rombot not working??

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kilbord

rombot not working??

#1 Post by kilbord » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:29 am

i tried to start rombot but i get this error you can see it in the pic but i updated it a couple times and put the files in the right spot a couple times too already so wtf?!?!?
Attachments
the error
the error

silinky

Re: rombot not working??

#2 Post by silinky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:06 am

did you try it after you updated the bot?
ingamefunctions must be in the game folder, not in MM folder.

kilbord

#3 Post by kilbord » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:06 am

i put them in correct place yes updated too and put them there afther updating yes ...

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:10 am

error message says it all really, follow the instructions in my signature and it should be fine =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kilbord

#5 Post by kilbord » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:12 am

lisa wrote:error message says it all really, follow the instructions in my signature and it should be fine =)
i already did thet...

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 am

kilbord wrote:
lisa wrote:error message says it all really, follow the instructions in my signature and it should be fine =)
i already did thet...
I am sorry but that error message is only caused by one thing and the way to fix it is to carefully read my signature and follow the instructions.

Just take your time and don't rush it, read each step carefully and when you do it as instructed the bot will work again.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:49 am

Then you must have put the 'ingamefunctions' folder in the wrong place or you didn't restart the game. There really isn't any other explaination unless some addon is interfering. You don't have the 'ExtraActionBars' addon installed do you?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kilbord

#8 Post by kilbord » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 am

rock5 wrote:Then you must have put the 'ingamefunctions' folder in the wrong place or you didn't restart the game. There really isn't any other explaination unless some addon is interfering. You don't have the 'ExtraActionBars' addon installed do you?
nope but i gues rom bot not working for me maybe i'm using wrong update site thing any one cann tell me the correct update path

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 am

If you are playing on a client that is version 5.0.0 then you should only need to right click the 'rom' folder and select "SVN update". If you don't have Tortoise SVN installed then follow these instructions to install and set it up.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... structions
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kilbord

#10 Post by kilbord » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:09 pm

i got installed and such but its just not working no idea why..... it does test it but when i try it says the macro and thing ig but then it bugs

kilbord

#11 Post by kilbord » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:21 pm

just plz get this worked for the newest version..

Administrator
Site Admin

#12 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:33 pm

It works for the newest version. You're doing something wrong on your end.

kilbord

#13 Post by kilbord » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:00 pm

okay then can i just get the ingamefunction files to ensure i have the right one?

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:04 am

If you have updated to the latest version of the bot with an svn update and you have no conflicting files then the 'ingamefunctions' folder in the 'rom/devtools' folder is 'the right one'. Copy that over to the games 'interface/addons' folder. Alternately you can also just do an svn update on the 'interface/addons/ingamefunctions' folder instead.

kilbord

#15 Post by kilbord » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 pm

wow really hard to get i already did those things?

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:01 pm

I think we've covered everything. If you've tried all the different instructions we've given and it still doesn't work then I don't think there is anything more we can do.

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:03 pm

kilbord wrote:wow really hard to get i already did those things?
I am sorry if we sound like a broken record but obviously your not understanding what we are trying to say.

The error you posted is specifically designed to tell us when the files that should be in the game addon folder arn't the correct version. That is the ONLY time you will get that error message.

So yes we keep saying to update using the SVN instructions
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... structions

So yes we keep saying to make sure the correct folder is copied to the game addons folder because that IS what the error message tells us.

Yes we hear you say you have done it but if you still get that error message then you haven't done it properly, simple as that.

kilbord

#18 Post by kilbord » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:12 pm

WOW :OOOOO svn update tells me i'm up to date i transfered the maybe in interface/addons interface normal evrywhere still not working so you wanna tell me i did it wrong again?

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:05 pm

The rombot folders should all have green ticks, like this image.
svngreen.png
This is how the game folder should look with the addons folder.
addonfolder.png
kilbord wrote:so you wanna tell me i did it wrong again?
Obviously I can't see what you are doing BUT as stated that error message only gets printed if things arn't updated exactly as needed.

If you have all green ticks and the game folder structure is the same as my pic, then try moving out all other addons from the game addons folder.

kilbord

#20 Post by kilbord » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:04 pm

hmm i see 1 of my addons is buggin this ty lisa for finaly some good advice -.-