difference:

So I switched from windowed to fullscreen mode and it seemed like the bots were running nice and snappy with little errors/mis-steps that I usually have in AT. However, problem is now it doesn't like to switch between characters and crashes with a macro indication:

Loading profile Default.xml
Testing 'ingamefunctions' macro. If it gets stuck here, please update the 'ingamefunctions' by copying the 'ingamefunctions' folder from 'rom/devtools' to the games 'interface/addons' folder.
The communication to the game with the MACRO function seems not to work.
Did not find any crashed game clients.
11:28pm - scripts\rom\bot.lua:604: onLoad error: Define ingame an empty macro at
 the FIRST macro space and assign that to your MACRO hotkey 'F9'.
so far I've deleted macro.bsd files and then reloaded the game. I also recopied the ingamefunctions folder into the game/addons directory. Thinking it has something to do with the windowed vs fullscreen mode since that's when i noticed the problem. Also tried doing what's indicated with the 'F9' hotkey but ended up moving it back to the switch views/guild thing.

rock5

#146 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:07 am

It's very possible some things might be different when in fullscreen mode. I haven't used it since starting the game years ago. I can confirm that Thunderstorm doesn't work if the fullscreen is minimized. There could be a few things that don't work so I suggest leaving it in window mode. Maybe I'll have a look at fullscreen mode in the future and see if it's worth adding support for it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

grande

#147 Post by grande » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:10 am

Thx Rock5. IDK why but fullscreen was just running sooooo smooth with the exception of character login. Maybe there's something with fast autologin. When's the last time you fiddled with Thunderstorm in fullscreen mode?

rock5

#148 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:49 am

grande wrote: When's the last time you fiddled with Thunderstorm in fullscreen mode?
I tried it just before the last post. Why? Does it work for you when minimized? I have 2 screens, though. That might contribute to the problem too.

nightclaw

#149 Post by nightclaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:13 pm

geting this error again seams to be only on my rogue/scout and after few hours of farming Dog meats

grande

#150 Post by grande » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 am

rock5 wrote: Why? Does it work for you when minimized? I have 2 screens, though. That might contribute to the problem too.
I've never really played a mage before. I went back to the latest live revision and reverted to see if I could fix some errors. The new Andor mini-event is a PITA... seems to randomly crash midway through the event. More quality --Froggy-- product, not.

rock5

Re: Heads up! Big update comming. Public Release RC1 ready.

#151 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 am

I've posted my current version for public testing on the first post. Check it out.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 078#p42078

Budzer

#152 Post by Budzer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Well as for tests CPU efficiency it's insane. As for previously my MM eats about 33% more CPU than KS client + alt. Now MM is using over 60% less CPU. That should allow me to run 50% more clients. Of course in theory, cuz I am running 4, while I could 6 maybe 7 ;)

As for problems not a big deal, but I have to reconfigure my NTbuff, but it is not a bot problem at all ;)

lisa

#153 Post by lisa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 am

RC1 seems a lot smoother/faster than "current" bot, nice work.

Still testing it, might hit up DoD tomorrow for some party fun and see how it goes on a boss fight.

nightclaw

#154 Post by nightclaw » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 am

i still geting taht error i posted up above ...and seams be only with rogue/scout so far not sure if its do me runing muti boxes or what...

rock5

#155 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 am

nightclaw wrote:i still geting taht error i posted up above ...and seams be only with rogue/scout so far not sure if its do me runing muti boxes or what...
What line number does it say now? And can you confirm exactly what you have on that line.

To test if it's because you're multiboxing is easy. Just run 1 box and see if it still happens.

rock5

#156 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 am

Updated the list of changes on the first post.

newton666

#157 Post by newton666 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:23 pm

hi with the new rombot i've got a problem with skills which are on cool down.
with the old rombot if the skill was on cool down it would just bypass it and go onto the next skill on the list .
with this new rombot it would wait till the skill in no longer on cool down before it carrys on . Anyway to solve this ?

<!-- #  9 --><waypoint x="2243" z="2462" y="401">speed(80);
       if not player:hasBuff("Evasion") then
         player:cast("ROGUE_EVASION")
          end
 if not player:hasBuff("Premeditation") then
         player:cast("ROGUE_PREMEDITATION")
         end
       if not player:hasBuff("Assassins Rage") then
         player:cast("ROGUE_ASSASSINS_RAGE")
         end
       if not player:hasBuff("Assassins Rage") then
         player:cast("ROGUE_FERVENT_ATTACK")
         end

rock5

#158 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 am

Ah, because you're manual casting. I'll look into it.

rock5

#159 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 am

I just added a cooldown check to player:cast. I also noticed you can't cast skills like Discharge unless you have a target. I've changed it so you can. That way you can use custom code that runs to the middle of a group of mobs, does an aoe and then does a lootall, without having to target a mob first.
Attachments
player.lua
(118.8 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

newton666

#160 Post by newton666 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:39 am

that did the trick thx rock